Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Papyrus

So we need a new way for warden.

6 hours ago, EL_PATRON said:

I havent read everything in this thread, but i got 1 idea

cts are muted for 20 sec at round start

if you want to be warden, you have to type !warden before the 20 sec mute has passed, after the 20 sec the game will randomly pick 1 ct who gets warden

idk if this is possible, just an idea

If you haven't read everything I suggest you take a look at what I have wrote near the top of the page.

As i said i think making a warden queue would be tops and with that could be all your ideas with the 20 sec mute and if no one decides to get in the queue the!warden rule would apply and if in 20 sec on mute no one takes warden, first clear orders and if no one does it well at that point its fd ya know but if they all start spamming after 20 start cting ppl thats all cause if they wanted warden they coulda got in the queue or did !warden before starting to spread aids. I honestly think the queue would work considering all of us when they all spam we say take turns that would fix it atleast i think. 

PLEASE TAKE THIS IN CONSIDERATION CAUSE IM A GENIUS APPLE:B):

I'm not muting cts at the start of the round. I dont want to limt talking. I understand spamming is an issue, but muting them so they cant tell a T to drop a gun as example is a poor way to do it. 

21 minutes ago, Iherdcows said:

I'm not muting cts at the start of the round. I dont want to limt talking. I understand spamming is an issue, but muting them so they cant tell a T to drop a gun as example is a poor way to do it. 

Once doors are open all CT need to be able to talk I agree with that. But right when a round starts and everyone is trying to listen to what the first command is going to be I think that having only warden being able to say his command would help a lot. So maybe 10 seconds? It's going to be hard for a CT to open cells before 10 seconds I bet. 

1 hour ago, Iherdcows said:

That is true didint think bout that imo my warden queue idea would make the spam stop because they know whos going when no need to argu with ppl if they do well idk wat ppl are anymore. All i want outta this is to balance the aids cause rn ppl just do not give up they really want that warden I mean... Just get in the queue and stfu ya know and with that we could do a max of queue entries every map /person like idk max like 2-3 entries. Ik im only going for my idea here but if u go for the !warden rule it would be all bout speed unless u put a max amount of wardening per map wich would fuck everything up if they take over mid round take the badge then there goes one shit idk im just throwing yall my  idea cause ive played with !w rule in slayers couple years ago and it was always 1 guy as warden all map mostly... Anyways im writing this in class so if im spelling like shit dont care xD.

I don't like having a queue for one main reason

I don't want to wait about a full map rotation before I can become warden, plus I would find it irritating if I had to wait an hour to warden once, just for it to be ruined by the previous warden who decided to accept a wind fd. Even if there is 5 people on the queue, having to wait for your name on the list will be a nuisance, especially if like I said before, your round is ended early because of an LR.

5 minutes ago, Yunki said:

I don't like having a queue for a few reasons.

1) Being able to warden once out of 10-15 rounds will be annoying to people who enjoy wardening. I would find it irritating if I had to wait an hour to warden once, just for it to be ruined by the previous warden who decided to accept a wind fd.

a. Even if there is 5 people on the queue, having to wait for your name on the list, will be a nuisance

Warden whore.

So how about voting? So when the end of the round comes ct's can vote to who becomes wardon or they can vote for a random ct? Like !Vote or !Voterandom ?

3 minutes ago, Papyrus said:

So how about voting? So when the end of the round comes ct's can vote to who becomes wardon or they can vote for a random ct? Like !Vote or !Voterandom ?

That'll just waste time, plus unliked people will never get warden and people who don't necessarily want warden this round will be forced to do it.

I think they way it is now is fine. First to give clear and valid orders gets it. If people spam, an SO will mute them and pick who they thought had it. If someone is being a warden whore when other people want to warden, an SO will tell them to not take it for a few rounds.

I personally think we should let SOs do their job rather than having a command do it. They are there on the server for a reason, if things get chaotic, they gotta step in.

1 minute ago, Papyrus said:

Alrighty =]

I'm glad you are seeing issues with the server though. Keep an eye out for them and don't feel discouraged to post more just because one of them didn't pass.

