Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Guys White Sister

Baning Application

So, I was having a smoke about 30 seconds ago, and I was thinking to myself, if I was to make a banning program that would allow all admins to log in and make an auto banning system to ban for an given amount of time (ex: 30, 1 hour, 6 hours, perma) without having to actually go through the game, Would anyone actually want this, It would basically add it to the SQL database (assuming the Sourcebans works like that) add the name, the steam id, reason, admin, etc, and allow them to set up a custom time. Of course the Perma would email an Advisor and tell them that an admin has perma'd and the Advisor's could revoke the perma without having to actually go through the web panel. It's just an idea so if anyone wants this i could sketch up a rough design and then have an advisor/JCS approve it.

Not really understanding what your saying here but someone probably will. Also admins cant perma they can only ban for up to 6 hours so emailing the advisor about it really isnt necesarry. Inb4grammernazisaysbanningisspealtwrong.

Not really understanding what your saying here but someone probably will. Also admins cant perma they can only ban for up to 6 hours so emailing the advisor about it really isnt necesarry. Inb4grammernazisaysbanningisspealtwrong.

I think hes talking about a Remote Console kinda thing, like hlsw.. Just without the console if u get what I mean, Buttons like "ADD BAN" or "REMOVE BAN" "KICK PLAYER" "KICK SPECTATES" Etc etc

I like the idea..

Pretty much, Except for no kicking, just Adding bans, removing bans, adding ban length, all from this one console.

@Oreo

I was thinking that the Perma button (Possibly a radiobutton/checkbox) would only be enabled (Clickable) if the account was allowed by JCS/Advisor.

I know that advisors might want this, it's just an easier way to ban/remove bans than going through the web panel.

Of course it would be donated, But my vision is for all admins to have access.

Here's a scenario:

Someone catches an aimbotter, they perma ban him. An email is automaticly sent to the JCS/Advisors, if they were freely perma'd then the staff could remove it, and revoke the rights to the admin console thingy, and possibly the whole admin.

You're still trying to give kids staff access, for money.

Publicly displaying evidence is better than having people getting banned because ONE person thought they were hacking.

This

You're not understanding me, The permanent radiobutton (for the banning) won't be clickable unless the staff allows access to it. What I'm trying to do is have it check a SQL of all the Admins. If the admin has a 1 under the permanent section then the radiobutton will be clickable, if not, then it won't be enabled.

I'm almost 100% sure this is uncrackable (To normal users standards). It works off a HWID system that grabs more than enough info that if 1 thing is wrong it won't allow access.

------------------------

So this is basically the design i have at the moment. If people want me to add more things than i can, if they want things removed than i can.

c0qrd.jpg

15iaq89.jpg

You're not understanding me, The permanent radiobutton (for the banning) won't be clickable unless the staff allows access to it. What I'm trying to do is have it check a SQL of all the Admins. If the admin has a 1 under the permanent section then the radiobutton will be clickable, if not, then it won't be enabled.

I'm almost 100% sure this is uncrackable (To normal users standards). It works off a HWID system that grabs more than enough info that if 1 thing is wrong it won't allow access.

------------------------

So this is basically the design i have at the moment. If people want me to add more things than i can, if they want things removed than i can.

c0qrd.jpg

15iaq89.jpg

Ok i understand what your saying there. I would get rid of the steam id when logging in as anyone can get that so you dont really need it. Seems like a solid idea but remove the option to perma ban a person and replace it with a day as i have seen some people ban for 1440 minutes.Also im guessing a admin would have to tab out to do this?Also maybe you could add a spot for putting in evidence such as screenshots or demos(links of course) and what is with the "remove admin acces to console" button?

------------------------

c0qrd.jpg

15iaq89.jpg

I do not see a point to this. The system now is fine. Also 6 hours to perma. maybe have 1 day 3 day and 1 week.

Ok i understand what your saying there. I would get rid of the steam id when logging in as anyone can get that so you dont really need it. Seems like a solid idea but remove the option to perma ban a person and replace it with a day as i have seen some people ban for 1440 minutes.Also im guessing a admin would have to tab out to do this?Also maybe you could add a spot for putting in evidence such as screenshots or demos(links of course) and what is with the "remove admin acces to console" button?

Remove access to the console would be removing the HWID. So if an JCS/Advisor removed your HWID from the server then next time they would go to use it (The person that got removed) would have the application close on them. Not allowed access.

@Shadow

Yeah, im going to remove it and make it 1 week, and change the 30 to an hour, and the hour to 6 hours, etc.

Meh, i think of weird shit while i smoke. But im working on the PHP aspect now, trying to make it add a table so i can edit the tables and shit :3

I could see this being abused, I think it's just fine with staff having access to out of server banning, this is cool and all I just see no benefit

Then it would be just for staff :/ I'm just extremely bored lately so im trying to be more efficient.

It is impossible for this NOT to be abused. The way we have it is that only staff can use admin commands when not in game. This is done through sourcebans and we do it because we're given proof that shows that somebody deserves to be banned. Staff is allowed to do this because we're trusted (for the most part) to be impartial and fair about it (hey they try). If you do something as stupid as this, you get people banning players based on the word of their friend who is in game, not reviewing a demo/screenshot/etc. without ever entering the server.

Ever notice how theres a login feature for sourcebans up at the top? Staff sets up your account with a random ass password that you dont get to know, but if we wanted you to know it and thought it necessary, then we could enable users to ban and unban and do all sorts of stuff through sourcebans (AKA not through CSS, just like you are suggesting). So you see, if this was a good idea, we could have done this way back when we first got sourcebans.

Just have players gather their proof and post it to the Complaint Department. Remember that every player is innocent until proven guilty and the staff is the judge. In a case where an admin wasnt there to see it, the players who were need to come and present their proof to staff in the CD so that they can give their fairest judgement. We just can't trust all 160 admins enough to let them loose with this.

tl;dr it would create many more problems than it would solutions.

You're all reading the OP and not what else I'm saying, the only reason im making it is so it's easier for people to ban someone (Staff is who im talking about) without having to go through source bans.

what would be nice is to be able to ban by steam id with a command while in game so the avoiders dont get away

Yeah, why not make a command that bans SteamID's so if someone does freekill and leave we can ban them.

Sign in to follow this