Sign in to follow this  
Destin

So Atlanta got 2 inches of snow.

So I live in Georgia, and yes I know the rest of the country is laughing at the fact that they think 2 inches of snow shut down Atlanta, but let me tell you what actually happened.

The day before the incident most schools in Georgia canceled school for the next two days, as the smaller cities lack of salt trucks. However good ole ATL though decided they would wait it out and see what happened. So at about 11:35 the flakes started falling and ALL THE SCHOOLS in atlanta closed simultaneously causing 99 buses to dismiss and thousands of parents, and workers to mass in to the interstate and streets all at once. At 11:45 the snow was still slush melting all over the roads and freezing into 1 inch thick ice with hundreds of thousands of people still driving on it, you can drive well in snow all you want but ice is a different story, cars don't work like that, so gridlock happened over 100 accidents happened within the next 15 minutes and caused bumper to bumper traffic surrounding and in Atlanta. Guess what also happened at 11:45, the ice trucks ATTEMPTED to go salt the roads before anything could happen, but if the road is bumper to bumper and shut down guess where the ice trucks go? Nowhere. This made everything go from worse, to fucked. So in short (TLDR) snow didn't shut down atlanta. Bad planning, bad traffic, and ICE shut down Atlanta. 

This has been Destin from WAP9001 giving you your real talk news.

Sources: I live here.

oh and also: <a href="http://sourcefed.com/atlanta-is-freaking-out-over-snow/" title="News article backing what I said"> Here's a Sourcefeed article</a>

Well guess sG doesn't accept HTML :c oh well http://sourcefed.com/atlanta-is-freaking-out-over-snow/

Edited by Destin

meanwhile in florida

Es ok,  people down here cant drive when its dry, let alone when its wet...

Got to love good ol' constant  wrecks down toll roads and interstates.

Needless to say, people everywhere apparently suck at driving/common sense.

If it ever gets below 50 down here people freak the fuck out and can't comprehend that it gets colder than 70 degrees. I moved to Florida so I didn't have to waste millions of dollars on jackets every year.

hahaha millions of dollars on jackets, I wear shorts all year round and a light sweatshirt. And this is the coldest year in the nation

I swear farther south you go more hell breaks loose over small amounts of snowfall, I thought Durham was bad but actually seeing it here in Atlanta makes me wish I was back home. So my classes started at 9:30 am, then I see 1 piece of snow fall on my way back from lunch at 11:30 am and I get a message that my school is closing down at 1:30 pm. I then get a message telling me that the dining services will be limited to only 2 places and minimal hours, ya this sounds like a lot but when it is normally 8-10 places to go this makes those 2 very packed. I then proceeded through the mob of students at the miniature Walmart that is nothing more than a 1/2 sized convenient store to grab what little food I could for the coming days. Welp 2 days later and my school decides to stay closed for Thursday thus the food places are also out...aside from the 'Gyro Bros' which had the brilliant of idea of opening today until they managed to run out of food by 7:30 pm...

Es ok,  people down here cant drive when its dry, let alone when its wet...

Got to love good ol' constant  wrecks down toll roads and interstates.

Needless to say, people everywhere apparently suck at driving/common sense.

Well Flordia has to be all Old People right?

You're like the 1%.

Unless...

In fact this year my university has closed the most times it has ever done... all within a single month. Reason: too fucking cold, near sub-zero temps + wind = bad if you get trapped in your car.

The life of living in Michigan, snow, shit roads, balls freezing... I still think temps in the teens is warm cause it doesn't freeze me beardie.

Edited by BLiNDBoi

Dude lol here in michgan it was like -64 but its all good now its only like -20

Oh man you're a couple days away from two weeks.

Almost enough for an infraction for bumping :)

Areas that don't typically get snow don't invest in the tools to handle snow and ice. But people don't understand that, they just use the cold to give themselves a false sense of superiority.