Sign in to follow this  
Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV

CS GO JB Music Spam

I'm tired of the constant spamming of the music in maps featuring disco areas. It spams the whole server, makes warden frustrated because no one can hear him, T's getting FK'ed because there's always that one CT that heard the command and takes the chance to rack up the kills. I'm wondering if we can allow !stopmusic or !stopsounds in chat. It's exhausting and ruins the round - the entire map - for its duration. 

all you have to do is go into your audio settings and toggle audio in background on/off and it turns off the music for 1 round. im pretty sure you can make a bind but i dont know the command so RIP

Part of rebelling is fucking with the cts. The warden can go shut it off if its interfering. Personally I use those discos to lure in the cts as a trap. And its very easy to turn music off in settings

Part of rebelling is fucking with the cts. The warden can go shut it off if its interfering. Personally I use those discos to lure in the cts as a trap. And its very easy to turn music off in settings..

... you can't just set your music to 0 you retard

... you can't just set your music to 0 you retard

You should read the subforum name, Ideas & Comments, Ordinary is just giving his opinion, there's no need to disrespect people on this subforum...

You can just avoid disco every round, if a random ct go to disco, you can ask an admin to slay him because he's not with his team.

So I turn down my music so disco doesn't rape ears. Then I give orders but nobody is following them and die . Plot twist they couldn't hear me because disco was too loud.

The problem isn't disco being loud or annoying to one person it's that some maps have it overpowering and t's can't hear warden leading to not hearing orders or straight up freekills.

Also I'm typing this with only a handful of maps in mind. Most are a non-issue

Edited by Beerman

The issue doesn't lie with the T's, what drives me buck wild is when CT's leave the group to blast music to troll. It's funny the first nanosecond, and then everyone just gets pissed off. Plenty of times, I see paidmins getting in there and doing it. SO's either don't care or think it's funny, so it's allowed to continue. 

Thorgot, thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it out.

snd_musicvolume 0.1

Sometimes I set mine even lower, depending on my mood.

Does that change the music volume permanently? Or if I were to restart csgo, it would reset the command?

The issue doesn't lie with the T's, what drives me buck wild is when CT's leave the group to blast music to troll. It's funny the first nanosecond, and then everyone just gets pissed off. Plenty of times, I see paidmins getting in there and doing it. SO's either don't care or think it's funny, so it's allowed to continue. 

Thorgot, thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it out.

Yeah, it is one thing if the t's are doing it, but more often than not it is the ct's that will leave the team. For example, this morning we were playing atlas and every round a ct would hop into disco and enable the music. Even worse, when they wouldn't turn it off on request, especially when they were still inside disco.

Does that change the music volume permanently? Or if I were to restart csgo, it would reset the command?

It's permanent until you change it again. You can also change it in the settings menu, I believe, it's just easier to adjust quickly in console.

As annoying as the music spam is I think it's just easier to turn your music way down.

If you've ever been on sG's Mini Games server then I'm sure you've learned to turn down your music volume lol