Sign in to follow this  
Ironic

Venom Movie (Thoughts/Opinions)

venom-tom-hardy-23518-resized.jpeg

Hey guys! Just wanted to get your thoughts and opinions on one of the latest super-hero/villain movie Venom.

REMEMBER, please use the spoiler tags since this movie is still very new and a lot of people have probably not seen it yet.

(Use for reference)

First off, some of you may or may not know, I grew up literally loving Venom. Everyone would always have their favorite superhero and what not right? Well, growing up ever since like 2nd grade, I always loved Venom. I don't remember what got me into him (I think it was either the original Spider-Man cartoon TV series, or the Ultimate Spider-Man video game), but once I started liking Venom, I had SO many action figures and shirts of Venom when I was little. It kind of scared my parents a bit because I was so into a super-villain, rather than a super-hero, but I didn't care.

I'm not a big comic reader by any means, but I definitely know about a lot of the different Venom story lines out there. I knew and had expectations going in that yes, this movie is not gonna be much related to any of the comics, especially with the lack of Spider-Man in it. So, I didn't go into this movie having the highest expectation of all the comic book story lines somehow being in it, no. I went in with the thought of "you know, this isn't gonna be the exact same Venom we know and love from the comics, but I'm gonna give this movie a chance and see what kind of story line they can develop". So that's what I did.

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie! I thought they made probably the perfect Venom movie they could have made for making one without a Spider-Man story line in it, and one that someone didn't really need any background knowledge on Venom whatsoever going into the movie. The only thing I found weird during the movie, was the constant back and forth talking between Eddie and Venom. After a while, I got used to it and I mean it wasn't completely terrible because It shows how they're two separate entities, but bonded and working together. The other thing that was kind of weird is how the symbiotes needed to be "compatible" with certain people, but if that were true, why was Venom and Riot able to pretty much just freely switch hosts whenever they wanted, while other symbiotes died because they weren't compatible with the test subject? That kind of threw me off during the movie, but never the less, I still greatly enjoyed the movie, and I can't wait for the second one and see what kind of Carnage we get to see! 7.89/10 for me.

Edited by Ironic

51 minutes ago, Beerman said:

Heard it sucked dick. Wont go see  

It has it's faults, but I think it depends how you go into the movie. If you go into it thinking it's going to be lined up with any of the comics, then you're gonna be super disappointed.

For a stand alone movie, without Spider-Man, I thought the did a great job!

I saw the movie I really thought it was great

I was kinda dissipointed there was only 2 symbiotes that we’re actually controlled in the movie.

Edited by Wolfshade

Loved it. I've stopped paying attention to critic reviews after they said Wall-E was a good movie.

Venom was a decent movie and I enjoyed it. They really added more humour to it though than action to be honest but overall it was funny.