Sign in to follow this  
Dylan

Gaming laptops

I use an Asus G73JH and it can run the game at 125-175fps @ 1900x600. I assume the newer one you posted would be able to do even better 

Actually, you could build a really good desktop that will outlast a laptop for that price..

Edited by Professional Velo

Actually, you could build a really good desktop that will outlast a laptop for that price..

I know sadly it's more of an 'On the go' Type thing.

i have an asus g75v and honestly its not as bad as people say. its certainly not mobile gaming because the battery lasts me like 30 minutes off the charger and the fps is shit without being plugged in but if you need a mobile station then its pretty damn good. this laptop is like what, 2 years old? i can run most games on high/medium without a problem. im not gonna say it was a good deal or anything, you can build a way better pc for the same price but this works if you are moving around a lot. i payed around 900-1000 bucks for this one back when it was a few months old.

My suggestion is you do two things.

Buy a PC. Have one built with a decently cheap video card(7850 for example) and some decent parts. You can post the build here for critiquing if you want. Should only cost you 600-700 and maybe less than that if you manage it well.

Buy a small laptop for use in classrooms. It can probably run CSGO at mid settings with shadows off 60+.

Why? Because the fact is, you're very rarely going to use it for LAN or on the road. That laptop is not worth $2,250. In two years, it won't be close to it's "value" now. If you really want to splurge, you could get a 1k PC that will last 5+ years a $600 laptop that can run some games decent. You're never going to use that laptop to game with.

Edited by Oreo

I have the g75 and lemme tell u this bitch is big. But, as an art student that says fuck mac and still wants to game, worth it. have yet to run into a game I cant run. 

>Recruit

>SO

pick one

Shots fired! But Ichalvl is pretty much right unless you plan to carry extended battery packs/spares, gaming laptops die fast in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Exo