Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doodle Six

Democratic and Republican Nominations

1 hour ago, Ironic said:

Well, like I said above. People who fully support gay marriage and abortion always tell me "Well it doesn't effect you so you shouldn't be against it". As that is pretty much true, it also doesn't effect me if there is no gay marriage or abortion. Like I said, people have their differences and beliefs, and for me I really could care less if gay marriage and abortion is allowed or not.

Well okay but If you can actually support a candidate who would allow for the removal of people's civil rights then I think thats pretty fucked up. People said the same shit about jews and hitler to

11 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Well okay but If you can actually support a candidate who would allow for the removal of people's civil rights then I think thats pretty fucked up. People said the same shit about jews and hitler to

Well then I guess my opinions are "pretty fucked up"

jeez lo weez how hard is it to come up with an argument that doesn't invoke hitler? Gay marriage laws and abortion rights aren't even remotely comparable to the holocaust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, BananaPeelz said:

jeez lo weez how hard is it to come up with an argument that doesn't invoke hitler? Gay marriage laws and abortion rights aren't even remotely comparable to the holocaust.

My point was people just said fuck it and never thought jews would be seriously harmed that much when they elected hitler. Noone when they voted predicted the holcaust it all started with believing they deserved less rights

3 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

you're a fucking idiot trying to compare trump to hitler

use some critical thinking, dont support one party over the other because the media is pulling the race card

trump is trying to demolish the status quo and bring real tangible change to america, no wonder there are people quivering in their quivers over the possibility

hint: its because their money is worthless to a billionare

refer to this comic by my man zyklon b garrison

http://www.dailystormer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Ben-Garrison-March-of-Tyranny.jpg

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

you're a fucking idiot trying to compare trump to hitler

use some critical thinking, dont support one party over the other because the media is pulling the race card

trump is trying to demolish the status quo and bring real tangible change to america, no wonder there are people quivering in their quivers over the possibility

hint: its because their money is worthless to a billionare

refer to this comic by my man zyklon b garrison

http://www.dailystormer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Ben-Garrison-March-of-Tyranny.jpg

I recognize the top half of that as a slightly edited anti semitic cartoon from decades ago. You're not defending your Trump isnt like hitler case here when you're using anti-semitic cartoons to try to prove a point. I'm pretty sure you're intentionally trolling but you're speaking like an actual trump supporter so idk

17 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

trump is trying to demolish the status quo and bring real tangible change to america

Only if you think that deporting millions of Mexican families and blocking immigration based on religion will bring the change you hope for, because that's really all that Trump has brought to the table regarding actual plans. Nothing substantive in the way of economic plans, social reform goals, foreign policy, etc. He's just a blowhard who has managed to convince a lot of people that he can do anything and everything, without giving an iota of proof. I mean shit, the multiple bankruptcies of his businesses should point to the opposite, but people somehow perceive him as a successful businessman because his name is on a bunch of mostly crappy things and he has a reality TV show. And people seem to like that he's a political outsider whose pockets aren't lined with corporate bribes (that we know of), but that doesn't make him a good candidate any more than it makes me one. And nevermind the whole "Make America Great Again" bullshit. Implying that past America was better is a slap to the face. Like, what does he want to bring back? The Reagan days? Do people not realize that the poster-child of conservatism RAISED taxes after only a year into his presidency because Reaganomics was failing so miserably? Or do people just want another Teflon president who can do no wrong in the eyes of his adoring supporters, even when his ideas are utter shit?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

video debunking media lies about trump

you guys probably wont even watch it, and claim this guy is some white supremacist because its easier than forming your own opinion

So I'm listening to this guy and I don't think he's doing your argument any favors:

