Sign in to follow this  
HCMikey

Automatic Crusader's wish and Extended Mag

Since we already have !spendskills_always, !spendskills_never, and !respawn_spawn, why don't we streamline the process and also add some sort of !autobuywish command to make things less tedious. At this point, crusaders wish is a must and basically everyone on the server has a bind for it. This can be extended to other popular shopmenu items that tend to be purchased every round for certain types of races, for example,  extended mag for pistol races like shadow lurker.

I propose:

!autobuywish_always = always buy crusaders wish at the start of the round, regardless of race type

!autobuywish_guns = only buy crusaders wish at the start of the round if you're on a gun race and the item isn't restricted on the race you're playing

!autobuywish_knife = only buy crusaders wish at the start of the round if you're on a knife race and the item isn't restricted on the race you're playing

!autobuywish_never = never automatically buy crusaders wish at the start of the round.

!autobuymag_always = always buy extended mag on round start, regardless of race type

!autobuymag_pistol = always buy extended mag on round start for pistol races only

!autobuymag_never = never buy extended mag on round start

Edited by HornyCat

best idea 2015 but it is important to make it not rebuy on races that spawn with guns that can still buy wish (e.g. steve master of war) because it glitches his weapons sometimes

Edited by Face

best idea 2015 but it is important to make it not rebuy on races that spawn with guns that can still buy wish (e.g. steve master of war) because it glitches his weapons sometimes

Maybe there is a way to cancel out the script in the select races with this ability, if so this would be a great idea.

I don't think this should be implemented for clip extenders etc, but Wish would be perfect. The odd round where I forget to purchase one makes me want to destroy my office. 

Round 2 with $3400 would make this put me at $2400. Sometimes I'm a baddie and buy pistols on both rounds without getting any kills and where I'd normally end up with ~$3000ish on round 3, I'd be at $2000.  This would need to be circumvented.

I think this will be nice for newer players as well so they don't have to make a bind for this game mode specifically. Seems like this would be a lot of work for all the circumstantial situations, I wouldn't want it bought until round 3 most of the time. I think it would be nice if you could tell it what round you wanted it to start buying on.

Or we can just copy what CE does for weapons.

I just think a goal for this year should be making this as newb friendly as possible, less key binds and less referencing outside of the game for chat commands.

naaaaaaaaaah. its just like buying TP scrolls in dota. takes no time, but if u forget, u can get fucked.  we give out so much god damn cash, crusaders shouldn't even be needed to still have a gun every single round. 

buying a crusaders every round is a fucking tradition! I like automating stuff, but I dont think shopmenu items should fall under that category. 

Round 2 with $3400 would make this put me at $2400. Sometimes I'm a baddie and buy pistols on both rounds without getting any kills and where I'd normally end up with ~$3000ish on round 3, I'd be at $2000.  This would need to be circumvented.

I didn't take this into consideration actually. Maybe not the best idea to have this automated, unless there was a way for individual players to 'okay' it on joining the server. 

I didn't take this into consideration actually. Maybe not the best idea to have this automated, unless there was a way for individual players to 'okay' it on joining the server. 

The same way certain races spawn with guns in the third round is the same way !autobuywish should work. Just apply it after the start if the third round.

naaaaaaaaaah. its just like buying TP scrolls in dota. takes no time, but if u forget, u can get fucked.  we give out so much god damn cash, crusaders shouldn't even be needed to still have a gun every single round.

This isn't a MOBA, this is an fps game. If you're telling me to manage my resources like in Dota, then you so wrong. You accept that fact when you play MOBA games because that is what they are. You can not extend this to an FPS game, it doesn't work like that. And are you implicitly saying to take crusaders wish off the server due to the privilege of admin's giving out cash?

This kills the server.

buying a crusaders every round is a fucking tradition! I like automating stuff, but I dont think shopmenu items should fall under that category.

You said it yourself. At this point, is crusader's wish really a shopmenu item any more? I don't even consider it a shopmenu item anymore because it's so damn integrated into our server. This simple implementation of an autobuywish command get's rid of the tediousness that newcomers and oldfags of wcs have to experience every round. This one little thing alleviates so many headaches and helps people get closer to the core gameplay of counterstrike rather than having to worry about a 1k item.

Edited by HornyCat

The same way certain races spawn with guns in the third round is the same way !autobuywish should work. Just apply it after the start if the third round.

No but this could cause problems if people are trying to smart buy their gear in rounds, also if you're hard saving for tomes etc... Thinking about it, seems like it'd be more of a hassle than anything! 

No but this could cause problems if people are trying to smart buy their gear in rounds, also if you're hard saving for tomes etc... Thinking about it, seems like it'd be more of a hassle than anything! 

This is not forced on you. It will remain an option that can be turned off or on whenever you want through console or chat. When you enable this option, you acknowledge that you will buy crusaders wish before tomes and basically anything else. A race that is able to wield a gun should always have a gun every round after the third round, even if you are hard saving for tomes (Hard saving for tomes is actually a pretty stupid thing people do, but to each his own).

You can either buy a tome when you hard save and wait till the end of the round and in that time from round end to round start, you can buy crusaders wish. Or you can buy crusaders wish and at round end, buy a tome before the next round starts.

