Sign in to follow this  
Dakota

Official Complaint Department Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Junzou said:

At least in TTT:GO, Mass RDM is considered 3+.  In TTTGO, you get banned for RDM+Leave because the mod/admin plugin can't carry slays over from map to map, let alone if someone disconnects and reconnects.  Since the Gmod Advisor just resigned, this is a good time to discuss the "banning protocols" if you disagree with them.

#Avenger4GMODadvisor

@Avenger

Edited by tazmanianxdude

4 hours ago, Moose said:

Well what is considered 'Mass' then? Because I'm pretty positive I've seen some complaints where the guy killed 1-2 people and was banned for a week...

Although complaints made against me really aren't common at all (I must be fucking Jesus.) I do week bans if someone's RDMed twice and they're only there to troll the server by RDMing. I can typically tell because the report response is something like "fuck you faggot I do what I want".

@centran It been 3 episodes so that ban hammer can charge or naw?

Centraid- Unfortunately it takes 3 episodes to power up the ban hammer so you might have to wait a little longer

Edited by Leeroy

If the report against Nixon is legit maybe it's just time for some punishments to come in, he has had plenty of chances.

If this report is legit the person reporting needs to be punished. Admitted to freekilling and only stopped once an admin showed up.

4 minutes ago, Beerman said:

If this report is legit the person reporting needs to be punished. Admitted to freekilling and only stopped once an admin showed up.

Just saw Nixon's comment, but I thought you can't CT people for stuff you were not there for like that even though he is saying he did it where is the actual proof.

Just saw Nixon's comment, but I thought you can't CT people for stuff you were not there for like that even though he is saying he did it where is the actual proof.

Said who? If you admit to breaking the rules you can't report the guy for enforcing the punishment. Also did you not even bother to look at the screenshot? It says the reason he ct'd him. So why didn't the reporter elaborate on it instead of saying it was "for no reason".

2 minutes ago, Beerman said:

Said who? If you admit to breaking the rules you can't report the guy for enforcing the punishment. Also did you not even bother to look at the screenshot? It says the reason he ct'd him. So why didn't the reporter elaborate on it instead of saying it was "for no reason".

So basically like saying your going to "strike" the servers. Its still a bannable offense for even saying it even if you're not going to do it

5 minutes ago, Beerman said:

Idk this is why I said if it was a legit report I'm not really trying to find out what happened just to see how this plays out. 

So basically like saying your going to "strike" the servers. Its still a bannable offense for even saying it even if you're not going to do it

I've never heard anybody call it striking but sure similar to saying I'm gonna ddos the server. Insta ban. "lol I was freekilling before you got here" insta CT

Nixon took it easy as it was only for 5 rounds. Then it seems he was kicking him being a shithead. Nixon, next time just gag and mute so you don't have to keep kicking him.

2 minutes ago, Beerman said:

I've never heard anybody call it striking but sure similar to saying I'm gonna ddos the server. Insta ban.

well how they feel bout that striking aka ddos lol but i understand

8 minutes ago, Beerman said:

I've never heard anybody call it striking but sure similar to saying I'm gonna ddos the server. Insta ban. "lol I was freekilling before you got here" insta CT

Nixon took it easy as it was only for 5 rounds. Then it seems he was kicking him being a shithead. Nixon, next time just gag and mute so you don't have to keep kicking him.

They were  doing that for me too, and like SPIDER IS HERE stop free killing them. and then my computer took a shit  and my csgo  turned off.

They were  doing that for me too, and like SPIDER IS HERE stop free killing them. and then my computer took a shit  and my csgo  turned off.

If it's something that's obviously a joke like "oops better turn off my aimbots" I'll let it slide, but in the situation with the report id probably slay him too

Personally I won't dish out any punishments on someone if I didn't see it happen myself/someone can provide evidence it actually happened. Just because someone admitted to it doesn't mean they actually did it, they could've been baiting Nixon into punishing them just to report him. In either case I don't think Nixon was in the wrong tho, the guys were either FKing or being trolls.

