Sign in to follow this  
Dakota

Official Complaint Department Discussion Thread

32 minutes ago, Rune said:

True, but Moose already admitted to slaying him for talking over others, when in this thread

Triv was reprimanded for doing such a thing. I like Moose, but it would be a damn shame to see a double standard going around here. Mute functionality should be used accordingly, then whatever else comes after if he continues.

Yes and no.  There's no demo, so any number of things could be missing from his complaint.  It sounds like the primary reason (which he admits) was that he was talking over the mic, which can't be seen in screenshots.  From what I can tell, the Albert kid wasn't trying to play the game, and was interrupting deliberately when he should have been using teamsay admin chat to question why he was slayed.  Both situations could have resulted in a mute or a slay, as both stop the offending player from disrupting the round.  Per the JB MOTD, "All punishments are up to admin discretion, no set punishment is set in stone for any rule broken."  Furthermore, Moose's logic of "if I mute you, I may as well CT you, and I didn't want to restrict you" makes sense... a mic is required to play.   If they get muted and say, shoot a T with a gun about to kill everyone, is it really their fault that they didn't get to follow the proper protocol?  Think of a slay like a temp, 1-round CT ban, vs. a mute, which can have adverse affects on gameplay.  A slay allows the player to sit out for a round, use admin teamsay to figure out what's going on, and calm down.

Peachy was attempting to play the round and didn't understand why people weren't following his commands and were following Trivs.  Triv further exacerbated the situation by slapping him around.  Peachy's complaint wasn't just about the slay, but about how the situation was handled by Triv.   Triv continued to be a fucking dumbass in the CD while addressing the complaint, and Moose isn't.  I feel like Clamps made the right call by telling Triv not to harass players that are breaking rules, and to simply punish them appropriately.  I don't think a mute is the best option (see above), but that wasn't the core point of Clamps's post.  Moose's shit with Albert was pretty to-the-point.  If he did anything wrong, it was maybe not communicating with Albert, and he admits to that being a possibility... Triv felt he was infallible, and needed to be told he was wrong.

Two entirely different cases.

Edited by Junzou

Trust me, I agree with both of you, especially considering Albert is quite clearly a dumb ass given his posts-

But I feel as though a slay for talking over someone is a rather odd punishment to give. A ct for persistence, yes, but I personally would have muted him. I understand the sentiment that Moose also posted in the thread of "he can't give orders or tell people to drop weapons," but what would be the point of muting people in that case? Why even have the function? My point being that there are cases where people should be muted, and I feel as though this probably should have been one of them.

Now that I think about it, however, I'm pretty sure I've probably slain people for being an annoyance as well. There wasn't any video of said occurrence, so I'm just talking based on experience. That alongside the fact that I can't actually be assed to read albert's side of the story because his posts are impossible to read.

Edited by Rune

11 minutes ago, Rune said:

Trust me, I agree with both of you, especially considering Albert is quite clearly a dumb ass given his posts-

But I feel as though a slay for talking over someone is a rather odd punishment to give. A ct for persistence, yes, but I personally would have muted him. I understand the sentiment that Moose also posted in the thread of "he can't give orders or tell people to drop weapons," but what would be the point of muting people in that case? Why even have the function? My point being that there are cases where people should be muted, and I feel as though this probably should have been one of them.

Mute is a global function, not one specifically designed for JB.  I've used it to calm people down as a whole early in JB rounds (e.g., cases where 6-7 people are attempting to take warden, !mute @CT, then tell them all to calm down, unmute them, then normally for a few maps after that it's fine and there's very little micspam).  

Like the rules say, punishment is up to admin discretion.  I think both approaches have their merit... one allows the offending player to continue playing the round out in a handicapped fashion, but possibly has an adverse affect on players, where the other allows the round to progress as normal for everyone except the offending player.  Personally I think the latter is better than the former, but it's OK to disagree.

Either way, do you really feel a reprimand is warranted in this case, just like Triv?  Again, Triv refused to admit he did anything wrong and harassed someone by slapping them around.  Moose slayed the interrupting player and after some reflection admits he should have maybe communicated better.  It's not just about what happened, but how the admin comes away from it too.

Edited by Junzou
...edited to add that I do unmute CT's :3

6 minutes ago, Junzou said:

Moose slayed the interrupting player and after some reflection admits he should have maybe communicated better.  It's not just about what happened, but how the admin comes away from it too.

