Sign in to follow this  
Arrkham

Issues With My Fiance

Welp, looks like things arent going well. I took everyones advice (except sweetrocks) and she doesnt like that. So I told her to accept and love me for who I am or move on because I am done pretending to be someone else. We havent broken up, but I am pretty sure she doesnt want to be with me anymore.

Edited by The Dλrk Knight Rises

Welp, looks like things arent going well. I took everyones advice (except sweetrocks) and she doesnt like that. So I told her to accept and love me for who I am or move on because I am done pretending to be someone else. We havent broken up, but I am pretty sure she doesnt want to be with me anymore.

Dude.... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the pain I'm sure this is causing you. You're a great guy, TDKR. 

It's possible she just needs a little time to cool down and understand. Give it a little while maybe even a few days. She might just accept your not gonna stop gaming and be cool with it . If she isn't well then maybe it's for the best. I'd never want to be with someone who forced me to abandon something I love no matter how much I loved them because in the end they aren't with you they're with the fake you .If that last part even makes sense.

If this is the case then it sounds like she wasn't the right one. I know it probably feels shittier than anything else, but do you really want to be with somebody that falls out of love with you just because you play video games?

99 problems and the bitch aint one. 

yo man you have 80 hours in the past 2 weeks i think u might actually have a problem on the real, just try to tune down ur gaming and go out some more with some friends and get you a new girl. maybe try to find a girl that likes to do what u do or do something with them whenever they want ur attention. my current girl dont really like gaming so i just watch movies or chill or sit outside a shop like a good lil fagboy whenever required, bam, all is good

pussy aint nothin to get worked up over tho, and u kno u werent tryin to have some ugly babies my man.. sounds like she was just tryin to get rid of u anyways. if she wants to get rid of ur fav thing to do in ur past time then that aint the only problem you got, lets be real

yo man you have 80 hours in the past 2 weeks i think u might actually have a problem on the real, just try to tune down ur gaming and go out some more with some friends and get you a new girl. maybe try to find a girl that likes to do what u do or do something with them whenever they want ur attention. my current girl dont really like gaming so i just watch movies or chill or sit outside a shop like a good lil fagboy whenever required, bam, all is good

pussy aint nothin to get worked up over tho, and u kno u werent tryin to have some ugly babies my man.. sounds like she was just tryin to get rid of u anyways. if she wants to get rid of ur fav thing to do in ur past time then that aint the only problem you got, lets be real

Dat text lingo doe...don't think he was getting worked up over a bit of pussy but the rest of what you said was pretty good. 

Dat text lingo doe...don't think he was getting worked up over a bit of pussy but the rest of what you said was pretty good. 

when i said pussy i meant like just his girl in general and ya i speak from the heart and my heart is always good :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I have been gaming alot because for 3 weeks I have been waiting to start my new job, but I am starting today.

I have been gaming alot because for 3 weeks I have been waiting to start my new job, but I am starting today.

That 80 hours probably didn't help matters though dude. I stand by what I said, but the golden rule in relationships is compromise, find a healthy balance of gaming and spending time with her.

If you really like her, don't give up, but if you go back and talk to her and she doesn't really seem bothered...she isn't the one for you.

Very cliche phrase coming up, but there's no other way to say it. "There's plenty more fish in the sea" you'll be surprised how many better ones they are once you've sampled a few. 

Sorry to hear that man, hopefully you's can sort things out but from what you've wrote it really sounds like she's either trying to look for an excuse to break things off or she's selfish and inconsiderate.

If she loves you she'd learn to understand the fact that you love gaming, but as Rayne said you really need to have the balance between playing the games and spending time with her. I don't have much experience in the deep relationship aspect but I can say if she isn't AT ALL willing to accept you playing a few games for a while every week, then she probably isn't that one bro. You probably feel like she is because of the stuff you guys have done together but trust me once you've moved on you'll realize how controlling she was and how good it feels to be "released" if you will.

It's a long and emotional process and I'm not saying it will happen, but just consider it. She should understand being your fiance that you love playing games just as you would understand that she loves her hobbies. 

Good luck mate hopefully everything works out in your best interests.

I'm sorry, DK. You're a great gamer and a better person. There are a lot of different things you could so here. For one, leave her, by that's probably not a choice you would want to make. You could keep trying to convince her that gaming isn't that bad, and perhaps she'll come around. Have you asked her why she doesn't like games? Maybe there's one that she could have fun playing as well. IME, there are three reasons that people make fun of gamers;

1. They are not good at games (this is the most likely one, most anti-game advocates have been left with a bad impression on their first.)

2. They have never even tried gaming

Or

3. They have no interest in gaming and by relation want to forbid/change/dislike you for gaming.

I would try the "get-her-to-game" route. Enclosed is a list of great cooperative games that I found to be a lot of fun playing with my companion of the time. (Ranging from all genres)

Cooperative Companion's Switcheroo guide:

Portal 2 (no brainer, it's a puzzle game)

Trine (physics based action/puzzle game)

Attack on Titan Tribute by Feng Lee (Kill the giants!)

Borderlands series

Splinter Cell: Conviction (stealth action)

G-mod, of course...

There are quite a few more, coming to Steam summer sale.

What I think is that the sG community would need more info as to why your fiancée doesn't like you gaming. Could you provide that for us?

Best of luck to ya, DK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time someone says "my partner," I automatically assume they're gay

We've been sending butthole snap chat's to each other for the past month and you only now assume I/we're gay?