Sign in to follow this  
The Doctor Zed

Your phone is just a bit less of a liability now.

This applies to US only, sorry nerds.

The US Supreme Court ruled unanimously today that police must obtain a search warrant before searching the cellphone of an arrested individual.

Edited by The Doctor Zed

This was always KIND OF the case.

Police just did it even though they weren't supposed to. This was especially easy if you didn't lock your phone. If you did lock your phone they would try to trick you or threaten you to unlock it. You could just tell them to fuck off if you knew your rights.

I would still lock your phone because they probably will still go through it if given the chance. However now they will be fucked in court if they try to use it in court because it will be thrown away by a good lawyer.

This was always KIND OF the case.

Police just did it even though they weren't supposed to. This was especially easy if you didn't lock your phone. If you did lock your phone they would try to trick you or threaten you to unlock it. You could just tell them to fuck off if you knew your rights.

I would still lock your phone because they probably will still go through it if given the chance. However now they will be fucked in court if they try to use it in court because it will be thrown away by a good lawyer.

Its a good day for people that have reasonable counsel.

Damn right as well...

Different subject (kinda) but I watched this show on CCTV operators in England a couple of days ago, the technology is amazing and the distance and range these cameras can cover is incredible. However, they literally follow people for 20-30 minutes sometimes based on 'suspicious behavior'. The example they showed for us was a scruffy guy with a pram...literally walking through town at night going home.

All of this 'elevated authority' police (and these CCTV operatives included) have accumulated in their own minds recently is astounding. What ever happened to human rights and privacy?

Damn right as well...

Different subject (kinda) but I watched this show on CCTV operators in England a couple of days ago, the technology is amazing and the distance and range these cameras can cover is incredible. However, they literally follow people for 20-30 minutes sometimes based on 'suspicious behavior'. The example they showed for us was a scruffy guy with a pram...literally walking through town at night going home.

All of this 'elevated authority' police (and these CCTV operatives included) have accumulated in their own minds recently is astounding. What ever happened to human rights and privacy?

It's just going to get worse as technology improves.

It's just going to get worse as technology improves.

It won't be long before we're micro-chipped just like our fucking dogs.

Only faggots don't think it's cool to be a cyborg

I'd love me a robotic arm, although fapping would be a lot more frustrating...I just don't like being watched where ever I go.

I know England is the most watched country in the world...but fuck off!

It's cool... just stick your arm in a microwave and fry that sucker dead.

You can't use the microwave when the door's open...silly Centran, maybe I should be your manager? 

I'd love me a robotic arm, although fapping would be a lot more frustrating...I just don't like being watched where ever I go.

I know England is the most watched country in the world...but fuck off!

The Iridium Satellite Constellation alone covers 100% of the earth, her oceans, and her atmosphere.

Edited by The Doctor Zed

Plain view rule still applies. If your phone is unlocked and a picture of you committing a crime pops up on your screen, that's probable cause. No warrant needed.

Plain view rule still applies. If your phone is unlocked and a picture of you committing a crime pops up on your screen, that's probable cause. No warrant needed.

That was my somewhat identical twin.

Edited by The Doctor Zed