Sign in to follow this  
Ordinarygamer96

Jailbreak event idea

The thing with that is the cts have nothing to do except camp the planned out escape scenarios and will just freekill

we can fit in prison guard activities such as cell searches etc. Like the cts can go down to check certain things out but there would be way more ts than cts so they wouldn't want to go down. Plus if we did do this I'd think it would be a time many admins are on to watch. Plus the cts won't know the escape ways and neither will the ts. The mappers don't tell anyone Edited by Ordinarygamer96

Just so you know your idea seems pretty fun and it is worth a try. I just don't see any mappers willing to spend their time and accomplishing your fruition into reality. I could be wrong on that though. 

Just so you know your idea seems pretty fun and it is worth a try. I just don't see any mappers willing to spend their time and accomplishing your fruition into reality. I could be wrong on that though.

Ya you're probably right but hey sometime in the future a mapper might be bored enough to fuck around with the idea. Might end up with something

That would be a pretty cool map to play. But, if it became more popular than the jb server then it might take all of the dedicated jb players away to this new gamemode. It is a cool idea and if someone could do it that would be awesome, but could it make the older jb server an empty one?

That would be a pretty cool map to play. But, if it became more popular than the jb server then it might take all of the dedicated jb players away to this new gamemode. It is a cool idea and if someone could do it that would be awesome, but could it make the older jb server an empty one?

It's not going to take older jb members. It's meant to be a one time deal on the regular jb server. That's why the thread is called event idea

why not make a map like what has been stated before but instead of having it always be that way or it randomly chooses when to become an escape map, have a secret button somewhere that only ct's can press that turns the next round into the escape. Turn the whole idea into a really cool complex LR.

Of course to protect against trolling i would recommend have the button appear only after a certain period of time, or have the button behind a that wall that will kill anyone who tries to cross it before a certain period of time. 

why not make a map like what has been stated before but instead of having it always be that way or it randomly chooses when to become an escape map, have a secret button somewhere that only ct's can press that turns the next round into the escape. Turn the whole idea into a really cool complex LR.

Of course to protect against trolling i would recommend have the button appear only after a certain period of time, or have the button behind a that wall that will kill anyone who tries to cross it before a certain period of time.

Defeats the neatness of the idea that the cts and ts both don't know how to escape. Plus I want there to be multiple ways to escape

Edited by Ordinarygamer96

Defeats the neatness of the idea that the cts and ts both don't know how to escape. Plus I want there to be multiple ways to escape

how does that defeat the neatness? How you put it you want to make a map for a one time event and then never use it again, my idea would make it so we could play it over and over with the normal rules and if at any point people want to retry the escape then they can. 

Also how why would they know how to escape? because they know where the button is? the button is not to escape it's just to start the event. 

how does that defeat the neatness? How you put it you want to make a map for a one time event and then never use it again, my idea would make it so we could play it over and over with the normal rules and if at any point people want to retry the escape then they can.

Also how why would they know how to escape? because they know where the button is? the button is not to escape it's just to start the event.

The point of the map is to be filled with multiple hidden ways to escape. The idea is for it to be like a real prison escape in that the guards aren't aware which ts actively have found a way and they have to keep on eye on many different groups and areas. The level of complication it needs to make each escape method dun means it needs it's own map. Maybe to allow replayability there could be a randomizer that activates certain escapes and makes others harder or impossible.

Edited by Ordinarygamer96

Didn't JFK do this in one of his maps? hmm

Nope. The codes for the password protected doors on all of the maps that I ported are constant and do not change. All I did was give the digits for the password in the vent that leads to the password, which was the numbers in the order you saw them in.

I know it is possible to randomize a code and distribute hints for it throughout a map because zm_atix_apocalypse had something just like this.

I think it's a pretty cool idea, and the maps could be playable outside of an event, just make them a different prefix so we know which are escapes and which aren't.

Towards mappers who are actually considering it - my thought on the easiest way is making the map like a big sniper escape with some vents and stuff, but towers where guards can see those entrances/exits. Inside of the jail walls have all the typical games that you would play in a jailbreak map, for the T's who want to run around playing basketball, climb, etc. 

Those that do make it to the end of the escape (It could even have several ending points that are just portals) could put the T's into a skybox or something that the CT's can't see into, but the T's are free to shoot the guards from there. We could also think of other things as incentives for those that come out first, have records who can get out the fastest, etc. but those would be things that the mappers need not to worry about. Also remember things such as smokes, flashes, and even decoys placed throughout the map would be very helpful in this type of game.

If it is something that sG and mappers are interested in, remember to make it difficult, but possible and provide enough incentive for the T's to try and escape rather than just play games for 10 minutes while the CT's stare at them. Perhaps at a certain time in the game the it is "time for the T's to go back to their cells" and they become kill-on-sight even if not trying to escape, as to end the round. Maybe the mappers have other ideas how to get T's to actually feel the need to try and escape (other than the fact that the map is an escape map...).

Edited by Moose678

Yeah well I used to have a concept for this kind of map called bo_execution bo as in breakout... But I didn't think it was good addition for a jb server + never had the time to move the idea past that...

Edit: And also just so we are clear I aint doing it.. xD

Edited by xmen

32 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Gonna necro because I randomly saw this while looking through old favorite threada and I'm sure we have some new mappers around that might consider the idea 

Your idea kinda reminds me of scary/ horror maps from gmod ( example: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=330596645&searchtext=horror ).

Sure it kinda sounds like a fun and cool idea, but it would take a lot of time to make such a map and it would be kind of a one time only thing. And you don´t really want your map to be played once for one event and then never again. Seeing as you usually want people to play your map and enjoy more than just once. 

1 hour ago, Jodas said:

Your idea kinda reminds me of scary/ horror maps from gmod ( example: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=330596645&searchtext=horror ).

Sure it kinda sounds like a fun and cool idea, but it would take a lot of time to make such a map and it would be kind of a one time only thing. And you don´t really want your map to be played once for one event and then never again. Seeing as you usually want people to play your map and enjoy more than just once. 

Looking back on it I'd imagine the best way to do the map would to look into somehow making the escape routs randomized from a list

23 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Looking back on it I'd imagine the best way to do the map would to look into somehow making the escape routs randomized from a list

I´ll think about doing it if you give me a list with possibilities. I thought of a few myself but that isn´t enough + it would probably take 1 min to beat.

3 minutes ago, Jodas said:

I´ll think about doing it if you give me a list with possibilities. I thought of a few myself but that isn´t enough + it would probably take 1 min to beat.

When I'm done with my midterms this week we can brainstorm maybe