Sign in to follow this  
Triv

Religion

Guest Fohacidal
Anyone here still believe in some sort of god here?

baseball-logic.jpg

You know the exact same can be applied to over zealous athiests.

sG, i am disappoint.

I love Jesus, what you think about that?

Have fun with that, just don't bitch when we don't love him

You don't need it anymore. Doesn't mean the people who actually still believe in God don't need it.

It's still needed.

Some (intelligent) people dont need to be threatened to do the right thing. But if it helps you go for it.

So if I believe in God and you don't...

and God does exist...

you're screwed.

And I'm not.

Pascal's Wager. Read it up.

Pascals wager is retarded and you should feel bad for bringing it up.

Your god is omnipotent, he would know if you're only worshiping him as insurance. And judging from his old testament track record, he would fuck you up and send you to hell anyway.

This is true with everything. Almost everything is fine or amazing in moderation, and almost everything sucks in excess.

GOING BY SCIENTIFIC THOUGHT: In order to have the BEST outcome, you MUST believe in God. There is no religion here. Just pure fact.

This is why I laugh at people who say science > God or something like that when a part of science says that you should believe that God does exist.

No seriously, Pascals wager is fucking stupid. No, really, it is. How about Chicago Ted's wager? If you don't believe in chicago ted, you will go to hell forever. That must mean Chicago ted>Science>religion right? I mean on the slight chance I'm right i can say "I told you so" for all eternity. Also you should give me money and let me not pay taxes.

Second off; evolution has not been scientifically proven - it is a theory. Moreover, who is to say that a divine being didn't create life on this planet with the ability to "evolve", versus having total control over everything? You do realize how small of a chance it is that any of this even happened, correct? Playing Devil's Advocate here.

Theorys are scientifically proven. We just acknowledge that we could find out more about the subject so nothing is set in stone.

Third off; religion will be doing just fine in 200 years.

I dont think so, i would hope that education will be doing better by then.

this thread is full of insane amounts of fail

3Qupx.jpg

Theorys are scientifically proven. We just acknowledge that we could find out more about the subject so nothing is set in stone.

Oh theories are now scientifically proven? No, sir, that is called a scientific fact.

943198618d1263840017-no-console-bad-company-2-facepalm_implied.jpg

Guest Fohacidal
sG, i am disappoint.

Have fun with that, just don't bitch when we don't love him

Some (intelligent) people dont need to be threatened to do the right thing. But if it helps you go for it.

Pascals wager is retarded and you should feel bad for bringing it up.

Your god is omnipotent, he would know if you're only worshiping him as insurance. And judging from his old testament track record, he would fuck you up and send you to hell anyway.

No seriously, Pascals wager is fucking stupid. No, really, it is. How about Chicago Ted's wager? If you don't believe in chicago ted, you will go to hell forever. That must mean Chicago ted>Science>religion right? I mean on the slight chance I'm right i can say "I told you so" for all eternity. Also you should give me money and let me not pay taxes.

I dont think so, i would hope that education will be doing better by then.

3Qupx.jpg

God forbid someone believe in god jesus ted calm the fuck down

Oh theories are now scientifically proven? No, sir, that is called a scientific fact.

Oh my bad i ment theorys that are accepted by scientists through peer-reviewed research.

Aka the shit you learn in school

have you read my posts lol.

that sir is called a joke.

Evidently he did, and came to the same conclusion as the rest of us.

Oh my bad i ment theorys that are accepted by scientists through peer-reviewed research.

Aka the shit you learn in school

It's accepted because there has been no recent groundbreaking discovery that better explains whatever the current theory is about. That is how science works.

A theory is made -> Everyone loves it -> Holy-shit-crasy-ass-theory is made -> Scientist is made fun of, dies -> Turns out he is right -> Holy-shit-crazy-ass-theory becomes the "accepted, peer-reviewed" theory -> Repeat

no, not at all. I at first supported the mosque, i was talking about future possible saving of the world hypothetically.

and i was talking about this thread.

How is Pascal's Wager stupid? Logic is logic.

Saying that God won't accept you because of using logic is stupid because there are many religions out there.

For example: Hinduism says you don't need to PRAY (or anything of the sort) to God. You acknowledge He's there, He's 'higher' than you, and you follow the basic rules of man.

@ The wars comment...

All wars are fought over money and land. There is no religion involved. Religion may be the scapegoat, and may take the blame up front, but historians will all agree that every war is fought over land and money.

I put it this way, if you look around you, you see perfect patterns of numbers, laws that apply to everything in our universe, etc.... All this looks like it had to be perfectly stringed together to make a perfect sustainable universe. Also mabye other universes that are still not found have different laws and ways of working with numbers. To me it looks like this had to be crafted by something beyond belief and or i also believe it could be a fluke. Weird shit is weird.

On the war comment that Wars are only fought in the name of god is wrong. It is all greed land and money. Look at Stalin and his gulags look at hitler and his genocides look at mao zedong and the list goes on and on. If you choose not to believe in god then so be it, we cannot say that we did not try. Sure, we may be wrong, so be it. I will still live my life and will live it to the fullest and at the same time still have Christian ideologies that I adhere to. If i die and nothin happens oh well. And among other things, your conscience, the shear amount of luck in this plane to hold life and many other things keep me believing.