Sign in to follow this  
Knox

Minigames Event 3/18-3/23

MINIGAMES EVENT

This event will be held from 3/18-3/23. The event is pretty simple, and you should be able to get through the objectives fairly easily. However, there are some hard objectives to get through!

The rules for the event are as follows:

1. You can only win one prize (SO's and staff are eligible to win prizes).
  2. Going AFK to gain server time so you are entered into the raffle will get you disqualified.
  3. The raffle will be done through a random number generator, I will post results when the event is over.
  4. You must have a forum account at www.joinsg.net and not be banned from the servers or the forums at the time of the event in order to be eligible for prizes.
  5. Do not abuse the RTV system on the server, everyone should have an equal opportunity to complete the objectives.
  6. All screenshots must be Private Messaged to either myself or Eddy so you can be entered into the raffle!
  7. Do not attempt to loophole these rules, if you are caught doing so, you will be disqualified.

The top FIVE players that have the highest playtime on the server during the event period will be entered into a raffle to win prizes! As well as that, you can complete these objectives:

"Course expert" - Complete the most course maps on the server during the course of the event. Screenshots of you in the respective finishing area with at least one other person on the server are required for this objective. (ONLY ONE WINNER FOR THIS OBJECTIVE) 

"Multigun Master" - Complete each of the following maps on the server: mg_warmcup_headshot; mg_n64goldeneye; mg_funmatrix; showing yourself as one of the top 3 fraggers. Screenshots must show the end of map scoreboard with the specified criteria. (Must be at least 6 people on the server at the time of completion)

"Master of the Galaxy" - Complete the following components of the map mg_lt_galaxy: slide, surf, climb and obstacle course. This does not have to be done on the same map cycle. Screenshot of you in the finishing area of each respective minigame. (Must be at least 6 people on the server at the time of completion)

"Escape from Jigsaw" - Complete all the saw course maps on the server. Must have a screenshot of you on the server in each respective finishing area. (Must be at least 6 people on the server at the time of completion)

-BONUS OBJECTIVE: Complete the mg_saw3 course and the bonus area in one run through. You must provide a demo/recording of the run.

"Deathrun Domination" - Complete any 3 deathrun maps on whichever team is trying to avoid certain death. You must have screenshots of you winning the round and alive at the end of said maps. (Must be at least 10 people on the server at the time of completion)

Completing any of those objectives(aside from "Course Expert") will enter you into a raffle to win prizes.

Prizes are listed below(and will be updated with more to pick from):

1. Credits for the in-game store:

1. 2500 (five winners)
  2. 5000 (three winners)
  3. 10000 (one winner)
2. Deadlight - Donated by drunkula

3. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Donated by 2dunk2furious

4. Garry's Mod - Donated by Shadow

5. Terraria - Donated by Shadow

6. Trine 2 - Donated by Shadow

7. Games from the Humble Warner Bros. Bundle (Batman: Arkham City GOTY, Scribblenauts Unlimited, The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, F.E.A.R. 3, F.E.A.R. 2, Batman™: Arkham Asylum GOTY, and Batman: Arkham Origins DLC Season Pass) - Donated by TDKR

If you would like to donate a prize to go toward this event, please send me a PM on the forums or contact me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/neekisbest/

Edited by Knox

One day notice on an event I gave you a month ago. Thank waffles for coming up with the objectives. Include the prizes I offered before as well.

Edited by Shadow

I'm glad to see this is happening although a little more notice would have been nice.  I haven't been on the server in a couple days, but there was still an issue with only 12 people being able to join a team on course maps instead of anything greater than that.  Fixing that would make the event more successful and more importantly improving server popularity.

Also in a recent update the default round limit switched to best out of 15.  I suggest setting an increased amount or a set time limit on non-course maps.

to anyone questioning the timing and/or lack of warning beforehand about the event:

it was decided that because it is currently spring break week for many, and the upcoming box switch may cause issues with being able to hold this event in the near future, now would be as good a time as any to hold the event.

if somehow any of you needed notice to be able to play in the minigames server, please accept our apologies.

Now Knox won't have to do shit for another 2 and a half months.

Jailbreak cough cough

We've had full population lately qq

Hey Knox I've always been in the habit of respawning persons in course maps until the AFK killer activates.

Should I stop this for the duration of the contest?

It helps everyone in the server equally and reduces downtime for server population betweens deaths, but people who aren't playing at the time a respawning admin is on don't get the benefit for this particular contest. It makes it a lot easier to make it to the end, so I'll suspend doing it unless you rule it's allowed.

Yeah almost all MG courses have a killer of some kind, it's great for when admins aren't on, because an AFK could sit there for minutes at a time, wasting all the dead people's time.

To be honest it's only a minor hindrance when a respawning admin is on, because it only takes 1 round of respawn-deaths for them to realize it's on.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Why has no one still fixed the problem for MG even when an event for MG is going on...

The problem is that only 12 players can join one team on course maps. Me and Waffles have already made multiple posts about this problem and no one seems to care to fix it. Whats the point of a MG Event if only 12 people can play on a course maps that is needed to enter a raffle or whatever.

Alright, thanks to everyone who participated in the event! I didn't get as many entries for the objectives as I had hoped, but we still have people who did a great job and won themselves some prizes!

First off, I would like to congratulate Ciro on being the Course Expert during the event! His entry with a whopping 34 course maps completed won him a prize!

Please make sure to reply to this thread to pick up your prize, Ciro. You will have first pick for prizes aside from the raffle entrants.

Here's how the raffle drawing went:

7HAkc.jpg

So, the order you will pick your prizes in will go as follows:
1. Coldfuse

2. Burger

3. Waffles

4. Pope Astrro II

Ciro is excluded from this list because he has already won a prize from being the course expert.

PLEASE REPLY IN THIS THREAD WITH YOUR PRIZE OF CHOICE. Obviously, I'll be taking these picks in order.

I'm trying to get the prizes sorted out by the end of the day, hopefully everyone is available to pick what they want out of the prize pool!

I didn't get as many entries for the objectives as I had hoped

Why has no one still fixed the problem for MG even when an event for MG is going on...

The problem is that only 12 players can join one team on course maps. Me and Waffles have already made multiple posts about this problem and no one seems to care to fix it. Whats the point of a MG Event if only 12 people can play on a course maps that is needed to enter a raffle or whatever.

<quotes>

The problem that minigames has had for the past few months is something staff has been looking into for a while now. If it could have been fixed, it would have been fixed. We believe that increasing the slot size on the server to 44 might have fixed it, but it ended up only increasing the number of people who can play on the team. The problem with that number capping at a fixed amount is still a mystery.

It's not that no one cares to fix it, it's that staff members had gone through the server and tried to fix it in any way possible, but to no avail. I apologize if no one told you that the problem with minigames was being worked on. I'll make sure to make a post somewhere on updates about the existing problem if there is any.

Is the prize for the games in the Humble Warner Bros for the entire bundle or for each individual game? If it is for the bundle, then the bundle, if its not available.. then Garry's Mod, if that's not available.. then Trine 2.

Sign in to follow this