Sign in to follow this  
Velo

Torrent

DO NOT USE thepiratebayorg i was on it last night looking for stuff, and i got another fcking one of those drive by trojans. antivirus 2010 >.> it was easy to get rid of (Delete the file "AV.EXE" in the temp folder) but its messed my file associations up pretty good, and i had to re-add .exe files in there. not that i really care about the virus, (this was a temp os, and i keep my 28.4GB steam folder on my storage drive to avoid re-downloading games, hundreds of css maps and models, all garry's mod addons, etc) but its really pissing me off about this. its probably the 3rd time I forgot and left that window open. and i guarantee every time i got one, it was from that. so dont fcking go there unless you have linux

Yea try looking at the comment's of the thing your wanting to download first.

Never download something that has no comment's on it, or something that has people spamming it's a virus. However should you get something off of it, then run a virus scan on the file/folder to make sure it isn't infected first.

Do that and you will never get a virus too infect your comp from torrent site's.

actually, i was going to *aquire* a metallica album. i left it on TPB homepage to go look in my storage drive to see what i needed, then i went afk for a sec. then i came back and talked to firefighter for a few, then it just popped up :/ i hadnt even typed in what i wanted to search for. just wait untill im on linux some time. im going to go tell them off

and lol, i know all about viruses. always look at comments for a torrent, always check size of what your downloading.

haha, truly, truly sad. Don't spread misinformation about TPB because you don't know what you're doing. I could leave 1000 TPB windows open from now until the end of time and nothing would happen.

ok, then. i got a test for you. if you have an extra pc laying around, get a fresh install of xp with service pack 2 and ie6 with no firewall. (just for kicks) and open up a bunch of random links (5-6) on tpb, let them sit for about 20 minutes (possibly refresh) and see what happens. and dude, dont bullshit me. i know what im doing with pc's. ive been fucking with them for years. not to mention this's happened to me 2 times in the past

This.

Who the FUCK uses TPB still?

ok? what do you use? :rolleyes:

and yeh jesse i know all about isohunt, its a good one

ok, then. i got a test for you. if you have an extra pc laying around, get a fresh install of xp with service pack 2 and ie6 with no firewall. (just for kicks) and open up a bunch of random links (5-6) on tpb, let them sit for about 20 minutes (possibly refresh) and see what happens. and dude, dont bullshit me. i know what im doing with pc's. ive been fucking with them for years. not to mention this's happened to me 2 times in the past

Why're you using XP SP2? That wouldn't do anything anyway haha.

And this thread is proof positive you don't know what you're doing.

Why're you using XP SP2? That wouldn't do anything anyway haha.

And this thread is proof positive you don't know what you're doing.

i dont fucking use sp2. im saying use that to convey a point.

im using sp3 with ie8. i said that so you could see what the fuck will happen, but at a faster rate.

go ahead. post with another smart ass fucking remark

haha, I'm just tryin' to keep it real, yo. I realize my remarks may sound trechant, but believe me when I say that you do not know what you're doing when it comes to computers. Focus your offense into furthering your abilities, then come back and prove me wrong. I'll welcome it.

It's interesting that even the DoD doesn't know how to use a computer properly, yes. Not exactly surprising, though. My friend works for the USAF, and it's hilarious the stories he tells me. That's what happens when you get too big to oversee all of your actions. You have to outsource things.