Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Piero

CS:GO Summer Tourney

curious, whats going to happen to the people who signed up but didnt get onto a team?

they don't get to play.

Thats a bit disapointing, i was really hoping to play. Oh well, have fun and good luck to those in it.

I got my work schedule today and probably can't make it. Send skitt a message, you can probably fill in for us.

I got my work schedule today and probably can't make it. Send skitt a message, you can probably fill in for us.

no can do, sorry.

The tourney still isn't for awile and the problem last tournament was teams having people of way higher rank filling in minutes before matches start.  

your point is?

your point is?

My point is fugner is holding people from playing due to last tourneys problem but people who actually signed up trying to join 5 days before tourney shouldn't be an issue

My point is fugner is holding people from playing due to last tourneys problem but people who actually signed up trying to join 5 days before tourney shouldn't be an issue

Personally I don't have a problem if someone who signed up before the cutoff, replaces someone who can't play (regardless of the replacements rank) . If they didn't get picked because no one knew them, etc. then I think they should be allowed to replace someone that can't make it.

So in this instance nau would be now out of the tournament and a replacement could be found, such as Evalynn.

It only becomes a problem when someone who didn't sign up in time tries to sub in.

That's just like.... my opinion.... man.

Rules

• sG's Global Server Guidelines apply.
  • No excessive flaming and trolling. (Keep the shit-talking to a minimum)
  • No exploiting.
  • No intentional griefing of teammates and other players.
  • Sky-walking or wall glitching is forbidden.
  • Boosting is fine unless it is to places where textures/walls are missing in view.
  • Planting bombs in places where they cannot be defused by the other team is forbidden. Boost plants or plants where many players are required to defuse are allowed.
  • Grenade bugs are not allowed. (ex. Throwing into certain spaces to create infinite sound loop.)
  • Using any form of hack, cheat, script, or any other 3rd party program to further aid you and your team is STRICTLY forbidden and you will be held to the same punishment as a normal sG Server. (Does not include voice programs such as Teamspeak or Ventrilo)
  • Remember you are playing on sG servers so all punishments will be global.
  • Sitting in spectator, regardless of team, is not allowed during a match. (Not including GOTV)
  • Absolutely no subs.
  • If the a team is not ready in 15 minutes after their time started they either have to play with what they have or forfeit the match.
  • Knife fight for sides

It's not really a sub when it's this far in advance. It's closer to the sign ups than the tourney still. Just looking to make sure people have fun

sub·sti·tute
ˈsəbstəˌt(y)o͞ot/
noun

1. 1.
    a person or thing acting or serving in place of another.
    "soy milk is used as a substitute for dairy milk"
    synonyms: replacementdeputyreliefproxyreservesurrogatecoverstand-in,locum (tenens), understudy

More intense then ESL Cologne.

MICE ARE ON THE LINE.

P.S. Where is your signature from? Parks and Rec?

Personally I don't have a problem if someone who signed up before the cutoff, replaces someone who can't play (regardless of the replacements rank) . If they didn't get picked because no one knew them, etc. then I think they should be allowed to replace someone that can't make it.

So in this instance nau would be now out of the tournament and a replacement could be found, such as Evalynn.

It only becomes a problem when someone who didn't sign up in time tries to sub in.

That's just like.... my opinion.... man.

My same opinion, my only real issue comes when a team tries to Substitute a player right before a match and they just happen to be a higher skill. As long as the player is replacing them on the roster for the whole tournament, and they previously signed up but were not drafted, I would have zero problems with the roster change.

If the hosts of this tourney are willing to let me or another replace someone who wont make it, or not at all. Then so be it. Its nice to see people support it, but its also stupid to argue about the substitute rule cause if they rule someone can replace another 5 days in advance you cant say other wise, same if they say no.

Its sG's tourny after all.

No one will be allowed to substitute, When people signed up for the tournament they knew what dates they had to be available. Also remember that a team is not entirely screwed if one person can not play since each team has 6 people.

It's not like Eva hadn't signed up during the allotted time. I understand the implementation of the rule because of past events, but them coming to you several days before the tournament and trying to resolve the problem shouldn't pose any issues. It's not the same as someone (*coughcodycough*) not signed up posing as another player to play. It just seems unfair if you're going to switch out a player for another team on the grounds of a possibility of not having 5 players and not do the same for another team. If the reason for that is because it wasn't listed in the signup that they might not be able to make all of the times as Shadow did and NauFrage didn't, does it really matter in concerns to what they wrote along with their signups if you didn't notice some people who cancelled prior to drafting them onto teams? If you're gonna abide to the rules, abide by it wholeheartedly you 49/50 mofos. Someone wants to play who hasn't been too involved in community events before. Should we really be denying them the chance to play in a casual tournament because we feel like white-knighting rules we only want to apply when it's convenient for us to. Correct me if i'm wrong, but we had 54 people with confirmed being able to show up prior to the drafting (Tourney Signup thread had 59 posts, 1 being first post, 4 people dropouts). That's enough with 6 a team for 9 teams. Were fat kids not formed into a team because of not wanting a bracket with an extra team in it, or were there less people than 54 for a full team. Either way, it doesn't seem like the correct move to be denying everyone who wants to play that signed up from playing. /2cents

sG is a dramatic casual gaming community.

Should just let ordinary get a selected sub, from those that became fat kids, not like they're gonna win anyways lol.

Was gonna sign up, but sG and competitive.

Hopefully we will do 7 man teams in the future...without fail there is always a team that has 2 people unable to make it.

Hopefully we will do 7 man teams in the future...without fail there is always a team that has 2 people unable to make it.

I don't think it's necessary. Yes, rules are needed to smooth out the tournament and prevent unfair shifts during games from outside, but if we're just not sticklers as to when people can and can't join due to schedules, that's one thing. Dates/Hours/Weekdays&Weekends have been debated since the first tournament and logically there's always going to be some conflicts depending on how much notice we give people. 

Honestly you can kill two birds with one stone here.

Not only is the nauFrage's team getting screwed over with one less player because he can't make it but the tournament is screwing them over because they don't get a replacement before the tournament even starts.

If you want nau to be banned from next tournament then do so. But don't screw over the other 5 players (along with the other people who didn't get picked).

IMO just give them Evalynn and take nau off the team. If you want to ban him from next tourney for signing up and then not showing, that's your discretion.

/0.02