Sign in to follow this  
AntyCrix

Apparently the Coca-Cola Superbowl ad pissed a lot of people off

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/02/03/coca-cola-super-bowl-ad-ignites-online-debate/

(CNN) – Coca-Cola’s Super Bowl commercial Sunday night was at first glance a moving tribute to America’s diversity, featuring a full minute of ordinary people of different races and ethnicity doing ordinary American activities, as the classic song “America the Beautiful” plays throughout the ad.

Nevertheless it became one of the most polarizing moments of the night. Why? The song was sung in different languages in addition to English, which sparked an uproar on Twitter.

There's always "controversy" about Superbowl ads ; it's practically part of the system nowadays. Nothing makes your ad gets attention like an "urban disruption". 

Marketing at its finest.

Yeah, pissed off a lot of stupid people. I read about some of the responses people had. Made me sick to my stomach that some people in this country still carry this type of attitude.

http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/75447787843/speak-english-racist-revolt-as-coca-cola-airs

It's funny these people get so patriotic as soon as something like this happens...

Any excuse to moan ay...I'm surprised more people on here didn't get all pissy and bitch about this.