Sign in to follow this  
Dakota

Official Complaint Department Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, *star* said:

i meant it wont really change that... so i literally just said having an admin on doesn't change how unprotected the server is.

From what I've read from this morning until now, you've contradicted yourself.

4 hours ago, *star* said:

eh most people don't understand that everything i say is usually a joke. my life is a meme, so everything i say is a meme. I understand why it does sound hostile, but really, i'm not trying to be. That's just how i sound when i talk, and i'm sincerely sorry for the disrespect, lot. 

And yes, Krony, Sith, and Funky are the only so's i've seen on for a good amount of time and do their jobs without being so strict and giving people the benefit of the doubt. Which i do understand why it can be hard to do, but it seems to be the best option for running a server. Keeps peace. 

I dont get why you're gunna sit here and act like this gmod server is protected from getting dosed, considering my experience when it comes to computers and the information i could achieve means that someone who even had a bit more of skill than i do, could really fuck up the server. Yeah not having an admin on will really change that, but still. Either way this server isn't protected whatsoever. 

i also dont get why we need to talk about this anymore. Can we just leave it at what it is instead of talking about it on other threads? That would be the adult thing to do. 

Did you...

Did you just low-key threaten the server with a ddos? 

6 hours ago, Shaymin said:

Did you...

Did you just low-key threaten the server with a ddos? 

no, i don't have the equipment to do that. 

but someone that does could could easily do it because of how unprotected it is

7 hours ago, MistaChang said:

Sometimes when people are looking to dos a server, they look to see if their are admins online. 

Usually doesnt change the outcome of the person choosing to dos but that's why i did say it. 

Not contradicting, just didn't explain myself correctly. 

Like i said before, why are we still talking about this? President orange just basically said police brutality is ok and we worried about me accidentally typing somethin wrong even tho i corrected myself let's get our priorities together 

8 hours ago, MistaChang said:

This is literally all a joke lol. Either she is dumb or likes to state the obvious that can happen anywhere on any community.

13 hours ago, *star* said:

Sometimes when people are looking to dos a server, they look to see if their are admins online. 

Usually doesnt change the outcome of the person choosing to dos but that's why i did say it. 

Like i said before, why are we still talking about this? President orange just basically said police brutality is ok and we worried about me accidentally typing somethin wrong even tho i corrected myself let's get our priorities together 

Get the fuck outta here you hoe ass bitch. Dont come in here telling people how to run their own server. Admins cant protect a server from ddos so I have no fucking clue why you are so obsessed with that happening. Please fuck off.   @tazmanianxdude  stop being a white knight pussy thanks

Edited by Cman

11 hours ago, *star* said:

Maybe they are still talking about it because of how wrong you are.

First, you don't need special equipment to carry out a DoS. DoS attacks can be done several ways. I think the way you are thinking is to have a very fast internet connection and saturate a servers connection by shear bandwidth. Usually pure bandwidth attacks are DDoS which is distributed and using a botnet(multiple spread out computers/servers usually infected). However, there are other ways for single machine to do a DoS which involve vulnerabilities in software or hardware. The only equipment you need is a computer and internet line.

Second, we are not unprotected. Our host provider has very fast connections to handle bandwidth saturation by DDoS and also has network hardware appliances to filter out other types of attacks and attempt to block some DDoS coming in so it doesn't reach the servers. The reason we picked this host is because of that protection. We don't need some white knight admin constantly on the server waiting to defend the server from the evil script kiddie. We have(or our host has) a big ol'e box with a bunch of wires connected to it and Arbor Networks written on it.

Third, I have no idea why you think not having an admin on would make someone want to commence an attack. Normal attacks come from pissed off children with mommy and daddies credit card that got banned from the server or they are trolls wanting to show off their e-peen... either way they WANT an ADMIN on. They want to show off or get back so an admin needs to be there. On the flip-side when servers get attacked randomly and there happens to be no admins on I can guarantee they don't give a shit if an admin is on or not. They are either a rival community trying to take down a competitor or they are just attacking the top servers on the browser list. The later is what's prominent in not just gmod but any online games. There are people that look at the most amount of players and go after those server regardless of admins being on or not.

So before you go running your mouth how we are unprotected why don't you do some actual research... or at least realize there are people in this community who are not children and have more knowledge then you because they work in industries that have to deal with such attacks on a much bigger scale then a gaming community with game servers.

11 hours ago, *star* said:

"Hey now I'm not here to threaten the server with a DDOS.

"On the other hand someone with just a bit of experience near MY level in computers could do some devastating shit to the server"

Her explaining herself in a nutshell.

------------------------------------------

As @centran stated, there is actually protection on the server. Though what makes you so contradicting is that even of we didn't have security for the server, you are still hinting at the fact that you could possibly ddos the server if you wanted to.

If you don't think that is a threat then idk what is.

1 hour ago, Cman said:

Get the fuck outta here you hoe ass bitch. Dont come in here telling people how to run their own server. Admins cant protect a server from ddos so I have no fucking clue why you are so obsessed with that happening. Please fuck off.   @tazmanianxdude  stop being a white knight pussy thanks

Wow man I just down repped you because you could've handled this way better. You sounded super triggered over something that doesn't concern you, no need to get pissy about it.

