Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Epicsauce

Epicsaurus' Recruitment Thread [DENIED]

Epicsaurus' Application!

Name:

Alex

14 years old.

Ontario, Canada.

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:29068430

XFire:

None (Will get XFire if needed)

Provide a link to your HLStatsX profile:

http://sg.gameme.com/playerinfo/48942

Microphone:

Yes.

Favorite Server:

Jailbreak / Surf Server.

Have you ever hacked in game before:

No, and never will.

Questions or Comments:

I might be 14, but don't think I'm not mature.

About Yourself:

Well, the only thing you should know is that I'm Serbian.

Referral(s):

Blob.

Thank you for applying to Syndicate Gamers.

First off, make sure you're well versed in reporting Abusive Players (ex. Mic Spammers, Admins, Hackers etc...)

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php/7325-Protocol-for-Reporting-an-abusive-player.

• Have one staff referral

• Have to have at least 2 week of forum time and 50 posts

• Have at least 24 hours of playtime on the Syndicate Gamers Servers.

After doing so you will be ready to move on.

The first phase of recruitment requires that you be screened by an Advisor so that higher staff can vote on your application to be accepted into the two week observation period.

In order to do so, you will need to add one of the following and ask them (if available and willing) to screen you.

Please add your "in-game name" and "Preferred Server" in the add friend comment, as to avoid confusion. This is not necessary, but highly, highly appreciated.

Joint Chiefs of Staff:

• Looooooooooooooongcat (XFire: festizian)
  • Oracion (XFire: duelist)

Advisors:

• HoboInArmy (XFire: hobo22)
  • Marvin (XFire: Nailath)
  • Mitch (XFire: geekyaznboy)
  • fatb0y
  • Mary Jane
  • Contract Killer
  • Chicago Ted

Recruitment Officers:

• blob (XFire: blobzorz)
  • ChosenOne2000 (XFire: chosenone2000)
  • zachmanman (XFire: zachmanman)

After doing so, your answers will be posted here and the staff will vote on your application. After attaining 4 yes votes, you will be initiated in phase two of the recruitment process: the observation period.

Failure to complete the screening will result in a denied application.

Check back often, as updates, comments and suggestions will be made throughout the recruitment process.

Thank you.

Question 1: If there was a microphone spammer on the server, how would you deal with it?

First I'd warn them, and if the continued, I'd mute them. If they left to avoid the mute, I'd ban them.

Question 2: In the case of a hacker on the server you are in, what procedure would you follow?

I'd spectate them, and record a demo, then ban them. Finally I'd post the demo on the forums to get the person(s) banned longer.

Question 3: In the situation that you are being bombarded with people asking if they can join the clan, what would you tell them to do?

I'd tell them, that they would have to register on the forums (JoinSG.net) and I would tell them that they would have to meet some requirements before applying.

(50 posts, 2 weeks forum time, 24 hours ingame, and at least one referall.

Question 4: Would you consider yourself a mature person? If so, why?

Yes I do, I might be young but I don't mic spam and do other stupid things like a young person would do. I'm also admin so that helps quite a bit

Question 5: Why is it that you want to join the sG community?

Well, this is the community that I love. On Counterstrike: Source the only things I play are the sG servers. I also believe being in the clan would and is a great addition.

Also, I'd love to get closer to the community.

Question 6: Do you fully agree with the terms and conditions specified in the recruitment thread?

Yes.

Question 7: On average, how often will you play on the sG servers and how often will you be on the forums?

I'm mostly in-game, and sometimes on the forums.

In-game: About 3-5 hours daily.

Forums: 1-2 hours daily.

Question 8: How do you think you can be an addition to our growing community? What makes you unique from the other recruits?

I think that having another mature member in the clan is a great addition, I wont cause any drama, and I also have admin so I would know all the rules and such.

Question 9: Would you contribute to discussions made within sG and keep the topics civil?

Yes, of course.

Question 10: Have you ever been a member in sG before or tried to become one? If so, why did you leave/get denied?

No I have not, this is my first shot.

YES 1/4

4/4

Congratulations!

You have the minimum number of required votes to move onto the next step in the sG recruitment process, the two week observation period.

This thread will be moved to pending recruits now. After two weeks you will have to bump your application to be re-voted on. There will now be a poll attached to your thread, players who have interacted with you will vote yes or no on your entry into sG. If you get 15 votes one way or another, you will be automatically accepted or denied. Only votes from sG Members will count towards the required 15. Even staff votes do not count in the poll. If you do not obtain this, it will take 6 staff votes to be accepted into the clan.

Stay active, maintain maturity, post on the forums when possible, and be patient.

Please add "sGr |" (without quotes) to your in-game and Xfire name. If you are not wearing the tags, your application to join the clan may be denied.

Adding the following to your Xfire contacts will be beneficial in the future for questions or comments you may have. Feel free to contact any one of us provided we are available. If we aren't, you can send us private message at anytime by clicking on our respective profiles and clicking "Send Message."

JCS:

Advisors:

Engineers:

Recruitment Officers:

• blob (XFire: blobzorz)
  • ChosenOne2000 (XFire: chosenone2000)
  • zachmanman (XFire: zachmanman)

yes 0/15

Invalid as of yesturday you must provide a reason why you are voting yes/no.

i have played with u sometimes and i agree on you being immature but u do a good job as admin

yes 0/15

i would have to disagree with that. He still does not have a good grasp on the rules.

Vote is at -1/15

Invalid as of yesturday you must provide a reason why you are voting yes/no.

Cosigned

@all Please provide reasons for yes AND no votes

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php/33684-Voting-Rule-Changes-as-of-August-11th

Guys this new rule is a radical shift in policy. Please do your best to police each other and I'll support you.

-1/15

No. I personally don't know you to well, It's likely that not a lot of other people do either, I think you applied to soon.

Not exactly the best with his administrative privileges.

Yes 0/15

Despite his age, he is really mature and always eager to learn with admining.

He asks me how to do stuff all the time (lul yes asking the wrong person people will say), this guy would be a good addition.

Yes 0/15

Despite his age, he is really mature and always eager to learn with admining.

He asks me how to do stuff all the time (lul yes asking the wrong person people will say), this guy would be a good addition.

this.

1/15

If he keeps it up, he will make a very great admin.

-1/15

No. I personally don't know you to well, It's likely that not a lot of other people do either, I think you applied to soon.

Not exactly the best with his administrative privileges.

Don't you think you shouldn't vote if you don't know him well? And he does quite well with his admin, if you mean he isn't the best because he doesn't use it, he PAYS for it, he could choose not to do shit.

He said he's about to lose admin because he's out of money, but I'm going to vote yes anyways. He seems to be learning the rules quickly and he didn't seem at all immature.

2/15