Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thranxar13

CS: GO help

Soo I got CS: GO but it lags like crap on my computer. I have some money but should I use it to get a better router or just save it altogether for a better computer? I'm not sure what would help more. THANKS! ʕ ·ᴥ·ʔ

Depends, Is it Frame Rate Lag? (Slow FPS?) or Latency lag? (PIng) 

Do cl_showfps 1 in console and see what your frame rates are, and look at your ping in game (Using scoreboard) and see what that is. 

You should have at LEAST 30 FPS if not more, and a ping of under 150. 

Disgusting

yea your eyes cant even see past 24 fps so thats just overkill

/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s

yea your eyes cant even see past 24 fps so thats just overkill

You're telling me you can't tell the difference between how smooth a game looks at 30 fps vs 120?

You're telling me you can't tell the difference between how smooth a game looks at 30 fps vs 120?

Did i need to add a /s?

Most likely if you've played other online games and aren't experiencing lag, a router is not your issue. Although CSGO is not a game that requires an insane computer to run at high graphics, it could very well be your computer. For us to really help you out, we'd need some other information though. Specs on your computer would help determine if it's your computer, and as cookie said if you tell us your ping and fps(net graph in game would tell you what your ping is as well as your fps). 

Even if your internet is the issue, it is very rare that the router is your issue. It's usually your connection as whole.. Your ISP and/or location (If you're living in Europe and playing on West Coast US servers, you're obviously going to see lag).

Most likely if you've played other online games and aren't experiencing lag, a router is not your issue. Although CSGO is not a game that requires an insane computer to run at high graphics, it could very well be your computer. For us to really help you out, we'd need some other information though. Specs on your computer would help determine if it's your computer, and as cookie said if you tell us your ping and fps(net graph in game would tell you what your ping is as well as your fps). 

Even if your internet is the issue, it is very rare that the router is your issue. It's usually your connection as whole.. Your ISP and/or location (If you're living in Europe and playing on West Coast US servers, you're obviously going to see lag).

Piggybacking on this if it ends up being framerate issues and not actual lag/ping, download a free version of a 3dMark suite (probably not the newest one with fire strike) and do some runs of it. It'll post specs, clocks, and all the goodies we need, and also gives you a good comparison to what you should be seeing for scores with similar setups. From there, we can do a rough judgment and mock-up of settings to give you an optimal framerate without making it look completely potato

Pfft, try playing with 190 ping and around 20-30 fps

I was rocking around 400 ping this morning (since my brother decided to play Call of Duty online on his Xbox). I do have better FPS then that though, but it's not fun trying to play Jailbreak or TTTGO when you're teleporting across the map thanks to the lag.

I have been knoown to hit pings of over 900 while playing garry's mod, so that could be a slight problem, but if i can find it i will respond with my fps from CS GO

I have been knoown to hit pings of over 900 while playing garry's mod, so that could be a slight problem, but if i can find it i will respond with my fps from CS GO

a shitty FPS will artificially increase ping on your end, or at least it did on the source engine, so that could be a false positive

Did i need to add a /s?

yeye people here dont get sarcasm. 

Annyyway..  You can play on 30 fps without any problems as long as it doesnt dip down.

Clearly you want above 60 if not more... But 30 would be just fine.

Just build your own computer, you literally look at a manual that comes with each piece, and it shows you pictures and tells you how/where to connect each piece.

You'll save a ton of money, if you absolutely can't build one due to.. well whatever keeps you from doing anything in life (excuses) then i'd reccomend newegg, or Tiger Direct.

There are some other good sites that i can't remember off the top of my head.