Autocorrect got me lol

@Cman

Edited by tazmanianxdude

i dont have the ability to dos because I dont want too and also my dad works for the NSA so most of the shit i do on the internet is monitored plus my computer in general is monitored. 

Why are you taking this so seriously lol i said it in a way thats hard to understand but dude believe me, im a fucking computer science major i know how to dos someone and i know what you need to do to get information from a server.

Equipment as in software programs, ect. Either way i shouldn't have to explain myself anyways. I dont plan on dossing the server anytime soon so why the fuck does it matter? 

Plus i literally just said i was wrong about the admin thing, It just depends on if you're being attacked by a little kid trying to be funny or a real fucking black hat, but because the server doesnt have much data that matters, that probably wont happen. Its also gmod, lol. 

This year will be my 3rd year of being an invitee to the Black Hat Convention in Las Vegas, like i said i know what im saying i just dont give a fuck to explain myself because most of this site is filled with kids who dont even know the difference between ddos and dox. Also i dont give a fuck about this topic in general because i dont plan to do that to anyone ever so like why is it a thing? why is everyone trying so hard to argue? 

I made a few errors explaining myself and theirs nothing more to say. I dont get why you have to create all this drama, be a fucking adult and leave it be. I corrected myself i don't need some immature ass, highschooler correcting me on a topic I major in. 

All this site does attack people. Constantly about dumb shit. I apologized to SO's, I'm trying to be the bigger person by letting this go but all you fucking do is keep this shit going. Instead of being an insecure child, keep your opinions to yourself. 

Edited by *star*

Just now, *star* said:

i dont have the ability to dos because I dont want too and also my dad works for the NSA so most of the shit i do on the internet is monitored plus my computer in general is monitored. 

Why are you taking this so seriously lol i said it in a way thats hard to understand but dude believe me, im a fucking computer science major i know how to dos someone and i know what you need to do to get information from a server.

Equipment as in software programs, ect. Either way i shouldn't have to explain myself anyways. I dont plan on dossing the server anytime soon so why the fuck does it matter? 

Plus i literally just said i was wrong about the admin thing, It just depends on if you're being attacked by a little kid trying to be funny or a real fucking black hat, but because the server doesnt have much data that matters, that probably wont happen. Its also gmod, lol. 

This year will be my 3rd year of being an invitee to the Black Hat Convention in Las Vegas, like i said i know what im saying i just dont give a fuck to explain myself because most of this site is filled with kids who dont even know the difference between ddos and dox. Also i dont give a fuck about this topic in general because i dont plan to do that to anyone ever so like why is it a thing? why is everyone trying so hard to argue? 

I made a few errors explaining myself and theirs nothing more to say. I dont get why you have to create all this drama, be a fucking adult and leave it be. I corrected myself i don't need some fucking broke ass, jobless ass, immature ass, highschooler correcting me on a topic I major in. 

All you do is attack people. Constantly about dumb shit. I apologized to SO's, I'm trying to be the bigger person by letting this go but all you fucking do is keep this shit going. Instead of being an insecure child, keep your opinions to yourself. 

Yeah, and my dad works for Valve.

1 hour ago, Cman said:

Never EVER claimed that admins can change the result of a ddos, i corrected myself. But since you seem to like to create drama, you can think i said that all you want, my guy

Just now, *star* said:

I'm trying to be the bigger person by letting this go but all you fucking do is keep this shit going.

You could be the bigger person and just ignore everyone replying, but instead you keep going and contradicting yourself lol.

Just now, October said:

You could be the bigger person and just ignore everyone replying, but instead you keep going and contradicting yourself lol.

Explaining myself and correcting my mistakes in typing is not contradicting myself, im not gunna sit here and watch people walk all over me for a mistake i made that i can correct. 

Just now, *star* said:

Explaining myself and correcting my mistakes in typing is not contradicting myself, im not gunna sit here and watch people walk all over me for a mistake i made that i can correct. 

I guess a parent of the NSA can't teach their own child to type words correctly either. Should've picked Valve.

Just now, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

So these are the type of people who inhabit the vanilla servers. The average intelligence of that sever is so much lower than the old custom one, shame.

WELCOME TO NEW TTT VANILLA!

Just now, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

So these are the type of people who inhabit the vanilla servers. The average intelligence of that sever is so much lower than the old custom one, shame.

Such a shame that you judge an entire server by one person making a mistake that they corrected. Shame you're a judgmental asshole. 

Just now, *star* said:

You say you never claimed something, but then say you corrected yourself. Do you understand the definition of contradiction? If not here is it, 

noun

a combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another.

Just now, October said:

I guess a parent of the NSA can't teach their own child to type words correctly either. Should've picked Valve.

Oh so now you have nothing else to pick on me with so you attack the fact that i dont give two shits about typing this bullshit? I know you're insecure, its ok. Just instead of attacking people on the internet you should probably find some help. 

Just now, October said:

Wasn't too bad when it first came around, but eventually got taken over by retards,kids, idiot SOs.

Just now, *star* said:

Such a shame that you judge an entire server by one person making a mistake that they corrected. Shame you're a judgmental asshole. 

"everything i say is a meme."