Sign in to follow this  
MXS12

your experiences

hey guys,

i would like to hear your experiences with hardware of different producers, which ones you would recommend or not and why.

just to start this:

AMD or Intel?

Ati Radeon or Nvidea?

(and even Mac or PC)

im curious :) moreover it might be helpful for me and anyone else who wants/needs a new computer.

I prefer intel for CPU, Nvidea Geforce for GPU and PC simply for gaming and because it works with all programs I need. However I like Mac more for design and for how smooth it works. Mac also has some nice features.

Dad works for Intel so I get their shit for free or at a discount, so I'll always side with Intel. And I prefer nvidia over Ati but I'd be fine with either. I don't even need to mention Mac vs PC its a one sided argument that'll just waste space.

intel

nvidia

asus boards

pc 

samsung visuals

logitech keyboards/mouse/headset if on budget

steelseries if not.

all cables from monoprice.com

corsair case

Edited by Skotti

For video cards, I normally prefer NVidia (I have one currently installed) and for OS I prefer PC for gaming, though for more elaborate things like video editing and rendering I sometimes prefer my mac, as it has 12 GB of RAM among other things.

I'm currently in the market for a CPU as well, so I'll be staying tuned to this thread.

Dad works for Intel so I get their shit for free or at a discount, so I'll always side with Intel. And I prefer nvidia over Ati but I'd be fine with either. I don't even need to mention Mac vs PC its a one sided argument that'll just waste space.

Yeah, my sister's friend's dad works for nvidia, so he gave me a 570 2.5 gb for really cheap a few years ago

I dunno. I got a diamond plated hdmi cable from here. it's really good and can transfer a whole one thousand and eighty pees at once.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003CT2A2M/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

Really, cables are fine to get from anywhere as long as they aren't a conglomerate like Best Buy. I still do prefer mono, however.

Really, cables are fine to get from anywhere as long as they aren't a conglomerate like Best Buy. I still do prefer mono, however.

I have a feeling you didn't click the link

/>/>

I dunno. I got a diamond plated hdmi cable from here. it's really good and can transfer a whole one thousand and eighty pees at once.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003CT2A2M/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

My previous comment was incorrect.

A diamond plated displayport cable would be better.

Edited by Joscal

Fer2v.jpg

Anyways...I just bought a all my parts for a new computer, should be here this week, and went with AMD. To me it all has to do with money, you can get a better system with Intel, but I found I can get more bang for my buck on a budget with AMD. 

I do love macs for design projects like photo/video editing and stuff...

Edited by Moose678