Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheAceVirus

Alienware Alpha, No Mic Port?

I have just revived my new Alienware Alpha Computer desktop and after inspecting all of the components, i found it has no headphone jack OR microphone jack. I have an input for my headphones on the back of my monitor, but i still cant find anywhere to plug my microphone into. I have looked on google multiple times and i cant seem to find anything. If anyone knows anything about this and or owns an alienware can you please tell me how to hook up my microphone?

Link to the computer:

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-alpha/pd?oc=dkcwa07hw10&model_id=alienware-alpha

You're going to have to buy a USB external sound card 

So is there a certain brand or anything that i should by to get a better performance or is any fine? 

Alienware sucks, should've built your PC.

I was going to originally but i really didnt know enough to actually build one.

I'm not familiar with them because I've never had to actually buy one. Any should be fine, just search amazon for their best sellers and pick one out with good reviews.

Should've gotten a Razor or just built your own like others have said. Alienware is good, but your gonna need the sound cord. Lol, just your luck.

Should've gotten a Razor or just built your own like others have said. Alienware is good, but your gonna need the sound cord. Lol, just your luck.

IK i wanted to originally, i have a full razer setup including keyboard, headphones, mouse, and mouse pad, but it just would cost to much considering i was on like a 600 dollar budget and dont really know how to build one.

IK i wanted to originally, i have a full razer setup including keyboard, headphones, mouse, and mouse pad, but it just would cost to much considering i was on like a 600 dollar budget and dont really know how to build one.

Razer gear is overpriced and cheap feeling

Build your own PC, and don't be brand loyal. It just leads to stupiditity

Building your own pc is easy. You have literally so many resources, you can go google "how to build my own pc" and you can find detailed guides. Visual learner? go on youtube and search the same thing, there are so many guides. Shit, i've even went to my school library and they had multiple books on building computers (they were outdated tho). 

Don't know what combination of parts to get? There is also resources for this, but these change because prices fluctuate and new and improved parts are coming out.  http://www.logicalincrements.com/is a good source in my opinion if you're looking for a more gaming oriented pc. This all depends on what games you want to play. If you play games like Counter Strike : Global Offensive, you don't need a high tier pc. 

Also, I have a razer "Blackwidow Chroma" keyboard, and I paid like $170 for it or something, and I don't think it was worth it. While using it it just felt cheap and I don't like the switches. For the price I probably could have got something way better. 

I was in the same boat a month ago when my old computer shit itself. I'd never built a computer before and had a budget of 700 bucks. I just watched a few tutorials and made a shopping list of some value components and the machine I ended up with has pleased me so far. Next time you need/want a new computer don't be too intimidated to build it yourself. /my2cents

I was in the same boat a month ago when my old computer shit itself. I'd never built a computer before and had a budget of 700 bucks. I just watched a few tutorials and made a shopping list of some value components and the machine I ended up with has pleased me so far. Next time you need/want a new computer don't be too intimidated to build it yourself. /my2cents

Nah be like me. Power supply dies, drop $1200 and go all out.

Is it too late for a refund? expecting you to use a usb headset/soundcard is a pretty shitty design oversight. no audio except through hdmi= 1/4 usb ports already used. mouse would be 2/4 keyboard 3/4

id take it back just for not having a lan port, like wtf wireless internet only? trash

why all the razer gear? brand loyalty is for the plebs

Alienware sucks, should've built your PC.

i agree with Dr Pepper, you should have really just built it yourself from the ground up, you would of done way better than a pile of crap.