Sign in to follow this  
Ordinarygamer96

Good Free Antivirus?

I also would recommend downloading Advanced System Care which you can download a free version of it. It works well for hunting down all sorts of harmful files on your computer. 

I've used AVG for a long time now, but as said before in this thread the free version has ads. MSE is good too, though if you just want a scanner and no active protection, Malwarebytes is your program.

I personally use Avast, but make sure you turn off the sounds.. otherwise at 2 in the morning you will hear "AVAST ANTIVIRUS DATABASE HAS BEEN UPDATED"

The free version of Avast! is currently better than MSE, but they're both fine for active protection. Malwarebytes is good for the occasional scan when you think you might've picked something up. Avast! and MSE are both so low resource there's no reason to not just have the active protection on just in case.

There is none don't listen to these guys!!! SAVE YOURSELF GO FOR NORTON AND FSECURE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RUUUUUUN

You could go with A. AVG, a free antivirus software you can download off Google, B. Malwarebytes (as stated by Kung), or C. If you have Windows 8 like I do, there is a free antivirus program called Windows Protection (or something like that) that I enabled from the settings.

CCleaner, Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware. Will fix just about anything.

I manage 2 repair shops and this is pretty much the bulk of what we do as far as simple virus removals go.

No antivirus is 100%