Sign in to follow this  
Serif The Sheriff

Savage Evasion

Serif has got to be the whiniest warcraft player we've had in a very long time. Be happy Savage isn't what it used to be. I can't imagine how much butthurt there would be if we still allowed persistent velocity across hops.

Play a race with trueshot, ez win. 

Serif has got to be the whiniest warcraft player we've had in a very long time. Be happy Savage isn't what it used to be. I can't imagine how much butthurt there would be if we still allowed persistent velocity across hops.

Pretty much this. It used to be able to 1shot anyone with 100hp add that with ice totem which is a nice fuck you in your face for any roots/slow/bash and the evasion proc'd more. I think I'm at like 67-68% evasion at the moment and would be shit on against a wisp's evasion.

The only counter to evasion was shotguns due to individual proc rates per pellet but the expertise had damage negation thus making that useless. From what I heard, early version of savage on wcs had the ability to get over a 1000 hp as well.

If you think I am whiny, be lucky some of the other people on the server don't have forum accounts. And I wasn't trying to be whiny about this, just saying it seems a little OP especially when other races are considered OP for lesser reasons. For example, and this could be a bad example, I tried to submit a NE expertise where it got up to 5-10% extra evasion, just a small little boost to what it already had since it has the second lowest of any race, and everyone freaked out and said it would be way too OP and NE didn't need any extra evasion because it already had strong enough evasion, and there were a hundred other reasons why NE shouldn't get any sort of buff to evasion or any of it's other skills because it's way too strong as is. So in my head, when adding an expertise for NE where it allows it to get up to 25 or 30% evasion is way too strong, then having an expertise for Savage where it gets 70% evasion is kind of dumb. Now I understand NE is a gun race and Savage is a knife race so things work a little differently for the two races, and I know that NE has a strong combination of skills (Although since NE's entangle has been fixed so it doesn't jack up peoples aim it's not as strong as it has been), but I always thought it was a little too much for Savage to have 60% when it also has LJ and high damage. But apparently most of you guys think it's fine so I'll leave it alone.

But again, forgive me if I seem whiny Skitt, but I happen to enjoy playing on the sG server and for the most part I like the sG community and since I used to help run a WCS server when I see things on this server that I think are unbalanced, or when a change is made that I don't think should have been made, I am going to say something about it, especially when there are a lot of people in server who feel the same way. So I would suggest finding a way to deal with it because there is a chance it may not stop any time soon lol

so... default?

Hey man, i come off as probably one of the biggest assholes around here. As far as the forums go. Complaining is the only way shit gets done, so I admire what your doing. Some shit I find extremely ridiculous, some isn't all too farfetched and sound like a decent idea. I believe savage was given this (half)expertise because that is what it was on wcs1. However, on our current wc3 server, we tried to make shit a bit more nerfed than they used to be. The whole bunnyhopping thing is kinda a big deal for knife races. Some knife races even recieved buffs to what they used to be because of this. However, in savage's case, we even took out damage reduction that it used to have because Savage was quite powerful. (Along with damage nerf!) I think the state Savage is currently in is fine. 

That being said, evasion piercing needs to be more prevalent in races. 

Yeah honestly, read my title. It says NERF KING. If you think I haven't nerfed savage from it's original wcs form then you're sorely mistaken. No race has escaped the wrath of my nerf hammer. Not even night elf, human alliance, etc... they all have been nerfed from the original.

So yeah...

Hey man, i come off as probably one of the biggest assholes around here. As far as the forums go. Complaining is the only way shit gets done, so I admire what your doing. Some shit I find extremely ridiculous, some isn't all too farfetched and sound like a decent idea. I believe savage was given this (half)expertise because that is what it was on wcs1. However, on our current wc3 server, we tried to make shit a bit more nerfed than they used to be. The whole bunnyhopping thing is kinda a big deal for knife races. Some knife races even recieved buffs to what they used to be because of this. However, in savage's case, we even took out damage reduction that it used to have because Savage was quite powerful. (Along with damage nerf!) I think the state Savage is currently in is fine. 

That being said, evasion piercing needs to be more prevalent in races. 

I wasn't aware of all the things that were taken off of Savage to put it down to what it was. I still think 70% is a little high since there are few races that can shred through evade, but knowing how much stronger the race used to be I understand why the evasion is so high.