Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Papyrus

So we need a new way for warden.

While I was playing JailBreak a new player joined the server. No one really noticed him and I he was confused. He was extremely upset because of the ct's that were talking. In the beginning of a match 3-4 ct's were arguing over warden position and the new player was confused so when the cells were opened he roamed around and was instantly killed. I tried helping him and explaining the rules about JailBreak and how he could find other games in sG if he joined our website. After a round the mic spam didn't stop and he got frusterated and left the server. 

We need a new way to decide who becomes warden without it being a big hassle. I know this is a giant complaint but it needed to be said.

If I had joined JailBreak when this happened I wouldn't of came back. Thankfully Rootbeer helped me get through it like I did to the new guy.

Maybe we could have a giant vote on a new system to become warden. If you have any ideas on how we could determine a warden easier please leave a reply. 

Thanks for listening to my rant.

NYEH HEH HEH!

-Papyrus

Papyrus I totally see where you are coming from, I think I actually mentioned this to you before.

Here is what I think should be the way to become warden: 

1. The !warden command will decide on who becomes warden, but whoever gets it first in the beginning round of a new map doesn't keep it for the rest of the game, also ct's cannot spam the !warden command nor can they bind it because I also have another idea.

2. Say if someone were to try to spam the !warden command or bind it, it wouldn't work. How you may ask? Now I am not a person who works with code, but if there were a way that you could make it so that after the first person who gets warden receives it and the round ends, the warden automatically gets passed on to a person in CT. Then after the next warden has had their round, it does it again. This goes through a cycle again and again, while also getting passed on to people who have just joined onto the CT side.

3. One last thing is this, there is an automatic mute for the first 20 seconds on all CT's besides the warden, then if the warden would like to give orders but there is too much talking, they could use some kind of command such as !mr (mute request), this is a command idea that I have thought of, that lets the warden request an admin to mute the CTś besides themselves until he is done giving orders.

Please take this into consideration, also thanks to Papyrus for pointing this out.

8 minutes ago, Shaymin said:

2. Say if someone were to try to spam the !warden command or bind it, it wouldn't work. How you may ask? Well it is simple, now I am not a person who works with code, but if there were a way that you could make it so that after the first person who gets warden receives it and the round ends, the warden automatically gets passed on to a person in CT.

You do realize that in one sentence, you say something is simple, yet you have no idea if it's even possible?

55 minutes ago, Shaymin said:

Papyrus I totally see where you are coming from, I think I actually mentioned this to you before.

Here is what I think should be the way to become warden: 

1. The !warden command will decide on who becomes warden, but whoever gets it first in the beginning round of a new map doesn't keep it for the rest of the game, also ct's cannot spam the !warden command nor can they bind it because I also have another idea.

2. Say if someone were to try to spam the !warden command or bind it, it wouldn't work. How you may ask? Now I am not a person who works with code, but if there were a way that you could make it so that after the first person who gets warden receives it and the round ends, the warden automatically gets passed on to a person in CT. Then after the next warden has had their round, it does it again. This goes through a cycle again and again, while also getting passed on to people who have just joined onto the CT side.

3. One last thing is this, there is an automatic mute for the first 20 seconds on all CT's besides the warden, then if the warden would like to give orders but there is too much talking, they could use some kind of command such as !mr (mute request), this is a command idea that I have thought of, that lets the warden request an admin to mute the CTś besides themselves until he is done giving orders.

Please take this into consideration, also thanks to Papyrus for pointing this out.

bruh, why is it so hard to keep a normal format? 

llSuGD9.png

3 minutes ago, Piero said:

bruh, why is it so hard to keep a normal format? 

llSuGD9.png

First off, I can barely see the pink because my vision isn't the best, but now that you show it to me here I can see it better. I get confused with the white and the very pale pink when choosing my colored text because I forget which is which. Lastly, I like color, color attracts the human eye to look at something (usually something that the author wants to the reader to look at).

My apologies if this bothers you.

Just now, Shaymin said:

First off, I can barely see the pink because my vision isn't the best, but now that you show it to me here I can see it better. Secondly I like color, color attracts the human eye to look at it. Like I said before, I can barely see the pink so when I am choosing my color for the text I get confused sometimes.

My apologies if this bothers you.

yeah, I like reading posts without having to highlight over them

2 minutes ago, Piero said:

yeah, I like reading posts without having to highlight over them

What do you mean? Is your layout the same color as the text, making it pretty much impossible to read unless you highlight it?

Yeah but like if you type !warden and the other ct's are spamming you can't really take over warden ya know?

Kind of hard to think of a new way

yeah holy shit I just read your last idea. I think that would be a great idea. If we mixed that with ocassionally have the !warden randomly assigned to a ct member I think that could work.

5 minutes ago, Papyrus said:

Yeah but like if you type !warden and the other ct's are spamming you can't really take over warden ya know?

Kind of hard to think of a new way

Yeah thats why I meant the occassional random element. It would be assigned to a ct randomly occassionally and it would be irrevokable. if they tried instantly passing and avoiding warden they could get ct'd?

Yes, if they tried avoiding warden completely they should be reminded or ct'd for a smaller amount of rounds, but I just thought of other commands. 

!pass : passes warden, creates a dropdown of CT's that you could choose.

!votect: say there isn't an admin or SO online, and there is someone abusing CT, this creates a vote on a specific CT, to be CT'ed, but only works if the vote of the whole server is over 50%

Also the coding shouldn't be random, but rather go by who joined first, second, ect.

Now you might ask. What if a person joined CT later on in the game? Well they would be at the bottom of the warden placement cycle.

What happens after a round of someone being passed warden? Well whoever was the previous warden that passed the warden on, the person below them on the warden cycle list would be the next warden.

What happens if someone leaves CT? They are removed from the warden placement list, and the list moves up. Also if they were the warden, they would have their warden automatically passed onto the next person.

Thats pretty good actually. But I think that the vote should be wayy more than 50. Like theres certain people that everyone doesnt like for some reason and they could easily ct them ya know? so maybe around 80-90% because being ct'd is a pretty serious offense here :P Sorry for the late reply I was teaching a guy about JB

I havent read everything in this thread, but i got 1 idea

cts are muted for 20 sec at round start

if you want to be warden, you have to type !warden before the 20 sec mute has passed, after the 20 sec the game will randomly pick 1 ct who gets warden

idk if this is possible, just an idea

The !warden would be nice but then i feel like a fast typer or a guy with a bind would always get it, the warden whore rule would have to be applied a lot more and it would still created some kind of argument in the middle of the round. Heres my idea you make warden queue when you are dead if you want to warden next you type idk !next and you get put in the warden queue so then no one will be mad they will just wait their turn! 

I'm an apple.

5 hours ago, EL_PATRON said:

I havent read everything in this thread, but i got 1 idea

cts are muted for 20 sec at round start

if you want to be warden, you have to type !warden before the 20 sec mute has passed, after the 20 sec the game will randomly pick 1 ct who gets warden

idk if this is possible, just an idea

I agree with everyone. This needs to be changed and an easy way would be the 20 second mute. (Don't mean easy in the coding, no clue how that works haha) 

It would be awesome to have all CT muted at start of round and the person who does !warden first gets to speak first. So all T's can hear and understand the rules without having 5 people bitching on why they didn't get warden. I've been trying to get back into JB and it gets very annoying when I can't hear orders because 4 people are spamming at once with different commands. It takes over a minute to get the correct order and by that time it's a free day.