Sign in to follow this  
xToYSoLDiieRx

Lee Rigby's murderers sentencing

I just wanted to start this, most of you may not know but 2 Islamist converts ran over and decapitated / butchered a British fusilier named Lee Rigby.

One got life, the other only got 45 years in jail.

My opinion, they both should of been given the death penalty and publicly hung. I think it's disgusting that this would happen to a British soldier on British soil and for them to only get 45 years for it. Hopefully they die in jail or some shit 'cos scum like him should be walking the streets.

What's your take on this? 

I just wanted to start this, most of you may not know but 2 Islamist converts ran over and decapitated / butchered a British fusilier named Lee Rigby.

One got life, the other only got 45 years in jail.

My opinion, they both should of been given the death penalty and publicly hung. I think it's disgusting that this would happen to a British soldier on British soil and for them to only get 45 years for it. Hopefully they die in jail or some shit 'cos scum like him should be walking the streets.

What's your take on this? 

Well actually, both were sentenced to life, with one receiving no chance of parole and the other being eligible in 45 years. To be honest if this happened in the US they would most likely have received the death penalty. Britain, however, got rid of Capital Punishment back in 1965.

I think that life in jail is a worse punishment than death.

All day in a cell, no freedom for the rest of your life. Sucks dick.

You do have a point but if a person received the death penalty and was "stringed," their family or loved ones is going to go through hell trying to 

cope with his/her's death.

life in prison is way worse than death, think about it, death penalty the guy dies and boom it's over, not only that but the guy dies a peaceful death, meanwhile with life imprison the guy will have to face the fact of the crime committed every day for the rest of his life and not only that but he will get abused by other people.

Also why the hell do you say all those things about wanting them dead and then say they should be walking the streets?

life in prison is way worse than death, think about it, death penalty the guy dies and boom it's over, not only that but the guy dies a peaceful death, meanwhile with life imprison the guy will have to face the fact of the crime committed every day for the rest of his life and not only that but he will get abused by other people.

Also why the hell do you say all those things about wanting them dead and then say they should be walking the streets?

i think he meant "scum like him SHOULDN'T be walking the streets"

You do have a point but if a person received the death penalty and was "stringed," their family or loved ones is going to go through hell trying to 

Yeah but the punishment isn't meant for his family and loved ones, It's meant for him

The whole point of public executions was to make the victims loved one's minds rest and to show people who were thinking about doing it what would happen, but since it isn't even legal anymore I see your point. Problem is prisoners have more stuff to do in jail nowadays than we do. They have a job in some prisons, and even make money. It's ridiculous. 

The whole point of public executions was to make the victims loved one's minds rest and to show people who were thinking about doing it what would happen, but since it isn't even legal anymore I see your point. Problem is prisoners have more stuff to do in jail nowadays than we do. They have a job in some prisons, and even make money. It's ridiculous. 

A lot of prisons around the UK have access to all the latest consoles and everything, good food etc...it's ridiculous. I agree with you, this crime should have condoned a change in policy, these guys should be killed in front of all of those that were harmed by this.

Medical and dental care, extracurricular activities, sometimes TV, job, downtime, you can masturbate all you want. Prison don't seem too bad to not having a life anymore.

Although the prison systems in most countries are in desperate need of reform (finding a balance between appropriate punishment and moral fairness is pretty much impossible), I gotta say that it's still the lesser of two evils compared to the death penalty. Not only has the death penalty proven to be an ineffective deterrent for the most despicable kinds of crimes --  it sort of contradicts the zeitgeist of this era of progression that we're living in right now. If we're killing people for killing people to show to others that killing people is wrong, we're simply perpetuating the notion that killing without a reason is okay.

Lives are no light matter. I think the problem with most people is that our emotions make us impetuous creatures. Sure, it's easy to claim that you desire the death of someone from the comfort of your computer, but think about what you're really saying... If you're advocating for the killing of people due to your own feelings of indignance and desires for revenge, what makes you different from any murderer? Claiming the moral high ground doesn't justify what you're advocating.

tl;dr the death penalty is generally illogical 

Edited by Faptastic

Although the prison systems in most countries are in desperate need of reform (finding a balance between appropriate punishment and moral fairness is pretty much impossible), I gotta say that it's still the lesser of two evils compared to the death penalty. Not only has the death penalty proven to be an ineffective deterrent for the most despicable kinds of crimes --  it sort of contradicts the zeitgeist of this era of progression that we're living in right now. If we're killing people for killing people to show to others that killing people is wrong, we're simply perpetuating the notion that killing without a reason is okay.

Lives are no light matter. I think the problem with most people is that our emotions make us impetuous creatures. Sure, it's easy to claim that you desire the death of someone from the comfort of your computer, but think about what you're really saying... If you're advocating for the killing of people due to your own feelings of indignance and desires for revenge, what makes you different from any murderer? Claiming the moral high ground doesn't justify what you're advocating.

tl;dr the death penalty is generally illogical 

I agree with what you say in general circumstances, but this isn't the case here. If you haven't already, I suggest reading up on the Lee Rigby murder. Our opinions on the guilty party isn't out of revenge, or emotions... they deserve death for what they have done. You are right, life isn't a light matter, and people shouldn't be so eager to deal out death and judgement, but in cases like this, we made a mistake removing the death penalty and I think everybody needs to appreciate that.

they deserve death for what they have done.

That's not for you or anyone else to decide.

And people who are calling for a puplic execution... Lol. What the hell is wrong with you? Some day I hope you realize your mindset isn't very far removed from that of the Muslim extremists you're raging against.

If you haven't already, I suggest reading up on the Lee Rigby murder. Our opinions on the guilty party isn't out of revenge, or emotions... they deserve death for what they have done.

I read about the murders prior to posting my comment. Like I said, killing someone is never justified unless it's in self defense or prevents further deaths from occurring. No one should decide who deserves to die.