Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Piero

CS:GO Winter Tournament [Jan 22-24]

csgo_tournament_banner_2_by_camelfun-d8d

TEAM EDDY WINS

Eddy

Sack

Matty

Knox

Rootycat

Nau

http://challonge.com/sgwinter2016

a1f6bca904.png

Servers

Servers are hosted in CHICAGO

sG | Tournament Server #1: connect 216.105.171.120:27017; password sgtourney

sG | Tournament Server #2: connect 216.105.171.120:27018; password sgtourney

sG | Tournament Server #3: connect 216.105.171.120:27019; password sgtourney

GOTV #1: connect 216.105.171.120:27217

GOTV #2: connect 216.105.171.120:27218

GOTV #3: connect 216.105.171.120:27219

Find your server -> Open Console (~) -> Copy + Pasta

http://www.joinsg.net/topic/67324-csgo-tournament-servers/

KV1XiSV.jpg

For more info see the full Group Stages and Bracket here

Click on Match Details

Group Stages and Brackets

• This tournament will be using Group Stages and Single Elimination Bracket (if we don't get 12 teams, we will go back to Double Elimination).
  • 3 Groups of 4 teams -- Top 2 teams of each group will move forward to the Playoffs (Single Elim Bracket).
  • The Top 2 teams of the tournament (least amount of Rounds Against) in Group Stages will receive a bye to the Semi-Finals in the Playoffs.
  • A graphic will be put up for display before the tournament to better help teams visualize who they are playing and how to get to the finals.
  • Group Matches and Wild Card Matches (Round 1) will be Best of 1.
  • Semi-finals and Finals will be Best of 3

Prerequisites

• Be registered on the sG Forums.
  • Have a minimum of 50 hours on any of our servers or in total prior the sign up deadline.
  • Not banned during the duration of the event.

Teams

2b4042ffce.png

• Captain's Draft
  • Each team will have 6 players
  • People that don't get picked in the draft will be put on the Sub Roster.
  • Teams may only use the Sub Roster to find a replacement (if needed).

​FULL PLAYER LIST HERE

Times

We will have preset times so everyone knows when you have to be available in the day we have decided to limit the number of teams to 12 (72 players).

The times you need to be available are the following:

Times are in CST

Friday 22nd - 7 P.M. to 10 P.M. (Group Stages)

Saturday 23rd - 3 P.M. to 10 P.M. (Group Stages and Semis)

Sunday 24th - 3 P.M. to 6 P.M. (Finals)

Sign-up

Please use this thread to sign up for the tournament. Please state whether or not you'd like to be a Captain of a team.

Registration ends on Friday, January 15th, 2016, at 11:59 P.M. CST

MAKE SURE YOU ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING DATES BEFORE YOU SIGN UP

FRIDAY, JANUARY 22nd -to- SUNDAY, JANUARY 24th

***If you no-show during the tournament weekend you will be banned from (at the minimum) the next CS:GO Tournament***

Captains will need to be available and on our Teamspeak on Saturday, January 16th at 6 P.M. CST.

Maps

• de_dust2
  • de_inferno
  • de_train
  • de_cache
  • de_mirage
  • de_cobblestone
  • de_overpass
  • awp_snow Kappa

Settings

This will be a traditional 5v5 Counter-strike tournament using the same rules that other leagues do.

• 1:45 round time
  • 40 second bomb timer
  • 15 second freeze time
  • 128 tick
  • Best out of 30 rounds (16 rounds win)
  • Side change after 15 rounds
  • In case of a tie report to a Tournament Official who can put it into Overtime. (See below for more details)
  • Matches will be best out of 1 or 3 maps depending on match. (See bracket for more details **subject to change based on team numbers**)
  • Maps will be chosen in an elimination format. The first team to eliminate a map from the pool will be randomly chosen. The last remaining map will be played first, second to last second, and third to last third in a best out of three. In a best out of one the last map remaining will be played.
  • During a tiebreaker teams stay on their previous ending teams.
  • Each team is required to screenshot the final scoreboard after the match ends
  • The winning team will be required to post the final screenshots of all the maps to prove their victory (In the appropriate forum)
  • Teams are required to be on time to their scheduled match. Teams will be allowed to have 15 minutes from the schedule time before they will be forced to forfeit in case of an absent player/s
  • It is the team's responsibility to make sure their fellow members show up to the posted times.
  • Remember you have 6 players who can all play on your team throughout the tournament. If one person doesn't show up cycle in your other teammate.
  • Players on your roster can by cycled in throughout play if someone is unable to play. However, that player's money will not be set to match the previously lost player's. The opposing team does not have to wait for you to sub someone in unless it is at halftime. (Don't take more than 5 minutes to sub someone in at halftime.)

Overtime Settings:

• Map is reset and max round are 3.
  • Teams stay on their side they finished the map with.
  • Money is set to 10,000.
  • Sides are switched after the 3rd round.

Rules

• sG's Global Server Guidelines apply.
  • No excessive flaming and trolling. (Keep the shit-talking to a minimum)
  • No exploiting.
  • No intentional griefing of teammates and other players
  • No intentional throwing
  • Sky-walking or wall glitching is forbidden.
  • Boosting is fine unless it is to places where textures/walls are missing in view.
  • Planting bombs in places where they cannot be defused by the other team is forbidden. Boost plants or plants where many players are required to defuse are allowed.
  • Grenade bugs are not allowed. (ex. Throwing into certain spaces to create infinite sound loop.)
  • Using any form of hack, cheat, script, or any other 3rd party program to further aid you and your team is STRICTLY forbidden and you will be held to the same punishment as a normal sG Server. (Does not include voice programs such as Teamspeak or Ventrilo)
  • Remember you are playing on sG servers so all punishments will be global.
  • Sitting in spectator, regardless of team, is not allowed during a match. (Not including GOTV)
  • Finding a replacement for a team member must only be made from the Sub Roster, Prior to the Tournament Start.
  • If the a team is not ready in 15 minutes after their time started they either have to play with what they have or forfeit the match.
  • Knife fight for sides
  • You may sub in your 6th man at any time in the match. If you started with 4 people, your teamate may join at any point in the game. Please pause the game prior.

**Failing to comply may result in disqualification from the tournament and the next tournaments.

Prizes

1st Place

$50 purchase from Amazon (CA & US only) or Steam

AWP Redline (x6) (donated by Trinity Crush and Travesty)

1 item from the Donated Prizes List

Forum 'CSGO Winner' Badge

2nd Place 

AK47 Redline (x6) (donated by Trinity Crush and Travesty)

1 item from the Donated Prizes List (after 1st place has chosen)

Donated Prizes

$30 Pizza Order and Delivery (donated by Sean)
Table Top Simulator (x1) (donated by Piero)

Tomb Raider (x1) (donated by Bulldog)

StatTrak™ M4A4 Griffin Field Tested (x1) (donated by nothing_but_fail)

$10 Skin of your choice + Glock Water Elemental (donated by Noah)

AWP Sun in Leo + Famas Djinn + AK47 Frontside Misty (donated by Noah)

One Month Premium Admin (x6)

Custom Title (x6)

Achievement

$20 Pizza order to the first person in the tournament to get an Ace (donated by Nau)

Thanks to everyone that participated and congratulations to the winners of the tournament!

We named Sack the MVP of the Tournament due to his utter domination in the Semi-Finals and Finals.

I hope you all enjoyed this tournament run by Piero and myself. If there’s anything you would change or think needs fixing please let us know or simply post in here. I had a great time preparing and running the tournament and now feel a little lost without it haha.

There should be another tournament in the summer time -- I'd like to try out Team Entry but we'll likely stick to Captains seeing as how it was pretty decently balanced this year. So keep working on those skills, strats and smokes and maybe in sG Summer 2016 you will be crowned, Tournament Champion…

- Trav

Hey my frens I ned a ringer for a turney the priz is an azamav jut jin my temspeek: 127.1.1.1 n da ts will give you a dl  for dis clint. tys bros

Would more people be interested in this tournament if it were Team Captains?

Or do you like entering your own team?

Allow me to explain why we chose to do team entry:

In every single tournament, there would be people that weren't happy with the team that they were on due to the Captain System. They would no-show and drop out of the tournament with little to no warning. When you give 0 fucks about your team, you're more likely to no-show. We thought that team entry would reduce/eliminate the amount of players that would do this because they would be on a team of people that they liked. They would be on a team where their teammates counted on them being there or they'd be at a big disadvantage for the tournament and it would be a waste.

There were also always stacked teams in every tournament. People usually picked people they knew anyways over the players that were better. So we decided to eliminate captains.

Are you a player that doesn't want to sign up because you think you're going to lose? Or are you just lazy enough to not make a team? Would you prefer captains? Please let us know what you think.

We still have a lot of time till this tournament gets under way and it can be changed if the community thinks otherwise.

Idk either way we do this I think there are going to be 2 stacked teams. The tournament will have the same outcome but i don't mind because i'm just doing it for the fun factor.

I feel like a lot of players feel discouraged because they're relatively low skilled level to the winners of the tournaments (LEM+ with an occasional lower ranking player). Maybe different tiers like only a bracket full of MGE-LE's and then LEM's- Globals in their own brackets. Would encourage more people to participate,but that would require two seperate prize pools. 

Edit:Gold Novas and Silvers(If any lol) could be added to the lower bracket). But this is just an idea. A fair one, but the only drawback being that more prizes would have to be donated. But I feel like this would encourage lower ranked players to play and not feel like they would have a 100% chance of being stomped and being discouraged to try or participate in further events.

Also can someone provide what coast is the servers being hosted. Because I remember that was a huge problem during last tournament where people were playing with 80+ ping which is pretty bad.

We are currently looking at hosting the tournament in Chicago servers. That's not confirmed yet, so don't get your hopes up but it's a good possibility.

Hey guys, due to a majority of 60%, we are reverting back to Captain's Draft.

If you'd still like to play in the tournament.

You can sign-up as an individual here:

http://www.joinsg.net/topic/69029-captains-draft-player-sign-up/

What do we need?

Current Rank

Gameme profile

Steam Profile

Please state whether or not you'd like to be a Captain.

It appears we have a lot of people wanting to be captain.

For information:

• The highest skilled players will have precedence of being captain over the lesser skilled players. This way it ensures evener teams.

How can we be sure that games wont be delayed this time around? Is there something that can be done because the scheduling of our last tourney was beyond stupid. Do we just have to wait and see if the servers will be working properly this time around or have extra measures been taken incase of this again?

You weren't there for the last tournament. No problems whatsoever. Everything went right on time, in some cases games started before they were scheduled.

I will ensure to do everything in my ability to make sure it stays on schedule.

5 or 6 people per team?

There's a sub incase someone drops out, or can't make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 or 6 people per team?

Yes what Scrub said. There will be 6 people per team and that roster can swap in/swap out people at half time if they so choose.

I resigned, had to do stuff that day

check the draft, I edited my post

Thanks for letting me know.

I understand the pros of getting a 6th but is it really necessary to require 6 per team? I'm mainly in the tourny to shoot heads and have fun, I'm drafting people who think the same way. It's gonna be p awk to draft the 6th player knowing he's gonna sit out the entire tourny and then tell him exactly that.

I understand the pros of getting a 6th but is it really necessary to require 6 per team? I'm mainly in the tourny to shoot heads and have fun, I'm drafting people who think the same way. It's gonna be p awk to draft the 6th player knowing he's gonna sit out the entire tourny and then tell him exactly that.

There are people that have stated they can't make one day during the tournament. The 6th person is there for that reason.

Ideally, I'd like to make it a requirement to be there for the entire tournament duration. As well it would be an ideal tournament where 0 people no-show or have last minute scheduling conflicts, yes 5 people would be great, but that likely won't happen out of 60ish players. It would be great if it were that way. We could also have more teams making it a more exciting tournament.

The unfortunate reality is that is just not likely to happen.