Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Norris

Starwars map with drivable vehicles

StarWars_v2_4

Wcs #1

http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/download/134353

Fairly decent amount of players have been talking about wanting a map with vehicles to drive .... not only does this map have vehicles u can drive but vehicles u can fly that also shoot lasers so i figured id throw this out there. its pretty cool checked it out earlier. asdw for directional movement of vehicles Mouse 1 to move the vehicle up and down Mouse 2 to fire lazers that goes pew pew. 2 bombsites. portals to some of the larger vehicles. Think it might be worth a try.

Guest Horny©at

Well this is a fantasy server, why not have some fantasy maps eh?

But for server 1, That I don't agree with at all.

We need some rats maps like NAO!

This probably wouldn't work in WCS, seems more for MG like Ted said. Vehicles would probably make races useless for the most part, plus when you kill people with the vehicles you don't get credit for the kill. Plus vehicles usually lag like shit in CSS, although I haven't played this map

This looks REALLY fun for MG though.

I think i said this earlier there was a decent amount of people asking for a driving map on the server and i really dont think lasers that go pew pew are really going to kill a zombie or make it so a kirin tor cant fly up and shotgun ur face. If anything i think it might make the insanity of Wcs a bit more intense which i kinda like. Plus i mean lets put it this way put it on for a trial run and see what happens worst case scenario u get a couple of forum complaints and remove the map.

The map looks like shit, with vehicles in it. And it defeats the entire purpose of WCS.

WCS, however, does attribute points for kills with generic damage in Source though (IIRC. For example, lasers and stuff. When you use Fag Lightning, that's a generic entity, with a sprite being drawn to represent it (completely for aesthetics, it doesn't do anything else) causing what Source discerns as damage from "the world". WCS takes over and says, "Naw brah, that dumb faggot Ghoul did that." and then gives him points to bring his KDR up to .25. Same goes for the exploding barrels on Crackhouse. You can cause TKs with them, and it will reflect that in your KDR.)

I know nothing of mapping (lol), but I thought that when you use vehicles to kill people there is no way to tell that YOU were the one that killed that person. I know in WCS if you use your abilities and ultimates that directly comes from you, but with items implemented by the map it's simply damage from world, not from a player with world.

This is just my MG/ZE experience talking, I could be entirely wrong. I've never seen map items that kill players give credit to the player that activated them though.

Im pretty sure that kills would be counted towards the player thru lasers Put the map on so we can find out. I mean its not like if noone votes for it its gonna be played but if you put it on and alot of people vote for it youll be saying heeeyyyyyy good idea mr norris. I'll say it again too alot of people wanted a driving map and this map is pretty sexy.

Guest J_MaFia

Can we run a test drive just for a week? Give it a try :3

I'm pretty sure this map has already passed with the amount of yes's and +1's on the thread. Why isnt it on the server? its a very simple process of click drag done ty mam.

I would love to see this added to the WCS1 map lineup and to remove the map play limits so the fun maps can be played more often like dolls or italy tactics