Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Ross Zombie

D&D

8 players tops, if we could use Skype or tiny chat with team speak. If you don't have a chracter Google a premade one so we can roll right into it.

Best way to learn is to just watch

Disclaimer, I don't know 5E well, only 4E. Probably not a good idea to have me DM in 5E.

Disclaimer, I don't know 5E well, only 4E. Probably not a good idea to have me DM in 5E.

There are more resources out there for 4e then 5e. I will play either or since we need someone familiar to be DM to teach everyone. Not many differences I've been told

THIS WILL BE TIME CONSUMING SO PLAN TO BE PLAYING FOR 3-4 HOURS MINIMUM.

There are more resources out there for 4e then 5e. I will play either or since we need someone familiar to be DM to teach everyone. Not many differences I've been told

So someone's gonna teach us how to play!??!?! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well I played Battlestar Galatica for 6 hours+, I should be fine for the most part.

I'm gonna make Name earn this game.

Edit: What median are we playing on? I assume everyone doesn't have Tabletop Simulator :P

I've only played 3.5, pathfinder, starwars and a homemade system with elements of 4th edition and pathfinder. I've seen a fair amount of DMs and I'd have to say the ones who are truly good at storytelling and reacting to what the players do are the best. From my experience they can make up for some of the best sessions if you have the right players and do the campaign sessions in person Online helps but is not the same as the DM or players cannot sell body language for actions. Even a simple birdy given to the DM after something bad happens to them is classic.

But if you guys do this, good luck and have fun.

Storytime of my first campaign of playing DnD and within maybe the second or third session.

Gnome Barbarian equipped with a custom great hammer called Hammer of Impact. In short, the thing was op as fuck but it created hilarious situations. Crit range 19-20 (x3 multiplier as normal, might of been x2) and did not have to confirm the crit. The special effect is that the force of the impact given to pending object/monster would be deadly as implied it would create a massive impact. Almost everyone in the group was new to the DnD and it was a fairly large group, around 6 to 7, so mad props have to be given to the DM who also never DM'd before.

I mentioned objects for a reason, my gnome loved bells and hitting them was a joy. Think of a townhall/church with one of those large ass bells up high in it. So my gnome saw this and wanted to ring the sucker and instead of going into the building and going up the stairs to it. He climbed the outside walls of the building. Like a boss he reached the bell and was presented with the problem with no way to ring the bell as the rope to ring it was below. Told my DM, "Nonsense, I'm ringing this bell with my hammer" and preceded to roll to hit the bell. Needless to say I got a nat20 and ballparked a bell that was probably 3 to 5 times the size of my gnome into the walls surrounding the city. The reaction of my DM's face was classic as he did not plan on this event.

Since then, he was wary of bells with my character or would involve something related to them. Somehow managed during combat to get stuck in a giant bell that fell on top of my gnome. I think I somehow managed to either lift or hit the bell off me and hit the bad guy who had dropped it on me from above.

Roll20.net

I predict this to end with everyone getting involved, getting through the character creation process, getting frustrated, and quitting, because this is sG. I had better still get my game.

All players need to make a Roll20 account and start making a character. I have a homebrewed character sheet if anyone wants to use it, just PM me for a download. It's an OpenOffice spreadsheet, so the formatting only works with OpenOffice, not Excel - But it fills in a lot of the information for you.

PM me with any questions you might have.

We'll be starting Saturday at noon central time. Current player list is:

1. B-cock

2. Ghost

3. Beerman

4. Mark from Facebook

5. Swed Kowai

Limiting to 5 players to maintain sanity. Please contact me if you want in. First come first serve.

Name is raiding in WoW right now. Waiting for him to be done to tell us what game we're playing. I only have minimal pathfinder experience.

If anyone else is interested in playing, but didn't get to me in time - I will take down names and start a backups list. I'm pretty sure at least 1 or 2 people will quit out on me, as people are wont to do with DND, so replacements will probably be needed.

I'll be in Teamspeak all night tonight and tomorrow.

Limiting to 5 players to maintain sanity. Please contact me if you want in. First come first serve.

What are you?  A momma's boy that can't handle it? Would you like a bottle or do you prefer it straight from the teet?

Last nights character creation went amazingly well. I for one am estatic to get started tomorrow. It's a gonna be a hoot

Also Im excited to see what Mark comes up with with his character?

What are you?  A momma's boy that can't handle it? Would you like a bottle or do you prefer it straight from the teet?

i roll an endurance check against your intimidate