Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ordinarygamer96

Fallout 4 Finally happening!

From the HTML source 

PA system failure has occured.

Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes. 

Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day.

Some people also found that the timer is called institute.js so it looks like we're going to the commonwealth in Massachusetts

Hmm... Wasn't the masterbrain in one of the offshoot games? There where talks in the main numbered games but never the full story. Something along the lines that the vaults are experiments and all the data was uploaded to the masterbrain.

Hmm... Wasn't the masterbrain in one of the offshoot games? There where talks in the main numbered games but never the full story. Something along the lines that the vaults are experiments and all the data was uploaded to the masterbrain.

I'm not sure but I want to say that the master brain was a supercomputer made but MIT or in fallout "the institute". I could he wrong tho. The amount of fallout lore concerning Boston is really large so they are going to have a really rich setting for the game. This also means we will likely encounter the Washington brotherhood of steel again as well as three dog (the voice actor said he's in the game.)

Also the androids of fallout 3 were from here so they'll probably be a standard enemy.

Canada is gonna be a dlc calling it now

There was a masterbrain controlling all the robots in fallout 3 at the vault tec headquartes

No sir, just a co-op, maybe a minigame, can't be a loner in a wasteland for forever

Co-op would leave out the story and discussion aspects of the game while a minigame is just a waste of resources. 

Hear me out, New Vegas was the last fallout and it wasn't up to par with 3, too much of the same. Throwing in a brother or sister dynamic may give the game more depth in character than you being just a random stranger or a random vault kid.

Hear me out, New Vegas was the last fallout and it wasn't up to par with 3, too much of the same. Throwing in a brother or sister dynamic may give the game more depth in character than you being just a random stranger or a random vault kid.

It wasn't as good because it was a different developer. And a brother sister dynamic dosen't work because you design your character and don't have a voice. And the point of the game is that you create your characters history and story through dialogue they try to avoid forcing canon on your character more than they need to

I just thought it would work well with the karma of the game, both of you could be completely independent of each other, but at the end your actions decide your fate and only one sibling could live.

I just thought it would work well with the karma of the game, both of you could be completely independent of each other, but at the end your actions decide your fate and only one sibling could live.

That would require the mechanics to cater to coop when the game's audience is heavily single player. Fallout is the most anticipated game of the year it dosen't need to reinvent itself

Co-op would leave out the story and discussion aspects of the game while a minigame is just a waste of resources. 

No, stop saying this.

Co-op is not the same as online multiplayer. Co-op means you can play with a friend, maybe 2, and explore the wasteland together. You still have all the same story, all the same environment, only you can CHOOSE to enjoy it with a friend if you so desire. The only mechanic that needs to change is your ability to freeze time with the Pip-boy - Just make the Pip-boy not eat up your entire screen, only part, and make players choose when it is safe to use it.

That would require the mechanics to cater to coop when the game's audience is heavily single player. Fallout is the most anticipated game of the year it dosen't need to reinvent itself

Fuck no, I don't want fucking Call of Duty: Wasteland Exploration. Fallout 3 is a complete reinvention from Fallout 2, and the game absolutely does need to continue to evolve to be a good game.

Its just an interesting idea, honestly like maybe even though you make your own character, the choices you do make set you both on different paths that will finally be crossed at the end, but neither of you have any idea that you're the good or the bad guy

I liked Fallout 3 immensely.

If it's not broken don't fix it. They could have the exact same concept and mechanics and I'd be fine with it. Just change the maps, quests, and enemies and I'm good to go for Fallout 4. Bethesda has a good thing going for them, don't mess it up by pulling a Facebook.

No, stop saying this.

Co-op is not the same as online multiplayer. Co-op means you can play with a friend, maybe 2, and explore the wasteland together. You still have all the same story, all the same environment, only you can CHOOSE to enjoy it with a friend if you so desire. The only mechanic that needs to change is your ability to freeze time with the Pip-boy - Just make the Pip-boy not eat up your entire screen, only part, and make players choose when it is safe to use it.

Fuck no, I don't want fucking Call of Duty: Wasteland Exploration. Fallout 3 is a complete reinvention from Fallout 2, and the game absolutely does need to continue to evolve to be a good game.

Im not saying dont evolve and add features. Just don't try to transform the game to cater to a new audience instead of spending those resources on making the game best for the one that has it. A major part of fallout is the consequences of conversations and that would be hard to handle in a coop game. Maybe just adding the ability to explore yes in coop but it wouldn't be fallout just two people walking around the fallout world. A free roam mode would be fine because that's easy to implement i just don't want the game to lose something from being played single player

Im not saying dont evolve and add features. Just don't try to transform the game to cater to a new audience instead of spending those resources on making the game best for the one that has it. A major part of fallout is the consequences of conversations and that would be hard to handle in a coop game. Maybe just adding the ability to explore yes in coop but it wouldn't be fallout just two people walking around the fallout world. A free roam mode would be fine because that's easy to implement i just don't want the game to lose something from being played single player

Conversations could be handled like SWTOR while in a party and work out fine. And again, this detracts nothing from single player, only offers a new option to those inclined to use it.

Conversations could be handled like SWTOR while in a party and work out fine. And again, this detracts nothing from single player, only offers a new option to those inclined to use it.

It probably would work well like that but I still think Bethesda considers itself primarily single player especially with the rough reception of ESO

To be honest I think Fallout 4 will not live to the hype. It won't be anything new or crazy or revolutionary. Sure im pretty sure itll be a good game but still, Bethesda waited waaaay too long and the community is probably expecting something game changing. Like yaoi

To be honest I think Fallout 4 will not live to the hype. It won't be anything new or crazy or revolutionary. Sure im pretty sure itll be a good game but still, Bethesda waited waaaay too long and the community is probably expecting something game changing. Like yaoi

yaoi

yaoi

yaoi

ayylmao