Sign in to follow this  
sweetrock

It can wait!!!!!!!!

It is very sad that's why we need to get the word out about how texting and driving can change not just one person life but everyone's life!

I don't know if it's local or not, but there's this PSA on the radio that starts off vaguely like an anti-cigarette ad "What do you do to keep from doing it?" and it has all these teenage girls going "I keep it in the glovebox!" "I wait until I'm pulled over or my car's off!" "I don't bring it with me" and then some guy goes "I just don't do it." "Don't text and drive"

WOMEN.

I just want you guys to know thatno text is worth a person life. And I care for my fellow gamers and their safety while driving! ♥♥♥

The 'DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE' stuff gets really annoying and it's probably turning people more away from it than it was stopping them from texting and driving. It feels too 'in your face' for me and it's just getting tiresome.

Insert generic sad story here about someone receiving this text and then face planting into a wall. Talk about not texting and driving. Rinse and repeat

Not being callous, but it just tends to lose it's effect when they recycle the same storyline over and over again. You begin to look at it and just say "Oh great, another scripted ad on texting and driving".

Edited by Oreo

The 'DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE' stuff gets really annoying and it's probably turning people more away from it than it was stopping them from texting and driving. It feels too 'in your face' for me and it's just getting tiresome.

well yeah because people are fucking stupid and proceed to do it anyways 

well yeah because people are fucking stupid and proceed to do it anyways 

That and they don't really give a damn. People that do it probably view it as doing something like changing the radio station or they just don't honestly care. When people hear these ads they pretty much just parrot on about one aspect of distracted driving and hammer the nail in so much that it's broken. I wish they'd actually begin to change it up but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Edited by Oreo

I knew someone at school who in 2005 drove into a tree on his way to school and killed his little brother while texting someone. Happened right at the end of my street. He has to live the rest of his life knowing that he killed his little brother because he had to text someone "I see you" on his way to school. 

Probably wishes he paid more attention and didn't text while driving. 

Edited by Sooners

I get it. I really do. It can be dangerous. But so is a lot of other things people do. Most people just can't handle multitasking because they prioritize their attention on the phone.

If you think about it, you're hurtling down the road at speeds your body was never really ready for, encased in a tomb of metal and glass. And you're not paying attention.

If people could prioritize driving above their phone, it wouldn't be an issue. But they can't.

Fucking attention whores are the only ones that text while driving, prioritizing their social life over their actual life as well as others..

I'd rather pay attention to the road than read a text from my buddy that says "I just took a shit and it's green."

Edited by Velo