7 minutes ago, Yunki said:

Better me be warden 5 times than Breeze be warden once

Now that is true i like that then idk wat to do !warden will be same shit leave it as it is would be better choice until some awesome genius with a big brain comes up with something

While i do really agree with Yunki on this, If anything is changed, it should be like TTT detective, where you have to enable to even be detective (warden) in the first place to even get it.  That way people who are new and or don't want to be warden do not get selected.  I know many people who are not good wardens or just don't want to be but are really good CT's because they are good shots.  People also spamming !warden is also terrible, this also leads players into thinking that after the warden dies they need to type !warden to take over instead of just giving orders.

I've found very jealous players (they wanted warden) act like the shittiest CT ever because they didn't get warden, who then die and give the T's guns to rebel so they could be warden the next round.  Forgot what my point was in the last sentence.

6 hours ago, Revöker said:

While i do really agree with Yunki on this, If anything is changed, it should be like TTT detective, where you have to enable to even be detective (warden) in the first place to even get it.  That way people who are new and or don't want to be warden do not get selected.  I know many people who are not good wardens or just don't want to be but are really good CT's because they are good shots.  People also spamming !warden is also terrible, this also leads players into thinking that after the warden dies they need to type !warden to take over instead of just giving orders.

I've found very jealous players (they wanted warden) act like the shittiest CT ever because they didn't get warden, who then die and give the T's guns to rebel so they could be warden the next round.  Forgot what my point was in the last sentence.

Ur last sentence is exactly why i dont like !warden random system would be good but yet again ppl would get pissed where as i mean just a queue inatead of random and typing if u wanna get out the random pool would be good without a max i guess but id say if the guy that got the warden if he doesnt give orders for like 10-20 sec first clear orders cause if u get in the queue and ur not rdy to give orders i mean... Ye idk 

Letting !warden decide who is warden will only lead to everyone and their mother binding !warden and spamming their key at the start of the round.

Have a plugin randomly choose someone, and if they don't want it, they can pass it on over mic. This is avoids the initial spam.

Everyone should be willing to warden, so choosing one at random initially shouldn't be a problem.

29 minutes ago, Swed said:

Letting !warden decide who is warden will only lead to everyone and their mother binding !warden and spamming their key at the start of the round.

Have a plugin randomly choose someone, and if they don't want it, they can pass it on over mic. This is avoids the initial spam.

Everyone should be willing to warden, so choosing one at random initially shouldn't be a problem.

How about a combination of the two, with a preference towards those who haven't wardened in a while?

• CTs who want to be warden type !warden.
  • At the start of the round, the plugin chooses a CT who typed !warden in the previous round.
  • If there are any CTs who typed !warden who have wardened 0 or 1 times that map, it ignores those who have wardened more than once. 
  • If nobody types !warden the previous round, the first person to type it is the warden.

This way it would also be very similar to the current system when only one person wants to be warden, but would be much more organized when multiple people want to be warden or someone is taking it a lot.

6 minutes ago, thorgot said:

How about a combination of the two, with a preference towards those who haven't wardened in a while?

• CTs who want to be warden type !warden.
  • At the start of the round, the plugin chooses a CT who typed !warden in the previous round.
  • If there are any CTs who typed !warden who have wardened 0 or 1 times that map, it ignores those who have wardened more than once. 
  • If nobody types !warden the previous round, the first person to type it is the warden.

This way it would also be very similar to the current system when only one person wants to be warden, but would be much more organized when multiple people want to be warden or someone is taking it a lot.

Thats the genius idea i was waiting for but i mean like yunki said before dont wanna wait hours to get warden i like the idea but i still hate the whole !warden thing ur fourth point should just be first clear orders idk maybe im the only one that hates !warden but still xD

Yeah, just make it so when you type !warden it keeps you on the warden list until you type !warden again, no need to type warden each round.

Ask bulletford for his T code for tttgo assuming it is psuedo random and not completely random.

I never expected this forum to become so big xD i'm glad everyone has great ideas =] Right now Swed and Thorgots ideas sound like the way to go.

1 hour ago, ZachPL said:

Yeah, just make it so when you type !warden it keeps you on the warden list until you type !warden again, no need to type warden each round.

Ask bulletford for his T code for tttgo assuming it is psuedo random and not completely random.

i dont think you can get "completely" random, wouldnt it all be psuedo random? 

51 minutes ago, cookie eater said:

i dont think you can get "completely" random, wouldnt it all be psuedo random? 

Well I mean it needs to be like weighted random the more turns you havent been warden the higher chance you have

3 hours ago, ZachPL said:

Well I mean it needs to be like weighted random the more turns you havent been warden the higher chance you have

makes more sense