Sign in to follow this  
Dakota

Official Complaint Department Discussion Thread

http://plays.tv/video/57269f872515f49617/so-karate-?from=user

HOLY FUCK LOOK AT THIS KID SPAMMING ADMIN CHAT. 

Edit:

17 minutes ago, Lucknoskill said:

Breeze you completed it  before he said surf for lr as soon as he said that you completed....-_-

So I comepleted it quickly after. Did I comeplete it yes. Doesnt matter how quick lol use your fucking brain my dude

^^^ Said by Breeze

You clearly finished the game before the order was finished... so how can you get a prize for a game that was never told what the prize was???? use your fucking brain my dude

Edited by Yunki

I like how he knows what he did and he knows why didnt get lr but he goes out of his way thinking he smart trying to get them banned or something

wAHT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH BREEZE AND CHEECKYSBUR AND FUCKGN MCLOVIN WTF AM I READING WE LITERALLY HAD A FUCKING WEEK OF NO FUCKING CD THREADS ANDF NOW ALL THIS SHIT 

So according to @driz a mass rdm(usually 3-4 or more) is a perma ban now?

Unless they changed it very recently it should be a week ban.

Edited by iafunky

13 hours ago, iafunky said:

So according to @driz a mass rdm(usually 3-4 or more) is a perma ban now?

Unless they changed it very recently it should be a week ban.

It's a perma ct and a week ban. don't listen to the hardass that is @driz

If it was accidental then just give them a 40 ct

Never has been that way. I don't see it changing anytime soon unless the person is an absolute troll and Jeff or Tidus want get rid of them. 

3 minutes ago, iafunky said:

Never has been that way. I don't see it changing anytime soon unless the person is an absolute troll and Jeff or Tidus want get rid of them. 

So if I don't know the game mode and I mass rdm. I'm banned from the server forever. Doesn't seem like a good thing to do if you want to make them learn the game and enjoy it.

Maybe we need a way to restrict them from being traitor for 20 rounds if they mass rdm and ban them for a week.

Edited by Travesty

As far as I can remember the only way to be perma banned instantly was for hacking, 4 ban, or 6 ban rule. One mass rdm was usually between 3-7 day ban depending on the admin. Reading the appeal his one week should stay. I read a post he made before the appeal explaining why he put the tele in that spot. If you know it easily kills people and you are not a traitor you should not be telefragging people. His "accidents" appear to be on purpose and just doesn't want to be banned. 

Edited by Reaper0470

24 minutes ago, Travesty said:

RDM should be treated the same, imo

9 minutes ago, Travesty said:

So if I don't know the game mode and I mass rdm. I'm banned from the server forever. Doesn't seem like a good thing to do if you want to make them learn the game and enjoy it.

Maybe we need a way to restrict them from being traitor for 20 rounds if they mass rdm and ban them for a week.

We can't restrict them from getting a position and unlike JB, restricting them isn't going to stop them from RDM'ing. But mass rdm is a week ban. And obviously if it's reoccurring they will have further punishment seen fit by a staff member, or eventually reach the 4/6 ban rule. 

From what I can tell GCA is a lot like JC. They are both regulars that know the rules, but they think they can stretch them insanely far. GCA knows rdming isn't okay, but in his mind he thinks the kills he got were "accidental" because he couldn't know for sure they were by his teleporting spot. 

Having your computer crash cannot be used as evidence to support why you left when you rdm'd, therefore I think his ban should stay. Maybe he'll be more careful next time and stop being a dimwit with his teleports.

39 minutes ago, TotesMagoats said:

We can't restrict them from getting a position and unlike JB, restricting them isn't going to stop them from RDM'ing. But mass rdm is a week ban. And obviously if it's reoccurring they will have further punishment seen fit by a staff member, or eventually reach the 4/6 ban rule. 

I can see the complications with restricting someone but I feel like they should have extra low karma or something once they come back. Or a way to edit their score.

A week ban seems sufficient but I also think they should have some sort of limitation (maybe reduced HP/dmg or something) for when they get back.

Edited by Travesty

30 minutes ago, Yunki said:

From what I can tell GCA is a lot like JC. They are both regulars that know the rules, but they think they can stretch them insanely far. GCA knows rdming isn't okay, but in his mind he thinks the kills he got were "accidental" because he couldn't know for sure they were by his teleporting spot. 

Having your computer crash cannot be used as evidence to support why you left when you rdm'd, therefore I think his ban should stay. Maybe he'll be more careful next time and stop being a dimwit with his teleports.

I don't think he was trying to stretch the rules. Like I alluded to in my response to his CD thread; he plays a lot and until this incident has never caused problems. He's the type to message me when I'm playing another game to ask me if I'll come over to GMOD because no admins are on, or ask me if such-and-such action is considered rdm/traitorous/etc. I think perhaps he just didn't believe he would be held responsible for telefrag kills. Now he knows otherwise and I highly doubt he'll do it again after the ban expires.

As far as the "leaving" aspect, again I give him the benefit of the doubt since he immediately messaged me telling me his game crashed and that he was rejoining. And he indeed tried to rejoin, but the ban was already in effect.

Edited by Darren

15 minutes ago, Darren said:

I don't think he was trying to stretch the rules. Like I alluded to in my response to his CD thread; he plays a lot and until this incident has never caused problems. He's the type to message me when I'm playing another game to ask me if I'll come over to GMOD because no admins are on, or ask me if such-and-such action is considered rdm/traitorous/etc. I think perhaps he just didn't believe he would be held responsible for telefrag kills. Now he knows otherwise and I highly doubt he'll do it again after the ban expires.

As far as the "leaving" aspect, again I give him the benefit of the doubt since he immediately messaged me telling me his game crashed and that he was rejoining. And he indeed tried to rejoin, but the ban was already in effect.

Did you write that last bit about him messaging you his game crashed on your response? 

And if that's the case them I guess my assumptions were wrong. So maybe a 1-3 day ban would suffice since he still did RDM 4 ppl

Edit: I don't know punishments for GMod, so maybe I'm wrong with the length

Edited by Yunki

28 minutes ago, Yunki said:

Did you write that last bit about him messaging you his game crashed on your response? 

And if that's the case them I guess my assumptions were wrong. So maybe a 1-3 day ban would suffice since he still did RDM 4 ppl

Edit: I don't know punishments for GMod, so maybe I'm wrong with the length

No I didn't include that bit because I didn't ban him for leaving. Perhaps I should include that information though.

The punishment for mass rdm in GMOD is typically 1 week ban, unless you're Will then you ban for 2 days and call me retarded for saying it should be a week ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3 minutes ago, Darren said:

No I didn't include that bit because I didn't ban him for leaving. Perhaps I should include that information though.

The punishment for mass rdm in GMOD is typically 1 week ban, unless you're Will then you ban for 2 days and call me retarded for saying it should be a week ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah @shikaku158 ONE WEEK for mass rdm. Sgt Salty deserved it. 

Or we can change the subject to how shitty the fucking Hitreg on GMod is.

Honestly, I like gca and all, but I do feel he kinda did deserve it.

31 minutes ago, RistoPOWER said:

Honestly, I like gca and all, but I do feel he kinda did deserve it.

There's a difference between telefragging on purpose, and telefragging on accident. I never slay someone for telefragging if I know it was an obvious mistake. Sometimes people are just unlucky and they go right in the spot where someone is teleporting too. However, if someone is teleporting to kill someone on purpose, then I'm gonna slay/ban them.

2 hours ago, RistoPOWER said:

What, you don't like having to land 3 headshots before one registers, or seeing multiple blood splatters from shots that deal no damage?

Edited by Darren