• Says republican disdain for Trump is "not around policy" because  a lack of a united republican discussion on policy shows that they don't disagree with Trump's policies. Non sequitur
  • Pushes idea that the republicans who don't like Trump feel that way because he isn't controllable. That would only explain why establishment Republicans don't like him, but nothing about why the liberal media is having a field day with him. Could it be his divisiveness and lack of policy detail?
  • Republicans don't like immigration not because they're racist but because immigrants tend to vote for Democrats, and it "stacks the odds against them". I'm not sure that makes it any better if you want to block immigration and deport families for the sake of vote balance.
  • He makes a good point about Muslims who left countries with Sharia Law and coming to America not wanting that Sharia Law to be brought over by future immigrants, thus supporting the idea of temporarily blocking Muslim immigration. However, the problems with blocking immigration based on religion are 1) Treating one religion differently from another is blatantly unconstitutional and 2) Many immigrants are trying to escape Sharia Law or persecution or war and denying them because they belong to a particular religion would be inhuman.
  • Talking about Mexican immigration he again says it's about numbers and not racism, and again that's a retarded argument to make.  He might as well have said: "We need less non-whites. We're not racist, we just want to do better in the polls." :|
  • Talks about remittance (money going into Mexico from American citizens) and says it's from all the welfare being paid to Mexican immigrants, implying that they are moochers. So which is it, are they taking our jobs or not working enough? Or could it be that they take the shitty minimum-wage jobs which don't pay enough and have to collect welfare just to make ends meet? Which ever it is, it's still a matter of race v. race. Sure it might not have to do with racial superiority, but apparently it's to do with racial wealth distribution and wanting your race to profit more from the system than another race.

This is all from the first 15 minutes...

lol uses anti-semitic cartoonist for his case

expert canadian troll upsetting americans

On March 17, 2016 at 8:23 PM, BananaPeelz said:

Anyone who compares today's politicians to Hitler are just fear

mongering. It's the exact same as  the crazy Right claiming Muslims will take over the US.

I am going to play devil's advocate on a couple of points.

On 3/19/2016 at 1:48 AM, Darren said:
  • Pushes idea that the republicans who don't like Trump feel that way because he isn't controllable. That would only explain why establishment Republicans don't like him, but nothing about why the liberal media is having a field day with him. Could it be his divisiveness and lack of policy detail?

I believe the point the guy is trying to make that it is unheard of a political party pouring millions of dollars into attacking their most successful candidate and the only one who has a realistic chance of sealing the nomination before the convention.  Why wouldn't the liberal media attack the GOP front runner?  It would be in their best interest to smear and discredit Trump who would be their biggest threat in the general. He has a better chance of winning traditional blue states in the general. Why wouldn't the liberal media promote a liberal candidate like Hillary? Time Warner the owner of CNN and HBO is one of Clinton's largest donors.  Its not like they are going to run hour long specials praising Trump's use of the best words.

On 3/19/2016 at 1:48 AM, Darren said:

• Republicans don't like immigration not because they're racist but because immigrants tend to vote for Democrats, and it "stacks the odds against them". I'm not sure that makes it any better if you want to block immigration and deport families for the sake of vote balance.
  • Talking about Mexican immigration he again says it's about numbers and not racism, and again that's a retarded argument to make.  He might as well have said: "We need less non-whites. We're not racist, we just want to do better in the polls." :|
  • Talks about remittance (money going into Mexico from American citizens) and says it's from all the welfare being paid to Mexican immigrants, implying that they are moochers. So which is it, are they taking our jobs or not working enough? Or could it be that they take the shitty minimum-wage jobs which don't pay enough and have to collect welfare just to make ends meet? Which ever it is, it's still a matter of race v. race. Sure it might not have to do with racial superiority, but apparently it's to do with racial wealth distribution and wanting your race to profit more from the system than another race.

I agree this information is presented in a way suggesting Republicans don't like immigrant minorities because they vote Democrat.   I believe the sections regarding Latinos, African Americans, and Muslims is to state that minorities historically vote Democrat and that it is still just as true today.  It shouldn't be a surprise or a news headline that Trump is not polling well with the groups.  Relative to past GOP candidates he is actually polling slightly better.

