Sign in to follow this  
vision

Split the Bhop Server

Many of the most frequent bhoppers, especially the ones who prefer harder, longer maps are forced into conflict with occasional bhoppers and those who prefer shorter, easier maps. Dividing the bhop server by difficulty or region, or adding one exclusively for higher ranked players/donors would be beneficial to everyone since it would give players option as to which map they play. 

For example, Daniel, I and a few others often run maps that the vast majority of the playerbase is unable to complete, which is frustrating to them and causes a decline in server population. This is why I am primarily in support of adding a new server that is catered to the different skill levels. However, if a donor/VIP server is required for financial reasons, I would be willing to contribute as applicable.

Thanks to the bhop staff for continual support and quality development. I look forward to your responses.

vision.

Throw away Surf RPG and make a second BHOP map! /s 

In all reality, I'm not opposed to this idea. There are multiple people who enjoy the easier maps, and there are multiple people who like more of a challenge.

With that being said, we would be splitting a server with a *current* population average of about 15, to two servers with approx. 7 players a piece. Logistically, I don't think that is a very smart idea.. plus more servers = more $$$. If you really wanted to do a donor / VIP only server, the fee would have to be enough to get the server running, and then we would have to maintain the cost between a select few "VIPs"

you mean the one man staff team Kid Fearless? and yeah I'm not opposed to the idea I join and it's typically a more difficult map and I just can't complete so I don't see motivation in trying and completing a hard map. So I can see as to why that would be. @KiD Fearless what do you think?

I'm definitely willing/wanting to do a second server at some point, so let's talk about how that would happen.

A public and a private would probably be the most desirable, since then players could grind a map for as long as they want without being interrupted. Though these kinds of servers would cause issues with syncing replaybots, and require both servers to be on different maps at all times.

An easy and a hard would fix both those issues since, they would using separate maplists. Though this does split the population a bit as some players only connect when harder maps are on. There's also at which difficulty do we split the maplist, as there's some easy maps that are long, and some short maps that are hard.

As far as population issues goes the bhop server runs best with lower pop, which is why the server cap is set to 19.

I think the server should stay as it is and not split. I don't really like the idea of splitting the community in to two sections like that. Although I sometimes prefer harder maps over easy maps, it's always more fun when the whole server is online together.

This situation is kind of similar to what happened with skill surf. There was a hard surf but it was removed because the population was so low. If there were to be a split, then it's assumed that all the good people who want a challenge would bunch together on the harder bhop server and then the new guys wouldn't have anyone to ask for help on the easy bhop. I agree with Daniel that it's nice being able to talk amongst each other regardless of skill. Plus, you'd have to split the admins/staff between the servers and that's going to be hard since there aren't many to start with :^)

I do second the notion of removing rpg surf though