Sign in to follow this  
JWB10

Increase the number of spots in Jailbreak

I've found lately that the server seems to be full pretty much all the time, which is great. Would it be feasible to expand from 40 to 50 slots? If it didn't work out, we could always change it back.

Also, I'm tired of waiting three minutes to join the server, dammit.

With the increased pop also comes basically a harder to control situation even with increased cts. I've noticed lately many of the maps aren't designed to accommodate even 40 players such as when 30 ts can pretty much mass riot every round in a small cell block and win. Leaves more room for free kills to go unnoticed. Would be too chaotic even by jb standards

No thank you. When the server is full it is already hard enough for CT's to keep control of the round.

It's not possible atm. IIRC Klark mentioned our VMs have a max slot capacity of 42 currently.

Damn, I was imagining the chaos if we had 100 T's running around.

It would be impossible to effectively admin all the players. It's perfect where it is. I would also chime in you could put in a feature much like ttt's rdm reports for freekills.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It would be impossible to effectively admin all the players. It's perfect where it is. I would also chime in you could put in a feature much like ttt's rdm reports for freekills.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm glad you didn't say JB in your sentences. That server and 'Perfect' should never be used in the same sentence.

Edited by Velo

Jb has the perfect amount of letters on it's name...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk I removed this shit why is it back

Edited by Beerman

Our slots get capped by cpu. Jb maxes the cpu when full pop, we simply can't increase it

Sent from my oneplus one

I agree, the jb pop should be increased. Even if we don't increase it people will find way to circumvent the player cap so you might as well just increase the pop.

I agree, the jb pop should be increased. Even if we don't increase it people will find way to circumvent the player cap so you might as well just increase the pop.

1) how would they circumvent the player cap 

2) i already responded with the technical limitation of the server, slots WILL NOT be increased.

1) how would they circumvent the player cap 

2) i already responded with the technical limitation of the server, slots WILL NOT be increased.

Yeah, I figured there was some kind of technical limitation. Would have been fun to witness the chaos though.

if there was enough need we could maybe justify a second jb server..   how long on average are you guys waiting to get in, and does this only occur on weekends or every night?

I've had a couple ten+ minute waits before, but not all the time. A second server would definitely be cool, but I don't know if it would be useful beyond nights and weekends and really only during the summer. I have no idea what the costs are that would be associated with a second server and if those costs would be outweighed by any benefit.

Edited by JWB10

I dont think there's enough need for us to have a second JB server. If wait times were maybe 30 minutes on a 'regular basis. There'd also be an issue of more admins and SO's to moderate the second server

We'd never know though, cause people would give up if the wait was more than 10 minutes, I think. Also, I don't think a lack of admins would be a problem. We often have too many on IMO.