Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Doctor Zed

Zed's App [ACCEPTED]

Name: Steven Zedd

Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:25253966 

Provide a link to your GameMe profile: http://sg.gameme.com/playerinfo/497191

Microphone: Yes

Favorite Server: War3, JB, TTTGO in that order

Have you previously been a member of a gaming community? If yes, are you still part of that community? If not, why?: I have never been a part of a community other than sG

Questions or Comments: I was 6 ban ruled for racism, and I'm told admin abuse was a part of it as well.

About Yourself:  I consider my membership a privilege now and will not take it for granted. I miss this community and I wish to be a part of it again.

Referral(s): Eddy [JCS], Clamps [MGR], Chosen [MGR], Bulletford [MGR], Marine [ADV], Piero [RO], Swed [RO], Destin [sO], BlueStreak [sO], Tacky Time [sO], Noah [sO], Mark [sO], Bite [sO], Poseidon [sO], Moose [sO], Kim [sO], Rayne [VET], Tortoise [VET], Trucka [VET], Wintergreen [L4]

First off, make sure you're well versed in reporting abusive players (ex. Mic Spammers, Admins, Hackers etc...)
• Have FIVE referrals from Level 2 Clan members or above.
• Have to have at least 2 week of forum time and 25 posts.
• Have at least 50 hours of playtime on the Syndicate Gamers Servers.

After doing so you will be ready to move on. The first phase of recruitment requires that you be screened by a staff member. In order to do so, you will need to add one of the following and ask them (if available and willing) to screen you. Please add your "in-game name" and "Preferred Server" in the add friend comment, as to avoid confusion. This is not necessary, but highly, highly appreciated.

Staff List

Failure to complete the screening will result in a denied application. Your screening must be posted by a staff member.
Check back often, as updates, comments and suggestions will be made throughout the recruitment process.

Thank you.

confirmed

ref

Question 1: If there was a microphone spammer on the server, how would you deal with it? What if you ran into a hacker?
Spammer = warn, kick, ban. Hacker, demo and observe and post it for review.

Question 2: What would you tell someone else who shows interest in joining sG?
It’s a great community with a variety of servers on several games.

Question 3: Would you consider yourself a mature person? If so, why?
I consider myself an adult, not quite to the mature part yet. I still like dick jokes

Question 4: Why is it that you want to join the sG community? How often will you be on the sG servers and forums?
I was a part of it before, I would really like to be part of it again. Every day I have some time to kill.

Question 5: Do you fully agree with the terms and conditions specified in the recruitment thread?
Yes

Question 6: Have you ever received disciplinary action from the sG staff? If yes, why?
Yes, 6 ban rule, racism. And a couple of run-ins with admin abuse.

Question 7: Have you ever been a member in sG before or tried to become one? If so, why did you leave/get denied?
Yes, 6 ban rule, racism

Question 8: In around 5 sentences, tell us what we need to know about you before we let you into our clan.
Try to be a pretty laid back guy, I play a shitload of War3, slightly less JB, and Im playing TTTGO more and more. Im currently living in Indianapolis, IN and when I’m not working I’m almost exclusively playing sG’s servers or hanging out in the teamspeak. Been a while since I’ve been around, almost a year. I hope you fellow gamers will welcome me back.

Congratulations!

You have met the prerequisites to move onto the next step of the recruitment process. Your status will be changed to reflect that of a recruit. First Staff will vote for exactly one week, then your application will be moved into Pending Recruits. For the rest of the month, during sGr period the whole community will be watching you. Stay active, maintain maturity, post on the forums when possible, and be patient.

Please add "sGr |" (without quotes) to your in-game name. If you are not wearing the tags, your application to join the clan may be denied. Any infractions received in the three week waiting period will directly affect an applicants approval. Feel free to contact any one of us provided we are available. If we aren't, you can send us private message at anytime by clicking on our respective profiles and clicking "Send Message."

Staff List

After talking and playing with you for the last several months I have noticed a change in you. You seem to be a lot more calm in the way you deal with things in the server or simply a lot more chill. You seem to have a good hold on your emotions compared to others your age. I'm not sure what caused this change. It could have been the break from the servers or the fact that you're in your last year of highschool and have a sense of actual growing up. Either way, playing CS and having conversations with you have always been great and I look forward to you being a part of this community.

Yes.

3/50

Yes [Community] + 1:
Yes [sO/VET] + 2:
Yes [staff/LEG] + 3: c12k
Abstain:
No [Community] - 1:
No [sO/VET] - 2:
No [staff/LEG] - 3:

Nah.

http://www.joinsg.net/topic/69294-zed-mfk/

You joined a TS channel that I was in, around a week ago. You were the same loud, obnoxious person that I remember from over a year ago. I ain't falling for this shit.

