Sign in to follow this  
Jungle Fever

PS4 vs. Xbox One

I was considering getting one of the two, but from reading various articles online, I wasn't awfully impressed with either to warrant buying one this early on. I have been a big playstation guy my whole life (ps one, two, and three), and am curious if anyone has one or has played on/used both and has a recommendation for either side?

I haven't touched either, but from what I hear, PS4 is better than the Xbox One. And I am seriously an Xbox fan. Got around two years on Live, although I cancelled my subscription. (For Steam.)

If you have a tv box to hook up too or just want to play the best launch games I would get xbox now. I leave mine on basically all day, they built this thing to vent heat like no other and I don't even use my remote anymore for controlling my tv just using voice controls.

Dead rising 3 is probably worth buying it for anyways as it is the most enjoyable launch game by far.

Edited by ZachPL

All of my friends have/ continue to play on xbox which is one of the biggest factors for me.

I suppose, but considering i've used playstation for so long, I am used to not having friends to game with haha.

In addition I am sure the online games for playstation are much better now considering PSN is now paid for monthly so its quality should be much more similar to Xbox Live than in the past. Nonetheless I do think a HUGE factor in buying one of two is the fact that Xbox requires live to utilize certain features (like Netflix and Amazon Prime), while Playstation will not require internet to use it (though it will require a subscription for online gaming). Considering I currently use my PS3 as a Netflix streamer, that would be quite the loss.

I suppose, but considering i've used playstation for so long, I am used to not having friends to game with haha.

In addition I am sure the online games for playstation are much better now considering PSN is now paid for monthly so its quality should be much more similar to Xbox Live than in the past. Nonetheless I do think a HUGE factor in buying one of two is the fact that Xbox requires live to utilize certain features (like Netflix and Amazon Prime), while Playstation will not require internet to use it (though it will require a subscription for online gaming). Considering I currently use my PS3 as a Netflix streamer, that would be quite the loss.

Go for the PS4 then they are actually in stock on amazon right now, although PSN hasn't really changed much considering it just launched i'm sure it will with time though.

In addition I am sure the online games for playstation are much better now considering PSN is now paid for monthly so its quality should be much more similar to Xbox Live than in the past. 

I have heard that complaint so much that I find it extremely stupid.

I have owned both ps3 and xbox 360 and never have I once seen anything different about ps3 servers compared to xbox 360 servers.

What specifically have you noticed that, compared psn to xbox live, would make such a drastic change now that you pay?

What I want is a console with PS4 hardware, Xbox one controller and xbox one games with the price of a Wii U. kthxbye

Edited by Master Chief

PS4 but I'd wait till March when more games are out unless one of the ones out right now really interests you. PS4 doesn't have a lot of titles at the moment.