Agreed. And that's why I'm not saying I wasn't fully in the right. I know I should have just talked with him. I try to recognize when I'm being unfair but we're not perfect all the time.  In the moment my attitude was more of "you've got to be a complete retard to not understand why you're getting slain" rather than making sure what I was doing was made clear to him. 

16 minutes ago, ctark said:

Jesus fuck, please learn what a period and a comma are.

I'll gladly take the infraction.

Infractions in the CD for making an inflammatory post that adds nothing to the discussion? Ha!

Kappa 

Edited by Junzou

@Albert Einstein aka "Nixon" is a fucking retard.  He literally came onto JB, and when a warden gave a FD, he went into armory.  He then came out fully loaded, and a CT killed him.  He typed in admin chat saying shit like he was "freekilled", and kept typing in chat with all these bullshit reasons how he was fk'd when he ADMITTED to going into armory, making him KOS. 10/10 infallible logic. 

Posts complaint with "evidence" but the evidence is actually almost useless because it doesn't prove anything that did or didn't happen because we can't hear the commands he did or didn't give. But don't worry, people on jb can vouch for the situation :)

1 hour ago, Anonymous said:

So technically this complaint is invalid with insufficiency of proofs.

You best hope one of the staffs will take the extra step to look for the log and find their steam id.  

Their not man people making complaints literally have 2 jobs get the steam id and proof, if not then most likely they will just lock it and tell him to try again lol

"There was someone who did not follow orders and jumped over the railing of the cells"

Zombies can't jump. If he killed a the fd for jumping it's not even a fk. Am I missing something?

@pisky did he accept the LR as admin for the colors and shit?

8 minutes ago, Beerman said:

"There was someone who did not follow orders and jumped over the railing of the cells"

Zombies can't jump. If he killed a the fd for jumping it's not even a fk. Am I missing something?

@pisky did he accept the LR as admin for the colors and shit?

I never accepted.

Also fucking KILL ME 30 SECONDS OF NO COLOR ???????

OH MY GOD ABUSIVE!!! FUCKING TYRANNY FUCK THIS SERVER IM REPORTING YOU ON THE FORUMS HOYLY FUCK

I never accepted.

OH MY GOD ABUSIVE!!! FUCKING TYRANNY FUCK THIS SERVER IM REPORTING YOU ON THE FORUMS HOYLY FUCK

Nah he's saying you shouldn't have slayed him. From what I read the guy wasn't even following the zombie fd rules right.

Yea he was not following the zombie FD rules he jumped.

I have the demo if you need it.

Post it if you want. Also post your steam ID. Did you bring this up originally?

Did I bring what up  originally?

My steamID and profile are in the post btw.

Post is resolved. Has you brought up that he jumped and it wasn't actually a FK this could have been avoided. Also, nothing you're an SO try not to act like an asshole my man

24 minutes ago, nothing_but_fail said:

((((( I NEVER ACCEPTED))).

Zfd don't need accept from admin....

No at the time I was triggerd because I was free slain.

But any ways thanks for all the help everyone much appricated:lul:.

Well in context it wasn't a fk because you did kill the FD guy. Admin discretion at that point but certainly not abusive to slay you for it. Now kicking you before gagging on the otherhand..

Zfd don't need accept from admin....

No but if he had accepted, more responsibility would have been on NBF to beacon the guy, but since he wasn't involved with the LR in the first place he shouldn't be blamed.

On 6/26/2015 at 11:28 AM, Beerman said:

Just post here so clamps can't infract us for posting in the compliant department.

[Rooty cat phish]

What kind of idiot doesn't have recovery options set up for their main email account? If anybody got a hold of my password I can reset everything through my phone. Facebook twitter Gmail everything is connected to my phone.

Who the fuck gets phished anymore anyways?

3 hours ago, Junzou said:

You'll regret this.

"I got banned 6 months and 5 days ago."

Do these kids just set a timer and mark their calendar for when they can come back and get denied                                                                         

"My attitude is more positive towards others, and has no racism."             

Edited by Beerman

7 hours ago, Beerman said:

"I got banned 6 months and 5 days ago."

Do these kids just set a timer and mark their calendar for when they can come back and get denied                                                                         

"My attitude is more positive towards others, and has no racism."             

Hey maybe they have changed....

maybe.....

Fuck I can't find a reason.