Sign in to follow this  
dMech69

Dolls removed until vents can be fixed

That's why you're a newbie, and are an epic troll.   Clearly you've not played the game.

I mean I just don't go in the vents cause I always get knifed.  I was being serious.  And I am a newbie sort of, 1100 total level

It's also a good thing you'll have social security to fall back on, since you're not a usefull member of society.   Nor ever will be.

Why do you attack me as a person when I simply ask a question. It makes you seem very insecure.

Edited by Face

It's also a good thing you'll have social security to fall back on, since you're not a usefull member of society. Nor ever will be.

Relax bud. Its Warcraft.

To give it some background, he got very angry about the vents in-game earlier. I asked what was wrong with the vents and he responded with some non-answer, e.g. "the vents are bullshit," "they are obviously broken idiot," and various other things like that.

I legitimately never heard an actual reason given for what is wrong with the vents (I heard something like you get stuck in them, but I don't know what that means...).

I've played the map maybe 10 times and after getting physically abused by pug, knifemaster, and others in the vents I simply stopped going to them.

After he was so easily flustered, it was very fun/easy to mess with him. However he never fleshed out an actual argument for why the vents are broken. He focused on things like how he pays a lot of taxes and how I am most likely a burden on society, etc.

If I received an actual response for why they were broken/bullshit instead of various insults I wouldn't have messed with him. i was civil the entire time but he did not enjoy me questioning his assessment of the vents and the map.

It would be so easy to fix this by resizing the trigger_push so it's no longer under the glass and putting water at the bottom so you can safely drop down there. Someone get the source from Mimic and fix it.

It would be so easy to fix this by resizing the trigger_push so it's no longer under the glass and putting water at the bottom so you can safely drop down there. Someone get the source from Mimic and fix it.

True true... I guess I'll give it a go if no one else does...

It's isn't just low grav that causes the vents to fail though. Even with low grav I never get stuck in the vent that takes you up above the door, but the back vent that just leads you to the second level of the vent I rarely see people not get stuck in even if they don't have low grav. Trying to go up the back vent gets people stuck the most since it's meant for you to go down, but I occasionally have tried to go down it without having low grav and have gotten stuck.

Why do you attack me as a person when I simply ask a question. It makes you seem very insecure.

Keep in mind you're a newbie, he is not, and the people who play on the server and aren't new to it deal with the same problems constantly and eventually people just get sick of it and when you question why they have a problem with something that you don't understand or think is a big deal it's just going to aggravate them even more.

It's isn't just low grav that causes the vents to fail though. Even with low grav I never get stuck in the vent that takes you up above the door, but the back vent that just leads you to the second level of the vent I rarely see people not get stuck in even if they don't have low grav. Trying to go up the back vent gets people stuck the most since it's meant for you to go down, but I occasionally have tried to go down it without having low grav and have gotten stuck.

You can't get stuck in the back vent with normal gravity... It's the reduced gravity that breaks the vent for you. The trigger push that's meant to just slow you down so you don't die jumping down actually is strong enough to keep lifting you against the glass and get you stuck to the roof if you have low gravity. It's the camera of csgo and how it is affected by push that makes you look like you are floating above the exit hole...

Also removed the error model.. Apparently there was a pipe coming from the roof going under the platform which wasn't in the map file.

a0XNfTP.jpg

ALSO Why did I never realize there were those big ass sG banners on the walls? :P

Edit should I fix the vending machines to give a deagle or nade @ random? Or leave them broken?

Edited by xmen

They just gave smokes and flashes in CS:S I think. But whatever you want.

Nah they did spawn deagles and he nades too :P

There still are he nade, deagle and flashbang templates in the ct spawn vending machine ;)

guess I'll remove them too

Edited by xmen

IIRC trucka or one of his goonies were the ones to port it over on my request.