Sign in to follow this  
Stranger Danger

Change Trickster Assassin's expertise.

So I was thinking Trickster Assassin's expertise should change. The exploding barrel sucks and doesnt really work into his style, I think it would make more sense and be cooler if his expertise instead allowed him to create a barrel that he could swap positions with one time. It is a cool mechanic and fits into his style way more. What do you guys think?

The expertise of this race is how it was originally back on WCS. In what way does the expertise make it suck, also remember that expertise is just an small bonus a race gets.

I wasn't saying the expertise made it suck, nor am I saying the expertise sucks. The dmg is just low and figured it made more sense for the "Trickster Assassin" to trick it's opponent, but the people have spoken. Probably because of who I am but they didn't like the idea, so w/e.

Expertises are not supposed to be skills that are inherently strong for the race. They are generally small skills that fit with the theme that make it more interesting to play.

Your suggestion doesn't fall within this definition and wouldn't make sense.

I feel my idea fits the races theme better, but you are right, as an expertise it would be too strong.

I feel my idea fits the races theme better, but you are right, as an expertise it would be too strong.

The theme of the race is barrels, this is why explosive barrels are the expertise.swaping positions can be done I'm sure however, the nature of that would merit adding a skill or changing the race up. Now, don't this the wrong way, changes to expertise don't happen too often and thus I'd like to thank you for your input on this. Even though I do nothing in the terms of coding, I just can create a concept to make the engineers hate me.

#SoulSpectre

My main concern is strength because it is already frustrating sometimes to try and push paper room on office when there is 11 barrels and the trickster is head glitching (essentially) on one. Swapping around once or twice in a fire fight could be pretty strong, especially if you set your barrels up all around an individual room/ area and its already hard to find them, if they swapped In that scenario then you should be 100% dead every time IMO unless they can't aim well.

Idea is neat but I personally fear it would be much too strong for expertise.

My main concern is strength because it is already frustrating sometimes to try and push paper room on office when there is 11 barrels and the trickster is head glitching (essentially) on one. Swapping around once or twice in a fire fight could be pretty strong, especially if you set your barrels up all around an individual room/ area and its already hard to find them, if they swapped In that scenario then you should be 100% dead every time IMO unless they can't aim well.

Idea is neat but I personally fear it would be much too strong for expertise.

I agree with Face who has saved me having to type out a full response. Great idea and would fit the race perfectly, but too strong.

Could we not have this as quite a high expertise as well as the current one? Even level 200 of what not, I don't think this would be too hard to counter if you could apply an armor reduction for a few seconds at the same time?

I don't know if this is possible or not of course, just think it's too good an idea to waste.

As probably the dude that plays this race the most (Lemon Squeezy)

Just my 2 cents, as i can tell there's probably a clique of people here who probably don't let much happen unless its an idea between themselves but here goes.

Tricksters barrel's are .. without a doubt under-powered, o'k so there supposed to be a small boost for a class not much.

Atleast make them like 60-80% chance to set fire, i mean.. its a fire barrel. It shouldn't have a like 30% chance to set fire. (After using it a bajillion times i can attest it really doesn't set on fire that often and its not like the EXPLOSION radius is very large, literally is probably a person width.)

Maybe some cool-down reduction on barrel placing? 

Teleporting barrels i could see being an issue because the vets already have a hard enough time looking for a barrel when there rushing through the map on a maxed high level race not paying attention and get wrekt. (no offense) 

I mean from seeing what other expertise's some races have i'm surprised.

I see comments on people saying keep it within the theme of the race. Like obviously barrels don't teleport.

Keep it within the theme. I mean we could just start adding like.. spawn an AWP, or Negev, .. might as well throw in ult immune. Hmm why not block respawn? Or even respawn every round.  

Will keep playing the race and have a blast. Would love to see it get a little attention. Not saying it needs ANY type of power adjustment. Would just maybe like to see it get a little love.  Welp theres my 1 1/12 cents.

Hope you all have a good afternoon! 

Just incase anyone didn't realize there was a little sarcasm in there. I wasn't actually asking for any of those expertises like negevs or awp ect. I was simple just joking about them. Sorry to have offended anyone if i did. Let me vanish now and play my barrel lol.

Just incase anyone didn't realize there was a little sarcasm in there. I wasn't actually asking for any of those expertises like negevs or awp ect. I was simple just joking about them. Sorry to have offended anyone if i did. Let me vanish now and play my barrel lol.

Don't ever say sorry on here!

Fire barrel definitely needs a bit of a buff though.

Ah i was more sorry that they misunderstood the post. The CD on barrels as i thought to have been 5 seconds is indeed actually 7 seconds. 

Cool-down.

*Even tho it seems to only do like 3-5 damage normally from the explosion, and maybe 10 total from the fire and explosion. (not entirely sure the exact numbers as i know if you have armor it literally does like 3 damage with the explosion.) 

Alot of people talked and quite a few seem to believe upping the damage of the fire barrel... I guess even by a couple points would be deemed "too overpowered"

Maybe a slightly larger explosion radius?

Or to keep top50 happy just.. cooldown reduction! No damage, no extra power. Just easier to set up barrels (aka tricks/decoy barrels) 

*Everything said here is solely my opinion and thought to be correct information, tho it could be incorrect. I respect the opinions of everyone here. 

Edit: Took out an extra line of the same sentence.

Edited by SLAIN

The expertise is a fun added thing that everyone loves, but this one almost hinders the player more. It gives a barrel that looks different and takes away from the number of barrels he gets. Maybe change it to something that is slightly helpful but hard to obtain like... every 10 levels after 100-150 you get an extra barrel? wouldnt be OP cause whats 1 barrel right?