Edited by HornyCat

This is not forced on you. It will remain an option that can be turned off whenever you want through console or chat. When you enable this option, you acknowledge that you will buy crusaders wish before tomes and basically anything else. A race that is able to wield a gun should always have a gun every round after the third round, even if you are hard saving for tomes (Hard saving for tomes is actually a pretty stupid thing people do, but to each his own).

You can either buy a tome when you hard save and wait till the end of the round and in that time from round end to round start, you can buy crusaders wish. Or you can buy crusaders wish and at round end, buy a tome before the next round starts.

Touche, if that is possible then this would still be a great idea. 

Would not use... but hey if it gets your testies tingling and someone wants to implement it then by all means do it :D

Pipe down you, you ditched us! :P

I don't always agree with skitt but this time I do. I don't think there is a need to further increase the laziness of an individual. If you got it bound to a key it sort of already automatic.

If we could possibly add a notification that someone forgot to buy a wish this round that activates if they bought one on the previous round but not this one, that'd be pcool.

I think something like this is needed if we want to expand our war3 player base. Having all these commands that you have to type in along with the navigating and such can be a real burden on new players, let's be honest here, its all optional and doesn't take any microskill or anything like that. Just depends where the engineers want to go with all of this.

If we could possibly add a notification that someone forgot to buy a wish this round that activates if they bought one on the previous round but not this one, that'd be pcool.

Basically this. Hornycat's pov is customer only imo.

The real question is what issue is occurring.

It looks like he wants to not have to worry about forgetting to buy one of these items.

So I agree with Swed, only problem I can see is that it may increase load on the server depending on how much customization is added to promote these items. If it's on and off that's pretty simple. Otherwise that's a bit of testing.

I think something like this is needed if we want to expand our war3 player base. Having all these commands that you have to type in along with the navigating and such can be a real burden on new players, let's be honest here, its all optional and doesn't take any microskill or anything like that. Just depends where the engineers want to go with all of this.

Imo best option here may not be the easiest. I'd think creating an account here and by linking it to your steam account you could apply all the settings you want through a menu to give yourself an auto-hotkey ingame.

Either that or spending the effort to create a more intuitive menu system.

Sure, we give out so much cash with those 18 round cash cooldowns.

Imo best option here may not be the easiest. I'd think creating an account here and by linking it to your steam account you could apply all the settings you want through a menu to give yourself an auto-hotkey ingame.

There is no best option. We don't need to decide this like if it's a life and death situation. Are we forgetting that?

We give the option to the user, whether they want to use it or not, that's up to them. Everyone in this thread is arguing the point as if it will affect them negatively when in fact it's not, because it's just an option. I keep repeating myself.

I can guarantee you if it's implemented correctly and not butchered that it will get a hell of a lot more use than fucking !spendskills_always and !spendskills_never and all the other sm_cookie commands I didn't mention.

Would not use... but hey if it gets your testies tingling and someone wants to implement it then by all means do it :D

Finally someone who gets it.

The best option IMO is a buy always and buy never command such as the !autobuywish_always and !autobuywish_never

This allows the player to bind a key as such:

alias "tomebuy1" "say !autobuywish_always; bind KP_MINUS tomebuy2"
alias "tomebuy2" "say !autobuywish_never; bind KP_MINUS tomebuy1"
bind KP_MINUS tomebuy1

This allows players to press a key to turn auto purchases on and off and eliminates essentially all issues related to guns etc, as it is a toggle autobuy key.
Less coding, lots of utility, up to the player to toggle on and off when needed.
Edited by Face

hey so gunna ask my question here since this thread is basically on the topic im interested in..

so two nights i was playing on war3 and i was bitching about how i forgot to buy a wish (im pretty good about always doing so but there are those times) anyways some low level kid...i guess im low level too but this kid looked like he had only played a day or so.. hes all like just put the auto buy wish command in. thought he was joking at first so i put in what he said.. surprisingly enough it auto bought a wish every round. then i went to bed and forgot all about it.. was playing again today and tried soo many times to guess the command to no luck. asked many people and they had never heard of such a thing, tho they were excited about it and wanted me to tell them if i ever figure it out again.. anyways came on here to seek the wisdom of the forums and i found this thread... i am beyond confuse since i know the auto buy command worked however this thread leads me to believe there is no auytobuy. i guess my question is. is there an auto buy and what is the command for it. if there isnt an auto buy then.....well lol it needs to be added 

if it doesnt exsist (yet) face has the absolut best solution right here for it!

The best option IMO is a buy always and buy never command such as the !autobuywish_always and !autobuywish_never

This allows the player to bind a key as such:

alias "tomebuy1" "say !autobuywish_always; bind KP_MINUS tomebuy2"
alias "tomebuy2" "say !autobuywish_never; bind KP_MINUS tomebuy1"
bind KP_MINUS tomebuy1

This allows players to press a key to turn auto purchases on and off and eliminates essentially all issues related to guns etc, as it is a toggle autobuy key.
Less coding, lots of utility, up to the player to toggle on and off when needed.

ADHD version: is there an auto buy? what is the command for it? if there isnt... pls add one!!!

Edited by badbie