0/50

Yes [Community] + 1:
Yes [sO/VET] + 2:
Yes [staff/LEG] + 3: c12k
Abstain:
No [Community] - 1:
No [sO/VET] - 2:
No [staff/LEG] - 3: Gerald

When I first started playing on War3 Zed was a very abusive admin. It wasn't abnormal to get kicked for random things.

(Zed was 1 of 2 admins involved here) For example, someone once said "Face is AFK", and while I was in the middle of killing players in the middle of the map (not close to spawn) I got kicked for being AFK. If I recall correctly, I rejoined and the same thing happened very shortly. It happened 1-2 times a day for probably 4 days, even though I made it clear I was tired of being kicked and I didn't find it funny. I had to go to multiple staff members asking them to do something because I couldn't enjoy War3 when losing my items constantly.

I also know Zed muted/gagged people for substantial periods of time (like, the rest of the map) without them breaking any rules.

Zed spam changed my name to the n-word 20+ times back to back. I think he was trying to make a joke about me being racist, but honestly I didn't even notice it happened till after the fact so I'm not sure how it turned out.

Zed is one of a few admins who used to abuse the "break the rules then punish myself" crap that isn't a real thing (at least in my mind). e.g. he would outright call someone the n-word then kick himself for racism.

Zed got accused of trying to hack on the server (which in retrospect, I think he was trying to hack). I asked him to be honest with me, and he swore up and down he did not. I took his side on it because I trusted him. I don't really think Zed is the kind of person I can take his word on something like that, so I'm inclined to believe the rest of staff and say he was cheating on our servers.

Here is me defending him, based purely on him telling me he wasn't hacking (and me trying to justify it with the evidence). I even say in this PM "I cannot speak for him not abusing his admin or being racist", because both of those things are true and he deserved the perma for those alone.

Like some folks who end up in prison, I think Zed's only remorse is the fact that he got banned and lost all his rights. I legitimately don't think he feels bad for anything he did to get banned. I have thought the clear path since Zed's unban thread was thus:

Zed gets unbanned -> Zed acts nice -> Zed gets admin -> Zed very slowly tests the limits (e.g. MFK on JB with no admins on, saying "I'm drunk I don't care", then after the fact calling it an accident to get his punishment reduced) -> Zed finds the limit of how abusive he can be and still get away with it, and is exactly that abusive.

I heavily disagree with Zed having ever gotten admin back. Honestly I don't know if I would have voted for him to be unbanned if I thought he would get admin back (I misinterpreted people's opinions of him getting admin apparently).

I think someone who appealed a perma ban should be on an incredibly tight leash. I think someone who is a paidmen should be held to higher standards than the average player.

I legitimately think Zed will say and do anything he can to make people like him again. I think as soon as he gets a big enough posse, he will go back to his old ways.

Zed is a very likable person, no doubt. I don't think he is inherently a bad person. I think he will abuse his admin at every chance he has, and I think he will make every friend he can along the way to get away with as much as humanly possible. I think it is very bad for the servers, as it is one of the few things I hated when I started playing War3 and I'm sure it drove at least a couple players away from the server.

I don't feel comfortable knowing Zed has admin on War3 and is the only admin on. I have experienced and seen too many negative things about him in my time a year and a half ago playing on the server with him.

I have little proof for my views other than personal interactions with him, his demeanor towards me and other players on the server, and my experiences before he was perma'd when he was legitimately one of 2 admins who I believed were "toxic" at the time.

TL;DR: I don't believe Zed hasn't changed and he will say/do anything to make people like him again. Once people like him, he will start abusing *just enough* that he can still get away with it.

Maybe he will prove me wrong, though.

-3/50

Yes [Community] + 1:
Yes [sO/VET] + 2:
Yes [staff/LEG] + 3: c12k (+3)
Abstain:
No [Community] - 1:
No [sO/VET] - 2:
No [staff/LEG] - 3: Gerald, Face (-6)

Has not changed.

-6/50

Yes [Community] + 1:
Yes [sO/VET] + 2:
Abstain:
No [Community] - 1:
No [sO/VET] - 2:
No [staff/LEG] - 3: Gerald, Face, camelFun (-9)

-6 / 50

Yes [Community] + 1:
Yes [sO/VET] + 2:
Abstain: Piero
No [Community] - 1:
No [sO/VET] - 2:

-6/50

Yes [Community] + 1:
Yes [sO/VET] + 2:
Abstain: Piero, Iherdcows
No [Community] - 1:
No [sO/VET] - 2:

with power comes great responsibility

-6/50

Yes [Community] + 1:
Yes [sO/VET] + 2:
Abstain: Piero, Iherdcows, Travesty
No [Community] - 1:
No [sO/VET] - 2:

Tempting.

-6/50

Yes [Community] + 1:
Yes [sO/VET] + 2:
Abstain: Piero, Iherdcows, Travesty, Bulldog
No [Community] - 1:
No [sO/VET] - 2: