Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nodus Tollens

The Amount Of Ghosting....

The amount of ghosting on this server is insane. Ghosting is the same as having wall hacks enabled and severely takes away the pleasure of rebelling. A lot of ghosting happens through teamspeaks where the admins tend to reside so they show favoritism and do not do anything about the ghosting. It is really getting out of hand and without being able to 100% prove it on the T side there is nothing to be done about these pseudo wall hacks. Please please please start doing the right thing and stop the ghosting. Many admins even admit to ghosting in the game and make jokes about it, ruining the the T's fun and entire experience. 

I think you take us saying " oh yeah we're ghosting on teamspeak"  in a sarcastic way a little bit too much to heart.

Maybe stop by there once and listen to our conversations, instead of blatantly accusing us of ghosting. Hurts me feels.

ghosting is a bit of a problem when it comes to hunting rebellers and what not. its hard to prove but alot of the time you can tell when a ct gets ghosted by someone on his friends list because they will just b line right to the rebeller. i saw some of this today on obama.

I doubt ghosting is as common as you think, but when it does happen how do you expect admins to deal with it when there's upwards of 40 potential people it could be who are doing the ghosting? If I find the names out I'll kick people, but it's pretty rare to know who is ghosting and who just knows the map.

hes reffering to a specific event i wasnt on teamspeak but there was actual ghosting happening something like a last t hiding somewhere and not coming out and then (probably) joking all the other rounds they would be like GHOSTED! bc autism and aids

People don't like a t hiding for an entire round refusing to come out.

This.  As far as i know the only time a lot of people ghost is when someone is either AFK or camping one spot for way to long (1+min) and are trying to make the round longer we hiding.  I feel that is a bigger problem then ghosting, waiting on some T that is camping a cell or vent for 5 min straight while the CT has no idea where he is at.

This.  As far as i know the only time a lot of people ghost is when someone is either AFK or camping one spot for way to long (1+min) and are trying to make the round longer we hiding.  I feel that is a bigger problem then ghosting, waiting on some T that is camping a cell or vent for 5 min straight while the CT has no idea where he is at.

It's impossible to tell if someone is ghosting unless they make it extremely obvious. With that being said, it's still lame to ghost a camping T. AFK CT's should be slain and beacons should come on at 3:00 anyways.

how is it lame to out a camping T when the CT can't find him?

Ghosting should be a last resort, not a first one. Actually rarely, do I see a T camp to even 3:00 in the same area. Most cases I see obvious ghosting is when 1 alive non rebelling is left as early as 7:00 and the rebelling T(s) are still running about. The CTs make a beeline to the damn Ts before the warden can negotiate a pardon. I'm not trying advocate for an even more T-sided JB, but then again ghosting that early is ridiculous.

All in all, it's the honor system with shit like this. No one can really provide proof of ghosting besides obvious actions. Being reasonable with ghosting is all I ask.

Nah I'm talking about its been 3 minutes and the CT still hasn't found him with becons on I'm fine with people ghosting through steam or something, though I'd prefer 10 times out of 10 if the t would come out and try to kill people. It's the ones who refuse LR and pardons and just sit and wait.