Sign in to follow this  
Triv

Religion

We do not need it anymore,honestly.

Yea it was kinda important and mainstream back in the crusades,renaissance,dark ages,and everything else to do with that.

But now in modern day,it should have been over with already,just religion in general.

Its more of a sidenote thing in life and its just another thing to add the crappy list of things that make people different,which we dont need.

Religion was used as an excuse for replacement back when there was no modern technology and we could not prove alot of things. Such as, how there is a world beyond our own,and how the universe was created by the big bang and not "god".

So now that we have something called science,evidence and TRUTH. People should not be turning to their hallelujah bullshit to be able to deny these kind of things.

As for me,i dont believe in an almighty god that controls my future and gives me a destiny. I believe in my own personal decisions,chance,and luck. The only part of religion i will take part in,is the holidays. Cause the food is fucking amazing.

So honestly,we should just get rid of it already.

Just my opinion. Discuss.

You don't need it anymore. Doesn't mean the people who actually still believe in God don't need it.

People who are weak-willed need faith to put strength in themselves. It's just who they are, and if that's what they want to do let them be.

It's still needed.

It's still needed.

Its not needed to an extent that it affects society.

People can believe what they want and do whatever they want with religion,but that doesnt mean they should be retarded and deny living proof.

Oh boy, religion topic. I swore we just had this a few weeks ago.

Either way, let people worship, just don't push your beliefs on people. Not like most of the population OR followers really follows them as is.

Triv i agree with you. I believe religion was the cause for many wars, and will be the cause for many wars to come. It's also the cause for a lot of hate crimes and problems. Overall, while it may give people something to do, it also gives people another reason to hate/fight/become crazy fanatics who force their religion down your throat. I go to a private school, and we had a priest come in to talk to us, and just to prove these people are ignorant, after his speech he was taking questions and someone asked him about atheism and the priest said, " Atheists are a bunch of ignorant morons".

I used to think the same way you do Triv, but honestly getting rid of religion isn't going to solve anything. I'm a proud Atheist, but to be quite honest, some people just need religion. Can you think of how high the suicide rate would be if we didn't have religion? If people didn't have a glimpse of hope? If they had nothing to look forward to? Some people need religion, and some don't. Simple as that.

So if I believe in God and you don't...

and God does exist...

you're screwed.

And I'm not.

Pascal's Wager. Read it up.

What's the difference between believing in unproven scientific theories and having faith? Posts like this make you seem just as ignorantt as religious bigots.

Without belief in a religion and spiritual lifeafter death, life is pointless. Waking up, going to work, do the chores you have to do, pay the bills you have to pay...then repeat for 40+ year - for nothing. That is insanity. If you have the ability to believe in faith, then you are a lucky one now a days.

Agree with you Shocker for the most part, however it will never go away. And it's like most things, fine in moderation. Of course you get hardcore believers from each religion and they're the ones that will make religion carry on.

Hardcore believers ruin anything that you bring them to. But it is needed in a sense, some form of law that isn't completely flawed and end up the destruction of humanity.

Unlike Darwin's law, where some atheist bring to a fight. Then I tell them because I was bred to be inherently better, (I am black, slavery bred blacks to be top notch. Only the strong survived during those side times.) I can kill you to survive. Survival of the fittest, at it's finest. Then they shut up.

Religion is pretty stupid. Nothing good comes out of it. Imo It's alot of crap.

Yeah nothing good at all, not; respect, humility, kindness, love for others, forgiveness, charity, hope, a sense of community for those who choose, support - not to mention churches/mosques/temples are amazing places to clear your mind. Follow what each doctrine preaches, and you get all of this, which leads to a better life even if God doesn't ultimately exist.

Guest Fohacidal
We do not need it anymore,honestly.

Yea it was kinda important and mainstream back in the crusades,renaissance,dark ages,and everything else to do with that.

But now in modern day,it should have been over with already,just religion in general.

Its more of a sidenote thing in life and its just another thing to add the crappy list of things that make people different,which we dont need.

Religion was used as an excuse for replacement back when there was no modern technology and we could not prove alot of things. Such as, how there is a world beyond our own,and how the universe was created by the big bang and not "god".

So now that we have something called science,evidence and TRUTH. People should not be turning to their hallelujah bullshit to be able to deny these kind of things.

As for me,i dont believe in an almighty god that controls my future and gives me a destiny. I believe in my own personal decisions,chance,and luck. The only part of religion i will take part in,is the holidays. Cause the food is fucking amazing.

So honestly,we should just get rid of it already.

Just my opinion. Discuss.

Im assuming this is the DnST thread you have been waiting to make to prove to everyone how mature, open minded and intellectual youve become right?

Im assuming this is the DnST thread you have been waiting to make to prove to everyone how mature, open minded and intellectual youve become right?

Not really brah,i was just simply looking for people's opinions. I like discussions.

And if i was trying to prove anything to people,i wouldnt really pick religion as the topic, its not really my forte.

All I see is:

Well if you actually took the time to read instead of troll,you would actually see a pretty logical post.

Religion is fine, extremists are not!

This is true with everything. Almost everything is fine or amazing in moderation, and almost everything sucks in excess.

For those who don't know Pascal's Wager...

There are 4 possibilities.

1) You believe in God and God does exist. <-- You win. You go to Heaven(or whatever you believe in) and essentially will be rewarded.

2) You believe in God and God doesn't exist. <--- You lose slightly. You lose that time you spent during your life where you prayed to God and so on.

3) You don't believe in God and God doesn't exist. <-- You win. You save those Sundays at church and whatever other time you might have spent.

4) You don't believe in God and God does exist. <-- You lose eternally. You go to hell. You will suffer forever.

GOING BY SCIENTIFIC THOUGHT: In order to have the BEST outcome, you MUST believe in God. There is no religion here. Just pure fact.

This is why I laugh at people who say science > God or something like that when a part of science says that you should believe that God does exist.