What needs to happen is people need more fucking proof.

If you can take a picture of your CT, why didn't you take a picture of your chat instead of conveniently leaving out your personal disrespect? If you feel like what you said wasn't disrespectful, why did you leave it out? So now instead of showing what you were saying to Nixon, the staff have to waste their time looking through logs. In fact, if I were a staff member, I'd just assume you were being disrespectful and you deserved it; then summarily deny the complaint. So stupid.

There's a reason staff members ask for proof. They're not omnipotent beings.

@Iherdcows  @Absolute_Zero

4Ko4pl3.jpg

Maybe you should get your story straight before filing a complaint. I'm going to take a wild guess and say these are the times that you were kicked and what you said.

Sure the restriction part makes sense why you would want to file a complaint, but you clearly were trying to antagonize him. He obviously didn't kick you for saying "ahhahahahaha" like you claim, considering you followed it up with "cry more." And of course you lie later saying you only said he sucks/ahahahah. If anything you were the one crying more about it.

Do I think Nixon should have thicker skin? Sure, it's the internet and people are going to be little shits. But it is within his right to warn/punish you under our guidelines if you are going to sit there and try and antagonize him.

You could have simply made  a complaint regarding the restriction, but nope you baited him and pushed him to kick/ban you.

Edited by Sportsteen583

Personally I won't dish out any punishments on someone if I didn't see it happen myself/someone can provide evidence it actually happened. Just because someone admitted to it doesn't mean they actually did it, they could've been baiting Nixon into punishing them just to report him. In either case I don't think Nixon was in the wrong tho, the guys were either FKing or being trolls.

Yeah if somebody tells me they broke the rules they will get punished. You're just going to look like moron for trying to report after that.

4 minutes ago, Albert Einstein said:

I have asked player ImNotACuck many times to change his name after he would change it to something like nickson, niksun, nixin. But he would not listen, he would say "how is this admin impersonation? I dont have it spelled out Nixon like you do". I even asked thorgot and he couldent give me a valid answer either, he is not sure what to do so here i am now. Im asking if i have permission to kick for this and if he does not listen after multiple warnings to ban him for like a hour?; For admin impersonation.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198219250621/screenshots

1)  Cuck or cuckold isn't something you should be making people change their names over.  It's not racist, it's not a website, and it doesn't sound like anyone else had that name in the server.

2)  It's not direct impersonation, but he's trying to mimic the way your name sounds, which is a problem on JB if you're both T's.  That's probably why thorgot didn't want to commit to an answer, because it could go either way.  Interested to see what cows has to say.  I'd personally say fuck the kid and don't take shit from him, but he's probably just pissed because you made him change his name for no reason.

1)  Cuck or cuckold isn't something you should be making people change their names over.  It's not racist, it's not a website, and it doesn't sound like anyone else had that name in the server.

2)  It's not direct impersonation, but he's trying to mimic the way your name sounds, which is a problem on JB if you're both T's.  That's probably why thorgot didn't want to commit to an answer, because it could go either way.  Interested to see what cows has to say.  I'd personally say fuck the kid and don't take shit from him, but he's probably just pissed because you made him change his name for no reason.

I can't tell from his post if it means he would ask him to change it AFTER he would change his name to nixson etc.

4 minutes ago, Beerman said:

I can't tell from his post if it means he would ask him to change it AFTER he would change his name to nixson etc.

That's what cows and I are discussing.  Cows reads it one way, I read it the other.  The name change logs seem to indicate "IAmNotACuck" was the last name used before all the Nixon shit started, back on October 16th, so I think what happened is about a week ago Nixon told him to change his name, and since then Cuck has been coming back with Nicksun etc.  My thinking is that Nixon is making this past now to request permission to kick/ban if Cuck continues, because it's been an issue over the past week.