Sign in to follow this  
Count

Mouse pad helps aim?

Alright, I admit my aim beeing bad, but I feel like my mouse sometimes doesn't slide well on my desk making me miss some shots. Yes I have spilled stuff on my desk at one time and i can't help to think a mouse pad will help.

Edited by MC Cristo

It might. It all depends on the type of laser your mouse uses. For example, my mouse, the Logitech G700, uses a "Gaming Laser" (which I believe is just the Darkfield Laser, but I may very well be mistaken). I'm using a Steelseries mousepad that has a really reflective surface, which makes the mouse much more responsive to movement.

Though I've said this, I've played Counter-Strike for like 10 years. I would play without a mousepad just so I could have much more room for movement (lower sensitivity for better aim). Having used this mousepad for about a year and a half now, I can't say it's much better. All I like about it is how smooth the mouse paws (I call them paws, but they're the little pads at the bottom surface of the mouse) move across it—and honestly, that's just 'cause the material of the mousepad is mad smooth.

So, yes, a mousepad may improve your ability control your mouse, however it won't necessarily improve your aim. Practice will improve your aim. Play aim maps (my favorite is on Counter-Strike 1.6: aim_usp).

I have a ball mouse

Try to use the mouse I use when FPS gaming... It ain't easy.

m6.jpg

what? it's the most easiest shit in the world, brb getting 1 deags in ttt, demolishing people in wcs with it, same ball mouse since 2000

Edited by JMaFia

I have a ball mouse

Try to use the mouse I use when FPS gaming... It ain't easy.

m6.jpg

what? it's the most easiest shit in the world, brb getting 1 deags in ttt, demolishing people in wcs with it, same ball mouse since 2000

Not if you're new to it ;) been using mine since 00-01 too

I didn't see the point of jumping on this guys shit. Am I missing something? He's a good guy on jb and you guys are all over him for a simple question. But clearly i'm missing something.