Sign in to follow this  
Dakota

Official Complaint Department Discussion Thread

Dear staff,

This a gaming community, not a place to try and flex your e-peen and tell everyone that the CD thread isn't a debate forum. I know you faggots will come in here and tell me, "IF WE DIDNT DO THIS THEN EVERYONE WOULD SPAM CD THREADS." I really don't understand how the fuck we got this way, but last time I checked everyone that was voted into this community is part of the community. I'm not sure why Sketch or Dastan, who are former staff no less, can't discuss with the person being accused in this thread on the matter. It's literally retarded. Does it really matter? Are you going to lose sleep over it? I feel like the "don't post in CD threads" rule is just something you faggots made up so you can feel better about your insecurities when you infract someone for legitimately contributing to a thread. Don't get me wrong, I understand infracting morons that just go in and shitpost, but I really, honestly do not see a problem with someone who has been in the community for numerous years contributing to said thread.

Thnx,

Rune.

PS: High school gaming community syndrome.

Edit: Driz, if you come in here and start posting with some hyper sensitive bullshit about respecting you, I'm going to laugh in your face as best I can.

maybe i'm late replying, but wtf are you talking about? morons giving me respect is meaningless.. if you are butthurt because you got infracted (presumably by me) for something, we can request the rules be translated into some language you can handle? I know a special ed teacher who can translate into retard if you need it as well. I should also be infracted for "not respecting all players" but.. god you're stupid :( (not as bad at scp-173 though!)

PS. i dont dislike you, i just think you're an annoying kid (like huf, i know harsh, but i think of him when you post). I do still wish you the best though :)

I feel like that was just driz's example right? Did this kid actually donate 250 dollars to us then file a claim?

yes, 250 was an example. I was trying to put it in terms the kid would understand. he bought basic and premium and then tried to get it back. His paypal was subsequently shut down which is indicative of a phished paypal. My suspicion is that the paypal was stolen, all the transactions were reported and the account was shut down. Luckily, the "investigator" found in our favor and we kept the money.

Maybe you guys should have a don't post here if you're not submitting evidence sticky so dummies don't post in there if you don't want them to.

#commonsense

Maybe you guys should have a don't post here if you're not submitting evidence sticky so dummies don't post in there if you don't want them to.

#commonsense

it's been in the global rules for years... everyone here should know the global rules. If you guys can't handle reading them, why would we expect you read a sticky? Most of the guys posting in the CD threads just click the unread shit and dont actually enter the forum anyway

#followingrulesishard

it's been in the global rules for years... everyone here should know the global rules. If you guys can't handle reading them, why would we expect you read a sticky? Most of the guys posting in the CD threads just click the unread shit and dont actually enter the forum anyway

#followingrulesishard

By those rules literally no one but staff would be able to respond to the threads. Not even the person being accused to explain themselves lol.

Maybe, just maybe, you could... I don't know... post a sticky that people immediately see when making a post in the complaint department.

Edited by Travesty

By those rules literally no one but staff would be able to respond to the threads. Not even the person being accused to explain themselves lol.

Maybe, just maybe, you could... I don't know... post a sticky that people immediately see when making a post in the complaint department.

People directly involved can reply to the complaints. Especially if they are the ones being accused, but some people just straight up troll. 

In order to reduce escalation of topics, posts made in the complaint department (including any game specific complaint departments) will ONLY be made when staff make a decision on a topic, or there is something that is IMMEDIATELY relevant to the situation

....... the post will be by staff making a decision or something that is relevant to the situation.. how does this mean only staff can reply? relevant means you were involved or witnessed it, relevant does not mean that you saw someone do something 2 months ago and decide that its related (because if it's worth mentioning now, it should've been reported then)

Word. My bad - I read it quickly. I just assumed that was for staff that weren't involved or there at the time.

I still don't think a simple sticky is a bad idea lmao. Seeing as how it's right in your face before you make a thread or respond to one.

Why would we do that though? Lol. Let's infract before we tell them about it and make em search for it.

The Global Guidelines are like Terms and Conditions to any software you download... You don't actually read the convoluted document, you just agree to it.

Its just an idea to help you guys out.. I don't understand why you guys are so defensive about it haha. Like it's hard to do or something.

Edited by Travesty

Word. My bad - I read it quickly. I just assumed that was for staff that weren't involved or there at the time.

I still don't think a simple sticky is a bad idea lmao. Seeing as how it's right in your face before you make a thread or respond to one.

Why would we do that though? Lol. Let's infract before we tell them about it and make em search for it.

The Global Guidelines are like Terms and Conditions to any software you download... You don't actually read the convoluted document, you just agree to it.

Its just an idea to help you guys out.. I don't understand why you guys are so defensive about it haha. Like it's hard to do or something.

Most of the time it isn't new members that make that mistake, it's veteran members (usually even members who have been warned for the same thing before), that always see to want to post in the CD...

People can't even be bothered to read the 'how to report a player or admin' post that is a sticky!

True I guess but for the common sense folk like me, I'd find it helpful if it was right in front of my face. How to make a post is there for a reason and a sticky people can refer to immediately.

Whether or not some people click it is another thing but at least you're made to look like a fool when it's literally right above the post you just made.

If that's the case though, then what's the point of any sticky lol.

I mean, Signature Sizes has a sticky and that's been in the rules for years now lol. You'd just figure a problem that happens weekly could be aided by something in front of them.

Edited by Travesty

tl;dr

posting in cd anyway

What he said haha.

Thx 4 ur hard work

I like the Am I drunk or high question haha.

I think in the list of questions, you could add:

Am I raging right now? Take a breath and maybe sleep on it. If it's still bothering you the next day, then make a complaint thread about it.

Edited by Travesty

The biggest issue I see with the CD posting is, is this... 

or there is something that is IMMEDIATELY relevant to the situation

Not to go on a rant about tyranny, but staff decides if something is "immediately relevant" even if the original intent was to help with the resolution (whether it be the punishment stays, gets harsher, or removed) of the complaint. I can think of the one time I really thought my input was valuable as an SO, and having had dealt with the person in the past but never having banned them/reported them (warning, kicking, etc.) for a similar issue, so most likely nobody knew about it but me. My post was removed (luckily I wasn't banned) and the complaint was resolved (I don't remember what the result was). 

Now I know this isn't hard evidence. But my post was unbiased, not trolling, and not harassing anyone. But if as an SO that has had run-ins with the same person for the same issues on the server they're assigned to is not allowed/considered irrelevant to the situation (and really I feel any long time member should be included in this), I really don't understand why that is in there, and it just doesn't say something to the effect of: "If you're not the reporter, reported, or have hard evidence that is not yet posted, don't post."

Edited by Moose

Seriously though, what Moose said. What the actual fuck is the big deal behind a community member posting his input when it would be beneficial to the thread? Are you guys really that fucking lonely that you have nothing better to do but to police the complaint department????????????

It's a fucking gaming community, relax your e-peens. You guys aren't being professional in the slightest, and doing this isn't going to get any professional attention from companies. The majority of your income is from stay at home moms who want their kids to be happy on the internet. Give us a break here. We didn't join to be harassed by middle aged men who need some sort of stress release after a shitty day at work.

Edit: Face's GIFs never fail to disappoint though lmao. Tim and Eric top tier.

Edited by Rune