Sign in to follow this  
Illogical

sG unturned server?

So far the few times we've hosted this and gathered on teamspeak it has been a blast and the turn out was pretty good( more and more people keep showing up). The game is free so I'm sure we'd draw more people than we did with our Dayz server seeing as you don't have to pay for the game thats not even finished yet. So far we've had Vexer host it but Time Warner Cable is shit so there have been a number of D/Cs. The other issue is we can't keep it running always like we could if we had an ip to host it at all times. So is sG interested?

I can vouche, fun times were had by all. If we could get more people notified and give it a shot, I think this would be cool, thoguh it might end up like Minecraft server

Yeah but on minecraft you wont get scared and run from zombies and kill all your friends. and hosting with crap internet is annoying so please.

I'll look into sticking a server up, if it's popular, maybe we can keep it, and advertise.  If not, we just dump it, doesn't seem all that hard to set up, if I wasn't going out in 10 min I would do it now

Note: Unfortunately, Patch 2.2.2 broke the dedicated server for Linux.

There is a work around, but it may be easier to wait a day or two for a new patch....

I'll look into sticking a server up, if it's popular, maybe we can keep it, and advertise.  If not, we just dump it, doesn't seem all that hard to set up, if I wasn't going out in 10 min I would do it now

Note: Unfortunately, Patch 2.2.2 broke the dedicated server for Linux.

There is a work around, but it may be easier to wait a day or two for a new patch....

the "linux server" is really just a windows server that you need to run in wine

a number of staff members tried out this game when i hosted a listen server the other day.  i can't speak for all of them, but i personally don't think that this game has enough content to warrant setting up an official sg dedicated server for it.  like every game these days, it is still in early access beta and appears to have potential, but as it stands there is no real way to set up any sort of moderation.  as i understand it the dedicated servers can't be administrated at all, and in listen servers only the host can run commands.

there are a number of other issues i can see causing a problem in having a persistent world, such as cars not respawning and the very limited map size.

i'm intentionally not playing this game again for some time because i do see its' potential, and i don't want to kill it by spending too much time on the unfinished product and tiring of it before the game is even released.

if ctark wants to throw something up for you guys to screw around in so you aren't stuck with vexer's net, that seems reasonable assuming we can spare the resources.

the "linux server" is really just a windows server that you need to run in wine

if ctark wants to throw something up for you guys to screw around in so you aren't stuck with vexer's net, that seems reasonable assuming we can spare the resources.

Ya, what I found said the latest patch broke the dedicated Linux servers, so the only way currently is in wine.  I honestly don't know if I want to use wine to run it.

Finding a home for it on a box is also hard, but assuming it doesn't gobble up resources, should be doable.

Lets give it a few days for a new patch to come out, it looks like 2.2.2 was leading up to steam server support, so I'm still hopeful!

I can see this being pretty fun for awhile. PvP servers are pretty fun in this game.

The beauty of it is that it's got that dayz style without the serious consequences. when someone picks u off across the street you just laugh and start over. When the same shit happens in dayz you get mad and rage quit because it took you like 4 hours just to get some decent gear. 

The beauty of it is that it's got that dayz style without the serious consequences. when someone picks u off across the street you just laugh and start over. When the same shit happens in dayz you get mad and rage quit because it took you like 4 hours just to get some decent gear.

I feel it'll be pretty popular I normally have 2-3 people on my list playing unturned.

I think we should of already have a sG unturned the game is getting populated

we already had like 20 people on tonight on shadows server. once we get that steam server support patch we need to hop on it.

we already had like 20 people on tonight on shadows server. once we get that steam server support patch we need to hop on it.

Ya because more and more people are coming on every night

I've only just started playing the game with several people from sG and it was really fun! I would like to have a dedicated server for unturned to play on.

As soon as they have Linux dedicated support, we can try it out.  We are not going to use wine to run a server, just isn't going to happen.

The Dev did say he was working on them, so we can all hope he gets it done soon!

Downloaded this game, joined the server with Eddy and crew, shot at Stabbity, found everyone, got killed, uninstalled this piece of shit game. 

As soon as they have Linux dedicated support, we can try it out.  We are not going to use wine to run a server, just isn't going to happen.

The Dev did say he was working on them, so we can all hope he gets it done soon!

I expect him to. this kid is banging out patch updates like a mad man.