Sign in to follow this  
DarkPredator

Trying to be with someone who "fits" you

So I got into this situation where I like this girl, but my friends are telling me she isn't right for me because of certain mismatched factors

Do you guys/gals believe in that sort of thing?

I feel like it's better just to make it work with whoever you actually like, rather than trying to make it work with someone who might be "better" for you

In my specific scenerio, my friends are saying that I'm really into like realism and how things are and she seems more in the clouds or w/e, but to me, she seems just more happy and open rather than "naive" or something

So yeah thats my feels, do you have them bro? or do you have other feels, do I wanna know

honestly it is up to you, because at the end of the day it is your relationship, also that misconception that if both people are exactly the same they have a perfect relationship is mostly bullshit. If you are both exactly the same then where is the learning about each other or the adventure of trying out things your spouse wants you to try out come into play? Also if you are exactly the same you will more likely get annoyed quickly because there will never be anything "new" to bring into each others lives. 

Edit: you know what before you get me wrong. What i said above is true but you also don't want to get into an abusive relationship or try to get into a relationship with someone you have absolutely no common grounds with, it's  just as bad an idea as going out with someone who has everything in common with you.

Edited by SpartanSakaro

I was in this same situation from freshman year till like junior year. I liked this girl for the longest time and like everyone hated her because of some shit she did the year before. everyone thought she was a slut and shit to the point where I was kinda embarrassed to even be with her. The shit was fucked up I still liked her but no one gave me any support on the relationship that I tried to have with her, and at one point I let it get to me. People just did not want to be my friend at one point just for holding hands with her in the hallway shit was fucked up. But listen if you like this girl fuck what any of your friends have to say if your best friend doesn't support you fuck him fucken co workers don't support you fuck them too idfk. I let my friends and peers get to me and it fucked up my relationship and friendship that I had with a girl that I actually digged so just do you man.

They honestly don't have the same viewpoint or are in the same situation you are in, if you feel as if you can make it work then go for it. My longest relationship was with a girl no one said I matched with and it worked out fine for a long time, we eventually separated and became fuck buddies for a little bit then I broke it off because she started to get clingy and I just didn't feel the same. Keep in mind I'm in fucking high school and I'm sure things don't work like this afterwards (unless your a fun guy) Sometime you just have to trust your instincts and go with the flow, if she shows signs of liking you back then go for gold. Since you are into realism and she seems naive then maybe she can bring some joy into your life by being that stereotypical fun, loving girl. 

Don't worry, I got your feels bro

EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT/ATTACHMENT IN GENERAL IS LAME AND A WEAKNESS

But anyways who gives a shit what they say if you like her then you like her they don't see her from your perspective. Just do it mane.

BTW... the weird/corrupt things I was thinking when I read the title. Glad I got that out of the water, please continue.

The name "Dark Predator" made it worse

EDIT: Hell I posted so I might as well contribute

I'd go for it

Fuck what other people say

Relationships get boring when both people are the same

Edited by Fab

So I got into this situation where I like this girl, but my friends are telling me she isn't right for me because of certain mismatched factors

To be honest, nobody is going to be able to tell you someone is right or wrong for you. That's for you to decide/learn on your own. If things work out, great. If they don't consider it a learning experience for the next girl you meet. 

Now on the flipside of that, if your friends start telling you you're changing for the worse because of a chick, listen to them. They're not doing it out of jealousy or spite, they legitimately see changes in you that you may not notice. Lost a really close friend that I'd known most of my life because he didn't listen to us. 

I'm really into like realism and how things are and she seems more in the clouds or w/e, but to me, she seems just more happy and open rather than "naive" or something

You actually realize global warming exists, and she doesn't get a joke until 3 seconds after everyone stops laughing aka a ditz. (is the vibe I'm gettin) I dated a girl like that for several months. Great relationship when it existed. What ur buds might be saying is that you are too "smart for this chick". I'd say fuck 'em. 

also, this is not the greatest place to look for help

Love suck so just be a man whore and pound the fuck out of her and just move on to the next bitch cause we all are a bunch of monkeys and we do it like they do it on the discovery ch!

Edited by sweetrock

I'm totally on the other side of the coin. My girl's friends fucking hate me. If you think your friends have any clue about the dynamics of your relationship and of how unhealthy or healthy it is, then sure, maybe take their opinion into account. But they probably don't, so they can go fuck themselves.

To Be Perfectly Fair, Physical Attraction Is A Pretty Important Part Of A Relationship. Not To Be Shallow But You Want A Partner You Find Equally Attractive Because Honestly The Feeling Of Settling And Stuff Isn't Healthy For Either Side. You Gotta Be Wanting Each Other In An Equal Manner Cause Even Though Feeling Superior Is Cool And All, Overall It's Pretty Unhealthy And Sometimes It Sucks Cause You Go Into Those Tricky What If Scenarios.