Sign in to follow this  
Freekiller #3

Seriously considering Airforce

Air force is overall one of the best, if not the best branch to serve on.  I don't know the specifics though.  I have talked to a lot of Vets that come into the place I work and almost all of them say go air force or navy if you're looking to be taken care of.  If you want to serve in combat Army/Marines is better for that.

I don't know much about the Air Force but for the ASVAB, you really want to get a good score if you are looking for a specific AFSC. Regarding the recruiters, they will use anything to get you into the military. When I applied for the marines, my recruiter told me a lot of bullshit to try to get me into the marines, So if your recruiter tells you something, you should look into it to see if what he is saying is accurate. Also talk to your recruiters about enlistment bonuses and how much you can get, some won't talk to you about them if you don't ask. I know a buddy who got fucked in the ass by a recruiter who only got the minimum amount.

Anyways good luck with the Air Force. 

Here is some basics for you to save yourself time and the recruiter time. If you have any background issues(not racial ted) for pot, crimes, DUI or any shit like that you will be not be able to get in period right now. Also in terms of hardest to get into branches IIRC its Airforce NG, Airforce, Navy, Coast guard, Army/NG, marines. Airforce/Navy have the slightly better benefits overall compared to Army. Navy/Marines will let you literally go anywhere in the world(Cousin is in Japan and just made his E5 in the Marines). Army will most likely offer the most jobs overall. Each branch has its own pros/cons and talking with C12k and Howard will help explain both sides since C12k is Officer side and Howwie is enlisted side.

If you're considering IT (in any branch) talk to driz. The military, as a whole, are downsizing. This downsize means the military doesn't "need" people at this time. Realistically, you need to hop on with ANY branch that is willing to accept you at this time. Navy and Air Force max out at 6 month deployments, but Army deployments can range from 9-15 months (currently 9). The Army has more opportunities for education, where the other branches do not. The Air Force lifestyle is the easiest, however the Marines have the harshest lifestyle.

Do whatever you want. I'm not a recruiter, so I'll spit real talk. I encourage you to visit and post on the forums of the various services.

Army: https://forums.goarmy.com

You'll be able to connect with current and future Soldiers to ask relevant questions.