Sign in to follow this  
Ordinarygamer96

Jailbreak event idea

So recently I realized that despite the name you don't actually do a jailbreak in the game. You can break out of your cell and kill the guards but you never actually escape the prison. So I thought about it and thought "what if the prisoners do have a chance to escape? " and the idea for this event was born. What we could do and by we I mean the loyal mappers of sg, is to make a totally new map where the idea isn't to play games or rebel it's to bust out. There could be ways hidden to both the ts and cts that would allow the ts to escape. It would have to be difficult and take some time. With brainwork involved. The guards job would be to watch from the corners of the map (like guards actually watching the wall) and try to prevent ts from performing the escape but not by just killing them. I'm thinking unless the ts get violent the guards can just tase them and the T gets re spawned in a hard To escape cell that would be like a puzzle to get out. multiple ways for the ts to escape and the more ts that take a specific escape rout the more ways the prize gets divided between them. T's have to balance the need for help with challenges with the desire to keep more of the prize. Maybe the mappers can even fit In a way the ts can turn on eachother. I think this would be very hard to do and take alot of the mappers time but it would be very fun and original

Edited by Ordinarygamer96

That sounds like a completely different gamemode rather than a new map. A jailbreak is implied when there are no longer any guards too. No guards = prisoners escaping prison. Are you envisioning some type of backwards zombie escape?

Edited by Beerman

It could just be a very large map. That's basically what jb is. A map with things added to it such as games. I'm just suggesting making an extra large map in which instead of games the maker puts methods of escape. Escape the prison win a prize. I'm sure it would work without changing the jb mode too much. Simply requires a special map. And I just intend for this to be an event not a permanent additiona to the map list. There are already things like this in normal jb such as vents. Imagine this. One exit requires a door to be unlocked by the ts. It requires a code. Code is on the wall in the wardens office. T's need to sneak in and get the code. Cts don't know about the code in there but they are watching the ts so have an eye on the office. One t distracts try cts while other ts go in and get code. I'm thinking of simple things like that which would be easy to do and far from creating a whole new mode

This is actually a pretty cool idea.

Think of it like a big JB map with multiple games, all linked together.  The T's do things like climb, find the code, maze, and sniper escape, all in one...

It would take quite a bit of work for a mapper, but it's a great idea, I wonder if there is even a way to randomize a code, and have it printed somewhere in the map (so the printed version updates with each round / map iteration).

Something to think about, anyway.

Yeah I wasn't being literal with a new gamemode. I'm all for events, but this is an idea which on paper seems fine but you'd have to work hard to make it practical, playable, and fun. Keep thinking and try to get in contact with our mappers and see if they are on the same page as you.

Doesn't seem like an event seems more like a new gamemode/map like beerman said. I'm all for it if someone makes it.

Doesn't seem like an event seems more like a new gamemode/map like beerman said. I'm all for it if someone makes it.

The simple fact that it would require a new map makes it hard to become a new mode. Besides the point Is Noone knows the secrets because it's like a one time deal thing. I'm thinking if someone is willing every month or so we can have a night where we do this on a new map. It would mostly just use stuff already made for jb maps but in a new way. We already have locked doors with codes on canyon etc

It could just be a very large map. That's basically what jb is. A map with things added to it such as games. I'm just suggesting making an extra large map in which instead of games the maker puts methods of escape. Escape the prison win a prize. I'm sure it would work without changing the jb mode too much. Simply requires a special map. And I just intend for this to be an event not a permanent additiona to the map list. There are already things like this in normal jb such as vents. Imagine this. One exit requires a door to be unlocked by the ts. It requires a code. Code is on the wall in the wardens office. T's need to sneak in and get the code. Cts don't know about the code in there but they are watching the ts so have an eye on the office. One t distracts try cts while other ts go in and get code. I'm thinking of simple things like that which would be easy to do and far from creating a whole new mode

the fuck is this

you need to think in terms of gameplay not shit that would look cool in a lets play

the fuck is this

you need to think in terms of gameplay not shit that would look cool in a lets play

People already think it's a good idea. I put this here so the mappers could think about it and people could contribute ideas. I didn't claim to invent an entire new game in the span of the 10 minutes I thought about this before I posted. I just found it to be a cool idea I had Edited by Ordinarygamer96

well good luck learning how to make maps for a 10 year old engine i guess

Did you come here just to try to make the idea seem dumb when everyone else is trying to contribute ideas? Never even said id make the map said in the original post that would be any willing mappers job

no

okay maybe

Don't just troll help think of ideas. This would be tough to pull of but its more than possible and im sure the mappers would have a great time thinking of secrets for the map. Gameplay wise we just need to be able to make it fun for the duration of the event. The novelty alone would attract people. Think of it as a mix of normal jailbreak and a mystery game

This is actually a pretty cool idea.

Think of it like a big JB map with multiple games, all linked together.  The T's do things like climb, find the code, maze, and sniper escape, all in one...

It would take quite a bit of work for a mapper, but it's a great idea, I wonder if there is even a way to randomize a code, and have it printed somewhere in the map (so the printed version updates with each round / map iteration).

Something to think about, anyway.

There is definantly a way to randomize  a code and even scatter it throughout a map

Why not make it even more complicated! How about if Ts win the round then the next round will turn into "escape mode"

Anyone got any idea how to do that? What entities carry across rounds? And what do you use to determine who wins? All I know how to do is randomize on map spawn ;)

Edited by xmen

Anyone got any idea how to do that? What entities carry across rounds? And what do you use to determine who wins? All I know how to do is randomize on map spawn ;)

idk but Hannibal does it on his ZE maps.

func_walls remain disabled or enabled to the following round. Combining that with a physics object falling you can keep state from round to round. I did that on avalanche to only print out the map credits on the first round, though I think I should have made it happen two rounds since the first round is before anybody joins.

There's probably an easier way but that was the hack I used.

How about toggling func brush solidity inside a trigger? How would you count the score? Or the round wins?

To help people out with understanding my vision of this I'll give a demonstration of what I imagine a full escape to look like. The round starts. All the ts exit the cells while the cts are on edges of map looking down from the walls. T's are allowed to wander the center area of prison for "excercise". One t finds a note on a wall with a riddle and an arrow pointing towards a locked door with a coded lock. The answer to the riddle ends up being the wardens office. Office is restricted so the T asks his friends to distract cts which they do by pretending to escape using another method. As the cts are tasing his friends and they are re spawning in "the hole" (think an escapable cell That's like a puzzle) he breaks into the wardens office and gets the code. He uses the code on the door and this sets off an alarm but the cts don't know what set it off. The T makes his way to the wall where there is a pretty difficult climb to get to the top. To get to the buttom outside he has to do some other game like a surf. Once on ground he has to make his way to an escape vehicle (think hosti rescue zone) while the cts on the wall are by now sniping at him but can't follow (sniper escape) voila the T won the round. Now In my vision. That would be just like 1 way of around 4 the ts can escape.