Sign in to follow this  
fps_trucka

I have one day to decide. Phone thread.

Phone debate.  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which phone should I get?

currently the 5s is the most powerful phone on the market. if you want the source ill find it for you but its true and im not an apple fanboy i have an s3 myself

5s looks a lot smoother in terms of UI so I would get it over the 5s

its so funny when people on this forum vote s4 over 5s because hurr durr iphone 5 for hipsters hurr apple sucks hurr

I heard the HTC is the most powerful phone on the market, just that their commercials don't really sell the phone lol.

currently the 5s is the most powerful phone on the market. if you want the source ill find it for you but its true and im not an apple fanboy i have an s3 myself

its so funny when people on this forum vote s4 over 5s because hurr durr iphone 5 for hipsters hurr apple sucks hurr

I heard the HTC is the most powerful phone on the market, just that their commercials don't really sell the phone lol.
I actually had the HTC one for some point and went back to my s3 because I hated it so much

What was wrong with it in your opinion?

buttons sometimes didnt do jack. i even put a different rom on it and it didnt help. personally the htc stock was garb imo and the charge took FOREVER

honestly, iOS 7 adds in like everything android has... Apple sued Samsung over stealing ideas but oh the irony... I have the S4. I had a iPhone. I'll never go back. You'll regret an iPhone. HTC One is nice and pretty but no SD card and smaller battery knocks it out. Get the S4 or the Note 3.

Honest answer:

Got galaxy S4 only had 1 problem

it "broke" my old ass sd-card telling me I had to format it over and over. Did 1 minor update and the sd-card worked again GG (didn't lose any data due dropbox) huehue

10/10 would buy again

Yes... Yes I would like the source.

To answer your question, depending on your technical wherewithal, s4.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Wait for the Nexus 5, which will likely be released next month.  Stock android 4.4-- Kitkat (i.e., no carrier bloatware + faster updates), unlocked, contract-free.

If not that, then personally I'd go with the HTC One.  I had a first-gen Galaxy S and Note, and I'm just not impressed with Samsung's builds or battery life.  Personal opinion, though.

Edited by The Junzou

My palm just went through my face when someone mentioned 64-bit made iOS so much faster. THERE IS NO FUCKING NEED FOR 64-BIT RIGHT NOW. It doesn't do shit for mobile devices. The reason iPhone GUI seems "smoother" is because of how processes are given like OS-level priority when running. The Galaxy S4 is the most powerful phone on the market right now. iPhone doesn't even stand a chance. 

tldr; don't buy an iPhone; get GS4

How is it more powerful? The S4 has a better cpu, better camera, better screen res and size, and better battery.

The 5S is much more optimized, I give you that much. Plus the benchmarks Anandtech did show that it is faster than other phones:

58181.png

58179.png

58202.png

But as serveral people mentioned already, a 64bit processor doesn't really matter now and by the time it does matter, phones will support it. Hell, the 5S is still on 1GB of RAM.

If you don't have to buy a phone right now I suggest waiting to get a Note 3 being released by October or the Nexus 5 which rumors are pointing to a end of October release. S4, though still new, is getting just a little bit old now and you can probably be happier getting those two devices I mentioned earlier.

But out of those choices, I say the S4 especially if you're not on AT&T or Verizon. The bootloader for the S4 is locked and encrypted on those carriers and last time I checked, wasn't cracked yet. What that means is that installing custom roms will be much harder if you decide to do that in the near future.

Another thing to consider is if you're already deep in the iOS ecosystem or Android. Those factor in buying a phone as well.

I'm probably late to answer this anyway :P

Edited by Dickbutt

Much more optimized for stock apps, sure. Because of the way it's designed to give higher priority to stock apps, but other apps suffer. So, sure your browser may run a bit faster than on android, but good luck running multiple apps. If you're looking for a simple phone to browse the Internet and do email, then go for it. But it's not more powerful. Just optimized for different use.

Much more optimized for stock apps, sure. Because of the way it's designed to give higher priority to stock apps, but other apps suffer. So, sure your browser may run a bit faster than on android, but good luck running multiple apps. If you're looking for a simple phone to browse the Internet and do email, then go for it. But it's not more powerful. Just optimized for different use.

I think iOS gives more a lot priority to the app in the foreground and not just stock apps. Though I'm not 100% sure how iOS works since I don't have an iOS device (or recent one). But there's this picture where the iPhone 5 clearly loads a game faster than the competition:

RjXis01t6.gif

Although it could be based on several things like the lower resolution on the iPhone combined with the fast-ish processor, how iOS works or the game is just unoptimized (which seem to be a common trend between cross platform apps)

EDIT - fixed broken image. nvm image is broke for some reason

Edited by Dickbutt

Hahaha. What. It's only got 2gb of ram. Please read up on the difference between 32bit and 64bit. And why that one isnt automatically faster, especially when its got half the needed ram.

I assumed he meant 64bit because its basically the only thing they changed(processor wise).