Sign in to follow this  
ZachPL

Interest in a Rust Server

Mods  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should the server be modded?

So last weekend, Centran and I got a test rust server going and it was working fine. Garry finally decided to start supporting the linux server build so it gives us the opportunity to start a server if there is interest within the clan.

If we do start the server would you prefer it to be non modified or modded? And if modded what mods should we look into. (There are two catergories for both non modded and modded servers with in the server browser)

I also have no idea how many players we can realistically support before we start having performance issues so I guess it would just have to be a trial and error thing.

Let me know what you guys think.

I'd play the shit outta it

edit: also yeah, no mods pls just keep it vanilla

Edited by Jiffy

Been taking a break from rust, but I would probably hop on if we were to get a server.

Usually play just vanilla, but tried a few modded recently, and they are quite a lot of fun.

Insta craft and 10x,50x or 100x resources is nice as it speeds the game up, gets people out of their houses / bases, and you don't cry if you die during a raid and loose your only AK+Armour your group has....

Either would be fun

The only mods I'll ever want on an sG server are teleporting and something with levels and experience (that don't reset on death).

Other than that, a 10-20 player server would be most realistic.

For some reason Rust crashes as soon as I launch it on steam. I haven't been assed to fix it but if we have a server up I probably would at least try. It always looked like an interesting concept.

I've never played rust but i've heared it was super fun and would be a good addition.

I put 5 hours in to rust then rage quit after some ass fucks kept hunting my naked ass down for no reason.

I'd be willing to reinstall for this.

Now this may sound like a dumb question, but is the Rust Server going to be on the Rust game, or on Garry's Mod? Because I know GMod has some Rust servers out there.

15 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Now this may sound like a dumb question, but is the Rust Server going to be on the Rust game, or on Garry's Mod? Because I know GMod has some Rust servers out there.

On the Rust game

42 minutes ago, Jodas said:

On the Rust game

Thanks for the clarity! I actually don't own Rust, but I've heard it's a lot of fun. I may run by GameStop today, pick up a Steam card, and buy it!

Thanks for the clarity! I actually don't own Rust, but I've heard it's a lot of fun. I may run by GameStop today, pick up a Steam card, and buy it!

Later tonight I can show you how to play if you want

;^)

Those that play rust. Do you even bother looking at the modded server list at all? We might be interested in adding some mods that had a minimum impact and the vanilla gameplay. However I think that even installing one that does not change vanilla gameplay one bit forces the server on the modded list. I just worry about shooting ourselves in the foot if most people don't even look at that list.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Those that play rust. Do you even bother looking at the modded server list at all? We might be interested in adding some mods that had a minimum impact and the vanilla gameplay. However I think that even installing one that does not change vanilla gameplay one bit forces the server on the modded list. I just worry about shooting ourselves in the foot if most people don't even look at that list.

I personally only play on the modded servers because I played vanilla for about 3 hours and barley even got a shit shack together. I just like to play modded because there's more pvp and base raiding. But it seems like majority of the people just want a regular server with no mods.

1 hour ago, centran said:

Yeah, I think we can do ads and stuff but beyond that it classifies as a mod.

Also I trust no one on staff with admin, no one will play and everyone with spawn stuff so we have to figure that out. (look at darkrp for example)

I'd be down to hop in. I voted for modded, on the one condition it isn't crazy easy. I think insta-craft, or 100x resources is way to game changing, and pretty much defeats the purpose. I'd be ok with maybe a 2x or 3x resources.. I'm not sure how stuff is coded, but I'd be willing to even look into doing some custom stuff.. Like we could have "abilities" per say, where you could have 50% increased crafting speed or 5x resource gathering for the next X amount of seconds/minutes, and then it goes on cooldown. I know some people would probably use their abilities, afk/leave until it's off CD, and repeat, but that would be OK with me. It would still pay off for those players that dedicate their time, but also give people who don't play a lot a little bit of room to catch up.