Latinos are going to vote Democrat because they are generally for amnesty and promoting welfare programs where as Republicans want to do the opposite.  I don't think he is implying they are moochers but rather that they are taking advantage of current policies.  They can work without having to pay taxes and also take advantage of tax funded welfare programs and then send back that money to support their families.  Latinos are generally working and doing jobs most Americans would never do as they are labor intensive or beneath them; farm work, construction, housecleaning etc.  Are they individually wealthy? No, but they are able to make enough to sustain living in the US while sending billions of dollars back home collectively.

Ideologically a conservative isn't against Latino immigrants/illegal aliens because they vote Democrat.  Rather they believe that a country is defined by its borders and they are against allowing people to cross illegally and providing amnesty/welfare to does who do.  What is the point of a having rules regarding living and obtaining citizenship when violators of those laws are pardoned.

2 hours ago, alpha.waffles said:

I don't think he is implying they are moochers but rather that they are taking advantage of current policies.  They can work without having to pay taxes and also take advantage of tax funded welfare programs and then send back that money to support their families.  Latinos are generally working and doing jobs most Americans would never do as they are labor intensive or beneath them; farm work, construction, housecleaning etc.  Are they individually wealthy? No, but they are able to make enough to sustain living in the US while sending billions of dollars back home collectively.

Ideologically a conservative isn't against Latino immigrants/illegal aliens because they vote Democrat.  Rather they believe that a country is defined by its borders and they are against allowing people to cross illegally and providing amnesty/welfare to does who do.  What is the point of a having rules regarding living and obtaining citizenship when violators of those laws are pardoned.

My points were in regard to the video Carl Sagan posted, not conservatism on the whole.

And in the video the guy makes his remarks about the legal immigrants. All that census information he uses in his argument about how Mexican immigrants rely on welfare more than other ethnicities is only in respect to the legal immigrants for which there exists census data. This guy doesn't just want to slow down illegal immigration (which is a valid point). Oh no, he seems to want to bring back the quota system for legal entries as well, because 1) there's more of them than European immigrants, 2) they vote democrat thus stacking the odds against Republicans, and 3) they receive more assistance than whites or Asians.

I hope you can see why I'm not enthralled by the idea.

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

do you guys really want these people on our continent?

giphy.gif

GOD YOU ARE SO RACIST TED, THESE PEOPLE NEED OUR HELP.

YOURE A FUCKING WHITE MALE.

12 hours ago, Dakka said:

This felt a little good to watch, definitely recommend watching the full thing.

Makes some good points pertaining to white privilege in the marketplace but is completely out of touch with reality when it comes to crime

By this document, drug use among whites and blacks occurs at approximately the same rate, with blacks being ~1% higher in usage rates

http://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUHresultsPDFWHTML2013/Web/NSDUHresults2013.pdf

To save you time, here's the relevant graph: https://i.gyazo.com/29f99ba8d7e1061845971dcbbb9a5dec.png

Despite this, the drug arrest rates on whites and blacks in the same year (2013 was the easiest one to find data on across the board), black americans made up 30.3% of all arrests despite making up less than 15% of the overall population, while whites made up 67.6% despite making up over 70%. This isn't necessarily "white privilege" as it is black discrimination, but to try and argue the idea that black people aren't targetted unfairly by police is a borderline delusional stance.

edit: forgot to include link for drug-related arrests: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-43

On 3/24/2016 at 0:23 AM, Carl Sagan said:

maybe the <insert stupidity here>  should use less illegal substances so they dont go to prison, just a thought

Maybe the trolling is going a little far now

2 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Maybe the trolling is going a little far now

it was about the level of response i expected

6 minutes ago, Dakka said:

These Jeb humiliation videos are hilarious.

Oh my gosh yes!!! I love it when Cruz hits his mic! Lol and then the air horns :lol:

32 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Oh my gosh yes!!! I love it when Cruz hits his mic! Lol and then the air horns :lol:

THIS IS GREAT:D