Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Piero

CS:GO Summer Tourney

csgo_tournament_banner_2_by_camelfun-d8d

Info

Prerequisites

• Be registered on the sG Forums.
  • Have a minimum of 50 hours on any of our servers or in total prior to this post.
  • Not banned during the duration of the event.

Signup

Go to this thread to sign up for the CS:GO tournament. Include your gameme link and whether you are interested in being a captain in your post.
*Make sure you are available for the dates Friday, July 31 -to- Sunday, August 2nd*

***If you no-show during the tournament weekend you will be banned from (at the minimum) the next CS:GO Tournament***

Times

To have preset times so everyone knows when you have to be available in the day we have decided to limit the number of teams to 10.

The times you need to be available are the following:

Times are in EST

Friday 31st 6 P.M. to 9 P.M.

Saturday 1st 4 P.M. to 8 P.M.

Sunday 2nd 6 P.M. to 9 P.M.

Teams

• Captains Pick will be used to pick teams. Remember if you are interested in being a captain, write in your signup post that you are interested.
  • Teams are comprised of 6 team members for which you can cycle people in and out. No sub system, meaning if more than one person doesn't show up you have to play with what you have.
  • Teams will be picked on Saturday, July 25th. All captains that have been notified must be on sG Teamspeak by 7 PM EST to pick their teams.

Settings
This will be a traditional 5v5 Counter-strike tournament using the same rules that other leagues do.

• 1:45 round time
  • 35 second bomb timer
  • 15 second freeze time
  • 128 tick
  • Best out of 30 rounds (16 rounds win)
  • Side change after 15 rounds
  • In case of a tie report to a Tournament Official who can put it into Overtime. (See below for more details)
  • Matches will be best out of 1 or 3 maps depending on match. (See bracket for more details **subject to change based on team numbers**)
  • Maps will be chosen in an elimination format. The first team to eliminate a map from the pool will be randomly chosen. The last remaining map will be played first, second to last second, and third to last third in a best out of three. In a best out of one the last map remaining will be played.
  • During a tiebreaker teams stay on their previous ending teams.
  • Each team is required to screenshot the final scoreboard after the match ends
  • The winning team will be required to post the final screenshots of all the maps to prove their victory (In the appropriate forum)
  • Teams are required to be on time to their scheduled match. Teams will be allowed to have 15 minutes from the schedule time before they will be forced to forfeit in case of an absent player/s
  • It is the team's responsibility to make sure their fellow members show up to the posted times.
  • Remember you have 6 players who can all play on your team throughout the tournament. If one person doesn't show up cycle in your other teammate.

Overtime Settings:

• Map is reset and max round are 3.
  • Teams stay on their side they finished the map with.
  • Money is set to 10,000.
  • Sides are switched after the 3rd round.

Maps

• de_dust2
  • de_inferno
  • de_train
  • de_cache
  • de_mirage
  • de_cobblestone
  • de_overpass
  • awp_snow Kappa

Brackets

• This tournament will be using a double elimination bracket.
  • If a team wins the placement match they are moved into the upper bracket.
  • If a team in the upper bracket loses a match they are then moved down into the lower bracket.
  • If a team loses in the lower bracket after the placement match they are out of the tournament.
  • A graphic will be put up for display before the tournament to better help teams visualize who they are playing and how to get to the finals.
  • The finals will be the winners of the Upper Bracket versus the Lower bracket.

Rules

• sG's Global Server Guidelines apply.
  • No excessive flaming and trolling. (Keep the shit-talking to a minimum)
  • No exploiting.
  • No intentional griefing of teammates and other players.
  • Sky-walking or wall glitching is forbidden.
  • Boosting is fine unless it is to places where textures/walls are missing in view.
  • Planting bombs in places where they cannot be defused by the other team is forbidden. Boost plants or plants where many players are required to defuse are allowed.
  • Grenade bugs are not allowed. (ex. Throwing into certain spaces to create infinite sound loop.)
  • Using any form of hack, cheat, script, or any other 3rd party program to further aid you and your team is STRICTLY forbidden and you will be held to the same punishment as a normal sG Server. (Does not include voice programs such as Teamspeak or Ventrilo)
  • Remember you are playing on sG servers so all punishments will be global.
  • Sitting in spectator, regardless of team, is not allowed during a match. (Not including GOTV)
  • Absolutely no subs.
  • If the a team is not ready in 15 minutes after their time started they either have to play with what they have or forfeit the match.
  • Knife fight for sides

Prizes

1st Place

Forum Badges

Available mouse of your choice x5

from this list: List

2nd Place

Steelseries QcK Mousepad x5

prepare to get pounded nerd

wait u wanna be on my team again :D

nah dude none of us are captains this time we're fucked gg 1v1 me cal-i kid

nah dude none of us are captains this time we're fucked gg 1v1 me cal-i kid

k meet me at lan

Also please have SMAC on these servers so all these war3 kids that cheat get banned ty

Can you guys give more of an advanced notice of tournaments? A month or something so we can plan for it

Too late now 

atleast for the next tourney it would be nice.

It was hard enough to get this in as is, but we'll try to remember that next time.

Why don't we just have a system where it's something like 3rd weekend of july, 3rd weekend of october, third weekend of January, and third weekend of April we always do a tourney(it dosent always have to be third weekend but you see what I mean) it would make it way easier for people, let staff prep long ahead of time, and just allow for more tourneys and make it a regular thing to look forward to

Why don't we just have a system where it's something like 3rd weekend of july, 3rd weekend of october, third weekend of January, and third weekend of April we always do a tourney(it dosent always have to be third weekend but you see what I mean) it would make it way easier for people, let staff prep long ahead of time, and just allow for more tourneys and make it a regular thing to look forward to

This.

I mean we have 12 months in the year, so 4 tournaments, each at 3 month intervals, or vice versa. There doesn't always have to be big prizes, it's all for the fun and bragging rights.

Good luck to everyone and have fun.

For Pacific players, the tournament starts at 3pm for them which seems a little unreasonable on a Friday. I think it should probably be bumped up a little bit (I'm CST fyi).

Wouldn't it be easier to do most of the tournament during the day on Saturday and Sunday (rather than in the evening)?

Would it be possible to have the servers up and running after (or even before) captains are picked so we can 10man/practice in them and see how they perform?

Again: Willing to assist in anyway possible.

Would it be possible to have the servers up and running after (or even before) captains are picked so we can 10man/practice in them and see how they perform?

All the servers are up now. I will release ips later today. As far as times are concerned, Puerto and I might make some changes once team picks are done. Not much we can do until then.

Servers that are up and everyone can play on:

connect 162.251.167.178:27018;password  sGComp

connect 162.251.167.178:27022;password  sGComp

We should test the overtime script -- I think we had an issue with that last time.

For Pacific players, the tournament starts at 3pm for them which seems a little unreasonable on a Friday. I think it should probably be bumped up a little bit (I'm CST fyi).

Wouldn't it be easier to do most of the tournament during the day on Saturday and Sunday (rather than in the evening)?

Again: Willing to assist in anyway possible.

Agreed friday i wont get off work till 4:30 pm PST and prolly not home till like 5 and not to mention no time to eat

Requested times:

EASTERN

Friday 8 PM - 10 PM 

Saturday 4 PM - 9 PM 

Sunday 4 PM  - END

CENTRAL

Friday 7 PM - 9 PM 

Saturday 3 PM - 8 PM 

Sunday 3 PM  - END

MOUNTAIN

Friday 6 PM - 8 PM 

Saturday 2 PM - 7 PM